Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Otherlove ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Title: Otherlove



Title: Otherlove
Chapter: 1/1
Pairings: 3x2, 2+3, 3+4
Lyrics/song: Mercedes Lackey
Disclaimers: Disclaimers: Gundam Wing and all characters associated with it is not mine, nor am I making any money from this. This is purely for my personal enjoyment, and the enjoyment of the people who read this. GW is copyright Bandai, Sunrise, etc. I do not own the song, nor the lyrics.
Warnings: Angst, implied yaoi


**I need you as a friend, dear one,
I love you as a brother.**

Duo ran, laughing, as Trowa chased him, threatening him with bodily harm unless he relinquished the bag of chips. Trowa caught up with Duo, tackling the smaller pilot, and they went tumbling to the ground, laughing and wrestling playfully.


**And my body lies beside you
While my heart yearns for another.**

Trowa held Duo tightly against him, taking his time in pleasuring the American boy as he savored every caress, but his thoughts were with a certain blond-haired Arabian boy, and in his heart he wished it was not Duo, but Quatre he held.


**I wonder if you understand,
Beneath your careless guise.
I seem to sense uneasiness
When looking in your eyes.**

Trowa watched Quatre with hungry eyes, yearning to hold the small pilot, and caught a slight movement out of the corner of his eye. Turning, he met the blue-violet gaze of Duo. The American boy grinned cheerily, then winked suggestively at him, but Trowa saw the uneasy pain in Duo's eyes before he turned to greet Heero, who looked darkly at Trowa. Trowa wondered if Duo understood his love for both he and Quatre, and how much they differed.


**I need your help, my friend,
And I had sworn to stand alone.
How foolish were the walls I made,
My present plight has shown.**

Trowa walked away from Quatre once again, cursing this cowardly inability to tell the blond angel how he felt, and sought out Duo. He'd sworn long ago that he would never need another person in his life, but now the walls he had built around his heart were not the walls of protection and sanctuary they had once been, but the looming, imposing walls of a prison he couldn't escape from. He needed the words that came so easily to his Shinigami lover to help tear them down enough so that he might tell Quatre his feelings, and persuade the Arabian beauty to help him tear down the remaining walls.


**But don't mistake my need for love,
However strong it seems,
For while I lie beside you
Someone else is in my dreams.**

Trowa looked away from Duo's face as they climaxed together, blocking out the sound of Duo's voice telling him that Duo loved him. Trowa wanted love, yes, even needed it, but he could never be content with it from Duo. He lay awake a long time after Duo had slipped into peaceful dreams, his thoughts filled with visions of Quatre, beautiful Quatre, and Trowa wished he didn't have to hurt Duo with his need for the Arabian boy.


**I wish that I could know your thoughts;
I only sense your pain.
Unease behind the smile you wear;
A haunted, sad refrain.**

Duo looked away as Trowa entered the room, all but radiating pain. Heero glared at him, and Trowa placed a hand on Duo's shoulder, ignoring Heero's look. The self-named Shinigami smiled up at him, but it was strained, and Trowa could see the haunted sadness in his eyes before Duo turned back to he and Heero's game of cards.


**I would not be the cause of grief,
I've often told you so,
But there's a place within my heart
Where your love cannot go.**

Trowa held Duo, kissing him gently, telling him that he need not stay if Trowa was causing him grief, repeating what he said each night, and each night Duo stayed, and each night Trowa let him, never able to tell him no, yet never able to let Duo completely into his heart, into the space where his unrequited love for Quatre lurked.