Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Accepted ❯ Mission Accepted 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tsuyoku: How about a joke:
"If a big breastedwoman works at Hooters (c), then where does a one-legged woman work?"


"IHOP!!!"


Sry about that, I just wanted to put in this joke that I have heard lately into the fic. I thought it to be funny, maybe it birghtened up your day too?


MISSION ACCEPTED: CHAPTER SEVEN


Relena found it just a tiny bit hard to look Wufei in the eye as they were heading down the stairs and into the lobby of the Hotel. It had taken last night when she climbed into his bed to show that she had some feelings, physical or emotional, willing or not, for the Preventer Wufei. And that scared her. Relena was used to thinking about Heero. He was the one she thought about in the shower while washing her hair or after she stepped out of a cab onto the street. But this morning, there was an epiphany that Wufei was the one that occupied her thoughts. It is said that the one you think about at the most casual times is the person that you care most about. Those little moments when you step out of the shower, or when you try to decide what to eat for breakfast, or even when you are laying in bed at night, finally able to sacrifice your eyelids to the depth of sleep.

They exited the small hotel on the outskirts of London. Relena had been so fond of that place. And now looking at it, standing lovely against the flower basins at the windows, Relena knew that she would be coming there again sometime. The thought of staying here, especially with her job, was almost a haven-like dream. "Coming?" Wufei asked. She turned and looked at his eyes accidentally before fluttering them up to the sky. It was still bleak from the night before; it was a grey, much like her mind set about going back to the way life usually was.

"If I had the chance, I'd stay here longer." She replied while scooting into the cab. He followed her when all their bags were in the truck. All he did was smirk silently thinking to himself that he would have liked to as well.

The ride over to the airport was a silent one, this time with Relena a bit uncomfortable about the particular way she woke up that morning.

Relena woke up to the sound of an alarm going off. It wasn't her choice of buzzer for a certain wake-up call; it was shrill and demanded that you hit the "off" or snooze" buttons before you think about anything else. But she was wide awake when the bed moved and an arm reached across her body to hit the button.

"Hmm. Five more minutes would be nice." She mumbled. 'hand, a hand... not my hand. Someone else's hand...' Relena jerked her head up only to hit someone's chin, and judging by the 'ow' that sounded, it was Wufei.

They both looked at each other, at the same time registering that Relena had crawled into the bed because of the storm and somewhat reveling in the fact that they did not have sex. Relena looked down the length of them. 'Funny,' she thought. 'I remember falling asleep on a different side of the bed last night.'

Wufei flashed a sleepy smirk and mumbled a 'good morning' her way before un-entangling himself from her limbs and rising from the bed. To say that they both moved around a bit at night was an understatement that was proven by loss of warmth Relena found at his removal. And how could he act so casual? She didn't make the assumption that he slept in the same bed with girls casually a lot, so there had to be something wrong there. Relena herself was blushing furiously. Before Wufei could return from the bathroom to get dressed--it would be a sexual overdrive to watch--Relena grabbed her pillow and until Wufei knocked on the bathroom door, engorged herself into her normal bathroom routine.

You might wonder what Wufei was doing this whole time. There Relena sat, not one foot away from him pondering the whole scenario from that morning in her mind, but was his mind on the same thing? In fact, he was brooding on that subject. He had kept his cool that morning and he had no idea why. When he had woken up, minutes prior to the alarm blaring, he had known that Relena was in his arms, but instead he didn't register that they were there for a conference, or for any reason for that matter. He just enjoyed it because it felt good to let someone get this close to him for once. Then, when the alarm rang, he 'woke up' from his unusual thoughts before once again acknowledging the woman in his arms.

When he had gotten to the bathroom, turning to start a shower, Wufei saw his own blush in the mirror, much like the one he had seen on Relena's face just before he closed the bathroom door.

This was certainly unusual.

The trip to the airport was over, and hopefully were their thoughts on the matter of the previous night. The plane left two hours later to whisk the Vice Foreign Minister, the Preventer Wufei, and both of their unsure thoughts across the Atlantic pond to North America, a place of endless possibilities and opportunities.

*Unfortunately our story doesn't follow them there. Instead, we flash forward to the day of their arrival back home in Japan and leave the previous month to refer back to later.

June 1st was a beautiful day indeed. Not only because there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but because Relena Darlain was finally home; she'd set foot on Japanese soil for the first time in a little over two months. Needless to say she was a bit eager to see people she missed and enjoy the comfortable vacation time that she'd set aside before the trip was even finished in the planning stages. This would be nice. And even though she'd like to go to that London hotel again--where no one knew her she might add--she did want to spend time back in Japan. It was one thing to live in peace, but here she was used to the noisy city life and the hustle and bustle that came with it.

"Vice Foreign Minister Darlain!" And so the reporters that bombarded the landing pad began. "Do you think your conference was effective?"

"Darlain, how do you think this will effect the demilitarization of the earth and colonies?"

New faces, new microphones. They could never stop talking and asking questions. It should seem to anyone that this was a serious invasion of privacy, but to Relena, there was no privacy. Her whole life, standing next to her father coming home from trips to outer space and massive parties, she had been in the spotlight, whether or not if the news was about her.

Today Relena did not answer the reporters; she merely walked through the swimming mass of cameras and phones towards the car that Sally Po had waiting for Wufei and her.

“Miss Relena, how was the trip?” Sally Po asked as she slid into the passenger seat of the car.

“I’m sure it was very effective, Sally. But more than anything, I’m just happy to be home. I sure have missed this city and everyone in it.” She smiled, somehow knowing that Sally probably planned one of her parties again. Sally loved baking sweets and planning parties to serve them at. That was why whenever Sally could find an occasion, she got everything together. That was what kept a lot of their people happy, having free sweets, alcohol, and good company once in a while. It also kept all the Gundam pilots in one place mostly and as well, in good company with each other.

“Wufei, you will be assigned to Relena for the remainder of her vacation and then another Preventer will take over for you.” Sally spoke from the front seat.

‘Speaking of good company,’ Relena thought. ‘Where is he headed after me? Back to the desk job? For all our sakes, I certainly hope not. Now that he has a taste of the field, there won’t be much patient waiting until another job comes up.’ She sighed as they pulled up to Preventer’s Headquarters. ‘Happy to be home.’ There was an unconscious emphasis on the word home in her mind.

“Relena, I know everyone will want to see you, why don’t you come on up and see Noin and Zechs.”

“Very well, Sally. I suppose I would like to see everyone,” Relena smiled. She knew that Sally was coaxing her up where everyone was waiting. It happened almost every time that she came back from a trip. Not that Relena was complaining or anything...

"Surprise!" everyone said. Well, almost everyone. Everyone except for Trowa and Heero who were lingering in the back of the room like always. Heck, she'd be worried if they all of the sudden came up to her and said 'Surprise!!!’

She tried to act surprise, though Wufei did not hide his boredom at the over used expression. "Wow! It's great to see you guys again!" It was scary that every time she stayed away from this place for too long she somehow lost a spark that was only gained again by spending time with these guys, as unorthodox as they may seem.

It was a few hours later that we rejoin Relena where she has apparently joined in conversation with Noin over any things and nothings. “Relena, I think that you should be the first to know. Zechs and I are finally talking about marriage. After all these years, finally I’m seeing him become more and more human to the world everyday. It’s just that I can’t help but wonder that if there was some sort of war that came along, he’d leave again, and this time maybe not come back…”

“Noin, please don’t worry about that. Do not worry about a war until there is a war to fret about. I’m doing all I can to encourage people that fighting on a battlefield with lives at hand is not the key. Reforming these politics might help the fighting in the conference rooms.” She took in a deep breath, looking around the room at the small amount of people that still lingered, talking. One of those included Heero, whom stood there, stealing glances at her every now and then. “Milliardo knows that there is the chance of war, we all do. But any opening up to you, or talk of marriage, is a sign that maybe he is finally willing to settle down and give up a like of war and aliases.” This sentence was accompanied with a true smile.

“Thank you, Relena. It’s really been nice talking to you again after all this time, and we’ll have to do this again sometime.” They rose. Noin had left her to get Zechs so they could go. Two people that nice did not deserve to be that busy.

She was left with but a few people that lingered in the room, including most of the Gundam pilots. Duo was having fun, drinking a bit and still nibbling on some of the food in the room, thankfully not drunk. Quatre was there with Trowa, still being his modest self and putting himself between Wufei and Duo as they managed to annoy each other. And Trowa, with such interesting hair stood around, talking as little as he could and being the stereotypical Gundam pilot that he is.

************