Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Not gonna get us ❯ Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rain: I heard this song and I immiediatly thought of Gundam Wing. Eventually, that turned into this. Enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Wing or ‘Not gonna get us’ by Tatu. (I think)

~Not gonna get us

They're not gonna get us

Not gonna get us

Not gonna get us~

Duo smirked to himself as he slipped out right under the guards who had been looking for him for the past fifteen minutes. Well, him and his partner.

* Yup* he thought * Shinigami is alive and well. Let’s see about the Perfect Soldier *

Sliding into a vent (why did Oz always build their places with easy to reach vents?) he used zero gravity to propel himself forward, before sliding out of another vent right into someone’s arms.

~Starting from here, let's make a promise
You and me, let's just be honest
We're gonna run, nothing can stop us
Even the night that falls all around us~

Duo flashed a grin up at his partner, before swinging himself down, and taking off without a word, Heero at his side. There was no need to talk; they were both hyper alert and their veins were coursing with adrenaline.

Once out of the base they continued running until they reached a hill some distance away.

Speaking for the first time, Duo asked, "Did you get it?"

Heero just smirked and said, "Don’t I always?" and flashed a disk at him.

Duo smirked back and pulled something out of his pocket.

Soon the sounds of explosions and laughter filled the air, and they were running again.

~Soon there will be laughter and voices
Beyond the clouds over the mountains
We'll run away on roads that are empty
Lights from the airfield shining upon you~

They collapsed in each other’s arms on the couch in their safe house, breathless but happy. They shouldn’t have been, really; they had just killed hundreds of soldiers.

But the thrill of a mission completed was intoxicating to them and there was nothing they could do about it.

Duo, who was on top of Heero, finally stopped laughing and met the eyes of his relaxed partner.

Heero flipped them over and kissed Duo.

~Nothing can stop this, not now I love you
They're not gonna get us, they're not gonna get us
Nothing can stop this, not now I love you
They're not gonna get us, they're not gonna get us, They're not gonna get us~

Duo sighed in relief as the school they were going to finally let out. Sure, he had a lot of friends, but they couldn’t understand him, and they only ever caught a glimpse of who he really was.

* Of course * he thought dryly * only Heero really understands me, though the other pilots no more then these kids . . . *

Vaguely wondering how the other pilots were, he ran up to him before falling into step next to him.

"How was your day, Heero?"

"Boring."

~Not gonna get us
Not gonna get us~

Inwardly Duo felt incredibly pleased that he could ask Heero questions and get actual responses, not grunts, which is what everyone else got. Sure, it was only when they were alone, but at least Heero had opened up to him.

It meant a lot to him.

But he didn’t say so. Instead he said, "It might help if you didn’t know everything they teach there." In a light teasing voice.

Heero just shot him an amused look, like he knew what he was thinking.

Maybe he did.

~We'll run away, keep everything simple
Night will come down, our guardian angel
We rush ahead, the crossroads are empty
Our spirits rise, they're not gonna get us~

They ran. This time, though, they were on a special mission for Lady Une. The wars had ended some time ago, and they didn’t usually take missions but this had required special skills.

Skills they both had.

Though a part of him was upset about having to go on another mission, most of him was reveling in the feeling that was working with Heero.

He didn’t even have to look at the other boy to know he felt the same way.

~My love for you, always forever
Just you and me, all else is nothing
Not going back, not going back there
They don't understand,
They don't understand us~

"Freak"

"unnatural"

"queer"

The whispers followed them as they walked down the main school hall.

The entire place knew that they were together, and seemed to have problems with it.

"I thought you’re supposed to be mature in highschool." He muttered.

Heero looked at him, worried. "I can make them leave us alone if you want . . ." he said softly.

Duo smiled. Heero could be really sweet sometimes.

"That’s okay, love. Were almost out of here for the day anyway . . ."

Heero nodded, but took his hand anyway.

At Heero’s touch Duo automatically relaxed, feeling better already.

~Nothing can stop this, not now I love you
They're not gonna get us,
They’re not gonna get us~

"Relena, I’m in love with Duo."

Silence. Relena looked as if she had been slapped. "But . . ." she whispered slowly, horrified.

Heero’s face was blank. The other ex-pilots were watching as well, Quatre looking slightly worried, Wufei bored, and Trowa amused.

"Get out." She whispered.

"What?" Duo asked, startled.

"Get out. And don’t look back until I feel like I can deal with this."

Heero nodded and calmly led Duo out.

The next time they saw her was at her wedding to Dorothy.


~Nothing can stop this, not now I love you
They're not gonna get us,
They’re not gonna get us
They're not gonna get us
They're not gonna get us!~

Review, Please!