Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends New Enemies ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Old Friends New Enemies

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. I am just using them to extend my artistic abilities through writing. So please don't sue me. I have nothing to give you but my two bad cats and I'm sure you don't want them.

Chapter 4

Hilde watched various emotions cross Duo's face. Shock, disbelief, wonder. It was as if he still wasn't sure that it was really her.

"Long time no see." Hilde said casually noting the looks she was getting from her fellow gang members.

"Duo, you know this chick?" asked the first guy that talked to her.

"Yeah I do, Matt." Duo answered not taking his eyes off Hilde. "Though it has been a long time since I saw her."

"It has been a long time," Hilde agreed, "and things have changed. I'm not the same person I was back then."

Sally walked over to Hilde while she was talking and stood beside her. She put her hand on Hilde's shoulder to gain the girls' attention before Duo started talking again.

"This is the guy you were talking about before?" Sally asked.

Hilde said nothing. She had a feeling about where this was heading and wasn't looking forward to it. Hilde knew that despite the obvious answer Sally was expecting some sort of reply. So she just nodded her head.

"I figured as much." Sally stated. "I think it's time to show him your colors."

Sally turned around and walked back over to the rest of the girls. Hilde watched her for a moment before she looked away. The last Sally had said had been both a request and an order. Though they were both leaders, Sally still had seniority. When she looked at Duo, Hilde saw the puzzled expression that she had expected to be there.

"What does she mean, Hilde?" Duo asked.

"Like I said before Duo, I'm not the same person you knew before." Hilde said calmly as she took off the jacket that she had been wearing. "And I have a hunch that you won't even be able to recognize the symbol of the biggest change."

Before Duo could ask what she meant, Hilde turned so that he could see her tattoo that was only partially covered by the spaghetti strap of her top. Hide glanced over her shoulder to find that Duo was indeed puzzled. The guys of his gang were also puzzled.

"I don't see how a tattoo is such a big change," the onyx eyed driver said, his voice dripping with contempt. "Sure it is a big accomplishment for a onua."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" Sally asked.

"It means that women are weak." He replied confidently.

All of the girls' jaws dropped. They had never heard anything so chauvinistic in their lives. Sally was the first to recover and started towards the guy. This in turn snapped Hilde out of her own stupider. Knowing that things could not end well if Sally got to the guy, Hilde tried to stop her.

"Get the hell out of my way, Hilde. This guy needs to be taught some manners." Sally told Hilde as she struggled against her.

"Who's gonna teach me?" the driver taunted. "You?"

Hilde shot the guy a glare as she held her friend back. Looking over Sally's shoulder she jerked her head to the girls standing back there. Once Natalie and Dorothy had a hold of Sally, Hilde stepped back so she could look Sally in the eye.

"He don't know shit so don't pay him any attention." Hilde told her. "He's not worth it."

"He fucken insulted us!" Sally said. "He fucked insulted the Angels. And on our turf too!"

"Don't worry about it, Sally." Hilde replied. "He's just a stupid Demon. We'll get them back for it no worries."

"Why the fuck do you care if we may have insulted the so called 'Angels'? And how the fuck do you know we're Demon's?" the boxer demanded.

Hilde turned around to confront the guys standing there. She wasn't surprised to see Duo trying to put everything together in his head. But right now Duo is the least of your problems, she reminded herself.

"If males are so bloody superior, why the hell haven't you figured it out." Cathy challenged. "We're just stupid weak women, remember."

"Yeah," Natalie agreed. "But if you really want to us to enlighten you we could do that, I guess."

"The answer to your second question is that we like to be able to pick out gang members in a crowd." Dorothy started to explain. "It's a good talent especially when you're in that gang's territory and you have a bad habit of lipping off."

"The answer to your first question," Hilde began, letting her eyes roam over the Demons in front of her until they landed on Duo, "is that any gang member would care if someone insulted their gang."

This announcement caused a bit of a stir amongst the Demons, but Hilde was only watching Duo. It looked like you could have pushed him over with a feather.

"You're telling us that you lot are Angel's?" Matt said not believing it.

"Yes I am." Hilde answered him but still looking at Duo.

"You went and joined a gang?" Duo asked.

"I told you a lot had changed since you left." Hilde reminded him. "Don't look so shocked. When I first met you, you weren't really gang material either."

Duo opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off as the call of a loon pierced the air. Hilde looked around quickly and saw the principal and a handful of teachers walking towards them.

"As much as we would love to stand here and argues with you, we have to jet," Cathy said as she turned and walked away.

"Catch ya later, Duo." Hilde said and then looked at the tattoo on his upper arm. "Or maybe not."

Duo's POV

Duo stood silently watching Hilde walk away with her friends. She was right, she had changed a lot. Most of the change was for the good. The girl he had known three years ago had grown into a beautiful young woman who set his blood on fire. In all reality it was his own fault that he hadn't seen her in three years. After he had joined the Demons, he hadn't wanted to get her messed up in a gang. He had wanted to protect her so he stayed away.

So much for that idea, he thought sarcastically, she ended up in a gang anyway. And now it'll be impossible to talk to her at all, well maybe I could find a way. It's not like they will be challenging us for members or anything.

"Duo!" a voice shouted at him.

"Huh? What?" Duo said confused.

"Time to go." Wufei said as he climbed behind the wheel of the car.

Duo glanced around and saw all the Demon's scattering. As he scanned the area he saw a bunch of people coming towards them and they looked like teachers.

"Aww, shit." Duo scrambled into the passenger seat of the car.

Duo didn't even get the door all the way closed before Wufei gunned the engine and they were tearing out of the school parking lot. Matt, Tony, and the other guys weren't far behind them in their own car.

"Well that was eventful." Someone said from the back seat.

Duo turned around to look at Nathan, one of the gangs' tougher looking guys. Not that the rest of them weren't though, it's just that they didn't look it. Nathan on the other hand had the build of a boxer and an aura that seemed to keep most people at bay. Duo also glanced briefly at Trowa, who hadn't said anything during the whole encounter with Hilde and her friends. Not that he ever said much anyway. He was more of the silent and deadly type, cause though he may not look tough he was. He also had the agility and speed of a wild cat.

"What was eventful?" Duo asked as he looked at Nathan again.

"That whole thing, man," Nathan told him. "We go to check see what those guys were up to and we meet this chick who won't back down. Who turns out to be an old friend of yours and is in a gang."

"Hey the last time that I saw her she wasn't a part of no gang." Duo stated.

"Whatever, man, I'm just saying that it was definitely something we should all remember. Especially if all of those Angel's are like that."

"Do you really think that we have anything to fear from a bunch of women?" Wufei sneered as he wove his way through traffic making their way back to the house.

"Believe me Fei," Duo began, "if the rest of the Angel's are anything like Hilde, we may have to worry. That chick is a real scrapper."

"Heh, the day that I fear a bunch of women is the day hell freezes over." Wufei told them as he drove alone. "And it's Wufei, Maxwell."

"It's Duo, Fei," replied Duo and then fell silent for the rest of the trip as he thought about all that had happened.

Hilde's POV

Hilde turned around and walked away before Duo could say any thing to her. She knew that what she said had hurt him a little bit, the small twitch at the corner of his left eye had always been a dead give away. Giving her head a mental shake Hilde caught up to her friends and they walked away, heads high shoulders square.

"Man, I'm glad that you guys had the foresight to get someone to stay behind and watch out backs." Hilde said once they were out of earshot.

"That's what's puzzling us, Hilde." Natalie told her. "Cause we were the only ones who came out here."

"Come again." Hilde said shocked.

"I was the one that let out the dove's coo." Cathy spoke up. "I was at the back of the group, there was only the four of us and all the other Angel's are in class."

"So who was it that was impersonating an Angel?" Dorothy wondered.

"That would be me," a voice said.

The five Angel's turned around to see Relena step out from behind a tree. The Angel's were a bit shocked to see Relena standing there considering the terms on which they had parted. It was Natalie who gathered her wits together first.

"Why'd you warn us?" Natalie wondered.

"Well, even though some of you have been less than nice to me," Relena began looking at Dorothy, then continued glancing at Cathy and Hilde, "others have been ok. Hell, no one likes to get in trouble and it didn't seem like anyone else was gonna warn you lot so I did."

"Well thanks for that." Sally told her.

"No problem." Relena replied casually.

"I want to know how the hell you did that so flawlessly?" Dorothy demanded. "It takes new recruits about two weeks to nail it."

"I've heard it enough today, that I picked it up easy. I'm good at imitating sounds and voices, once I've been around them long enough." Relena shrugged. "Well any way I should get going."

"Relena wait," Hilde called as Relena turned and walked away. "What are you doing after school and tonight?"

"Not a whole lot, why?" Relena answered.

"Well we had been wondering if you wanted to hang out and then go clubbing tonight." Cathy told her.

"Are you sure you want to be seen with a 'prep' like me?" Relena asked pointedly looking at Dorothy.

"OK, so you're not that big of a prep. Happy?" Dorothy said as if it hurt her.

"Not entirely but it will work." Relena told her. "Sure I'll go clubbing with you, but I won't be able to hang out after school cause a couple of my brother's friends are going to be picking me up."

"So? Can't you ditch?" Natalie wondered.

"Afraid I can't. If I did then my brother would tear down half the city looking for me." Relena shook her head. "I swear he's worse then a mother hen sometimes."

"Sounds like." Dorothy muttered. "How are you gonna get out tonight then?"

"He always goes out at night so I'll just leave after he does."

"We'll pick you up." Hilde said. "Just tell us when and where."

"Meet me at this address at 10:30," Relena told them as she scribbled down an address on a paper and handed it to Hilde.

"Is this you're address?" Hilde asked as she read it.

"No it's down the street from my place. If my mother finds out that I'm going out things won't be pretty when I get home." Relena said as she checked her watch. "I'd love to stay here and chat but I gotta go. I guess that I'll see you later."

Before anyone could say anything, Relena turned and walked away. Hilde glanced at all the girls.

"Does anyone get the feeling that there is more here than she's letting on?" Natalie wondered.

"I was just thinking the same thing." Sally told her as she watched Relena walk away.

"I wonder what she's hiding?" Cathy mused.

"We're just gonna have to keep wondering." Hilde spoke up. "If she's not ready to tell us, I don't think that there will be any way in hell to get it out of her. And until she tells us it's not really any of our business."

"She sure knows how to dance out of an awkward situation though." Dorothy admitted.

"What's this?" Hilde pounced. "You actually giving her a complement? You gave a 'prep' a complement?"

"Hey, I give credit where credit is due." Dorothy defended herself. "And besides, if you two are so set on getting her to join us I should at least try and be civil."

"That's big of you, Dorothy." Hilde told her then turned to Sally. "So when are we gonna extend the invite?"

"Let's see how she handles herself tonight and then decide." Sally said after a moment's thought.

"Sounds good."

With that all of the Angel's turned and headed back up to the school to finish out their day's work. All of them wondering what other surprises Relena had for them tucked away in her sleeves.

To Be Continued . . . . . .

AN: that wasn't to bad was it???? R&R