Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I have the plot and a few original characters. That's it. Other than that....I have nothing else in my possession.

Rating: R.........and I know it'll go higher.

Pairings: Uh...future 3x5 I'm leaning towards.

Author's Note: Another chapter. That is all.

------------------------------

It had been three days since his father's death and three days since he had nightly visits by Duo high on marijuana. That meant three nights of beatings. Duo had to put the blame of his father's death on someone and it was predictable that Wufei would have to unwillingly take it. Three nights; four if you counted tonight. However unlike the other nights, Wufei wasn't knocked into unconsciousness. He didn't wake up to find himself lying in his bed with a pain in his side. Duo had finally broken something. Guess he didn't think the bat was a bit much. Groggily looking around, Wufei pulled himself into a sitting position, wincing as pain shot through him. If he could manage to sit up this easily, his ribs couldn't have been broken. Looking down at his side, he saw the sickly looking bruise, making him turn away in disgust. Just as his luck would have it, he found himself looking at his brother who stood against the wall by the door. He only stared back, he didn't talk to him. He had nothing to say.

"You're lucky it's not broken."

Turning away as his brother spoke, Wufei forced himself to stand up, reaching for a shirt that draped over the headboard of his bed. Not even to bothering to look up, he painfully pulled on his shirt, walking past his brother. Or at least trying to, but Duo had stopped him, grabbing him roughly by the arm.

"Let's get one thing straight.", he said forcing the ebony haired boy to look up at him, "Dad's not here because of you and since that means I'm in charge, you had better drop this fucking attitude. I'll beat the bloody shit of you if you do other wise. Do I make myself clear?"

Black pools stared back at his brother's heart faced shape, shoulders shrugging as he jerked his face away out of the rough grip.

"Crystal.", was the only thing murmured, as he tried to walk out of the door.

Duo's hand cut in front of him to stop him once again.

"I just thought you'd know, Heero and I are hungry. We'd really appreciate something to eat."

"Then go to McDonalds or something. I'm not......"

A whimper came from the smaller boy as he felt a hand rip across his face. Now breathing heavily, with hand held against his smarting cheek, Wufei turned to look at his brother who had pure rage written across his face.

"Don't fucking backtalk me!"

Knowing where this was headed, Wufei decided to try and avoid it.

"Duo I wasn't. . ."

He was soon crying out as Duo's fist hit against his side, he fell to the floor in pain, doubling over as he clutched his side. He'd never get away from this would he? Not even getting a chance to speak, Wufei felt as he was dragged on the floor by his hair, being pulled out of the room. To avoid as much pain as he could, he struggled to stand and follow Duo with as little resistance as he could. They finally reached the stairs and he was pushed towards it, causing him to grab onto the railing to stop him from falling.

"You little bitch, get in the fucking kitchen and do something fucking useful!", Duo yelled pushing the boy down the stairs and into the kitchen, "I told you to drop your fucking attitude or else. When I come back downstairs your ass had better done what I told you to."

Hearing Duo storm off, Wufei shakily made his way towards the fridge, stopping halfway and grabbing his throbbing side. He fell to his knees, sobbing as pain coursed through his entire body. It would never end. He'll always have this pain. This curse. This piece of shit life. It was fate. . . some fate. Struggling to stand, he decided to actually do as Duo wanted. No sense in making him angrier, he didn't need his ribs actually becoming broken.

------------------------------

"So you're moving?"

Wufei looked up into blue eyes and a wave of guilt and regret ran over him. He knew it would happen and he should have let her know. But now. . .

"I'll miss you, Fei."

Sally had been his best friend since kindergarten and now he was being taken away from her.

"What's there to miss?", he asked turning away, eyes scanning over the green lawn of the high school’s front yard.

"There's plenty to miss. Your dry sense of humor, your crude remarks, and that comes as a surprise to me. But Wufei, most of all I'll miss my friend."

Feeling her move closer to him, Wufei looked down to the grass, watching as it trembled in the breeze. He hated goodbyes. He didn't want them to happen in the first place.

"Promise you'll call me when you get settled."

Nodding, Wufei looked up to see Sally already walking away. He didn't want to be alone just yet. He stood to follow after her, desperation powering his steps.

"Sally!"

She stopped, wiping away her tears before turning to look into ebony eyes she had fallen for. Wufei walked closer, matching her gaze. His hand reached out to grab hers, turning it over and placing a jade figurine of a dragon in her palm. Her birthday was coming soon, but he wouldn't be here for it. He figured he'd give it to her now.

"I'll miss you, too.", he admitted, closing her fingers around the gift.

Looking down at her hand in near disbelief, Sally gave out a laugh before wrapping her arms around the boy's neck. Wufei returned the hug, holding back tears as he held onto the only friend he had. He knew that once he let go, he wouldn't get to even see her afterwards. Eventually, all things come to an end. He reluctantly pulled away to say one last good bye, watching as she walked off. When she had finally disappeared, he went his separate way.

"New York City.", he said out loud, "Of all the places for us to go. Well, good bye

------------------------------

"So this is York CityDuo asked his friend, staring out of the window at the tall towers that made up the city.

Giving a scoff, Heero took a quick glance to his braided companion.

"Yeah. This is it. Don't fall in love with the city just yet . . .you're not headed there."

Looking away from the window and at the man next to him in confusion, Duo sighed.

"Then where are we going?"

"

He rolled his eyes as he flopped back in his seat, turning on the radio to ease his boredom that had started to grow.

"Don't worry.", Heero reassured, "You'll like it."

Chancing a glance in the review mirror, he stared at the exotic boy who sat quietly in the back seat. His mind traveling to forbidden thoughts, Heero licked his lips with his eyes filling with obvious lust. Wufei who had been staring uninterestingly out of the window finally turned, catching site of Heero's eyes on him in the rearview mirror. Wufei's glare only enticed Heero to offer him a smirk before his eyes were once again on the road. He'd have his chance with Wufei sooner or later.

"So . . .what particular part of are we headed to?"

Duo's voice drew him from a very erotic fantasy of him and his friend's younger brother. Slightly growling in frustration, he turned to look into violet eyes.

"JamaicaOn your salary Duo, that's all you could afford. It's a good neighborhood. Better than the one you lived in. You'll like it there."

Wufei turned to look out the window again, scoffing at the Japanese man's words.

"I doubt it.", he muttered, watching as he drew farther away from the city of

Well, he could always visit it.

------------------------------

"Welcome to your new home.", Heero said dropping the luggage onto the sidewalk in front of the gray and white painted house.

The paint was chipping and the roofing was falling apart. As far as it went it was suitable for living. However, that's not to say that a better house couldn't have been found.

"Well?", he asked turning back to the two that stared up at the house.

"It's-"

"A load of shit.", Duo said cutting Wufei off, "Heero you know you could have found something better for us. Let's just get our shit inside; I wanna get this over with."

Walking past the Japanese man, Duo continued towards the house making his way up the three cracked steps and into the door. He turned his attention to Wufei, who looked around the rest of the neighborhood and Heero walked over to him. With a hand resting on the boy's shoulder, he brought himself as close as he could to him without actually touching him.

"Come on. You don't want to get Duo angry."

Shuddering as he felt Heero's hand touch his shoulder, Wufei quickly made his way to the house, trying to put as much distance between him and the Japanese man. He looked around as he stepped inside. Well at least the inside looked better than the outside. The furniture had reached before them, meaning he had a room to go hide away in. Starting up the stairs, he was stopped by his brother's voice.

"Where are you going?"

"To my room.", he answered, looking down to where Duo stood glaring.

"Remember you have dinner to make. And afterwards you'd better get your ass to bed. You start school tomorrow."

Nodding, Wufei made the rest of his way to his room, checking about two others before finally reaching his. He slammed the door behind him, walking over to his bed and throwing himself onto it.

"I hate it here already."

------------------------------

"Okay class. Today we have a new student. He came to us all the way from . He's new and a bit shy, so I expect you guys to respect him and treat him as a fellow student."

Turning to the boy as he stared back at the faces of the other students, the teacher cleared his throat.

"Would you like to tell us your name and a little bit about you?"

Wufei shrugged before turning to face the class.

"My name is Chang Wufei. I moved here from

With his introduction done with, Wufei went to find a seat but was halted by the teacher's voice.

"Does anyone have any questions for Wufei?"

Watching as a boy raised his hand, Wufei sighed in annoyance. This was going to be a long day.

"Yes?"

"You're Chinese right?", the boy inquired.

"I'm half Chinese. My father was Irish.", Wufei was explaining.

"So, why do you have a Chinese last name?"

"It's my mother's name. I took it after her death. No I don't know karate. That's Japanese not Chinese. Yes I do eat with chopsticks, occasionally. And no, I'm not related to Jackie Chan. There's a difference between the names Chang and Chan. Are there anymore questions?"

Staring at the suddenly silenced room, Wufei turned to his teacher.

"My seat?", he asked, making the teacher point at a desk in the middle row.

He nodded his thanks before making his way to his seat. Once seated, he tried his best to pay attention to whatever lesson the teacher had decided to return to.

------------------------------

Wufei sat on the bleachers of his gym class, eyes staring down at the book in front of him instead of the basketball game that everyone else was either playing or observing.

"Hey watch out!"

Looking up from his book, caramel hands caught the basketball that was directed to his head. He growled in annoyance as he stared down at the offending ball, but caught interest as his eyes rose to meet a shirtless boy heading in his direction.

"Sorry about that. Can you pass the ball?"

Ebony eyes glared up at the boy, who stood with his hands in waiting for the ball to be thrown at him.

"What, no English?", the boy asked staring down at Wufei who still glared back at him, "Um. . . ball. Give. . . me. . . the. . . ball."

He spoke slowly while pointing at the ball, motioning in an attempt of sign language. He smiled as he saw Wufei hold it out. However, as he reached out for it his smile was lost as Wufei dropped it before he could even take it. He kept his gaze on the sloe-eyed boy as he bent to retrieve it, allowing his eyes the pleasure of running over Wufei while it had the opportunity.

"Hey, Trowa! Let's go! We have a game to finish here!"

Turning to walk away, Trowa looked back at the boy, smiling at him before running to catch up with his friends and continue his game. Wufei lifted an eyebrow, watching as the boy continued to play. Well at least he'll get something good out of coming to school everyday. Maybe he'll have other classes with this guy. He sure hoped so.

------------------------------

The first day of school was over.

"Thank the gods.", Wufei muttered pushing his way past students, out of the school's front entrance.

He had to go through the same crap for each class. The same questions and remarks from assholes that tried too hard to be funny. Walking out of the front gate, he caught site of Duo's car. That made him lose whatever emotion of happiness he had left. Slowly starting to drag himself towards it, he stopped as he heard someone yelling from behind him.

"Hey you! New kid!"

Sighing, Wufei turned to find the boy from gym running towards him. Maybe it was because he didn't care to notice in gym, but he found himself staring in interest at the weird hairstyle that the boy sported. As he reached the boy, Trowa stopped to stare into ebony eyes, nearly forgetting why he was running the boy down to begin with. Wufei nearly grew impatient with the boy's hesitation, as well as scared. Duo didn't like to wait too long.

"What?", he finally asked, Trowa snapping out of his trance.

With a laugh of embarrassment, Trowa handed Wufei the book he was reading in the gym.

"You left this behind in the cafeteria. I came to give it back."

Taking the book, Wufei looked up into Trowa's eyes. Green eyes, he noticed. He loved green eyes.

"Thank you.", he somewhat whispered, "I....."

"Wufei move you're fucking ass and let's go!" He looked back to find Duo standing outside of the car glaring at him. He looked back to Trowa, smiling almost apologetically.

"I have to go.", he told the boy, who just smiled down at him.

"Trowa let's go! Mami's not gonna wait!", a female voice called from behind the taller boy.

Nodding he looked over Wufei's shoulder at the braided man who now stood against the car smoking a cigarette. At least he thought it was a cigarette.

"I'll see you around.", he said starting to walk away, "Nice to meet you, Wufei."

Watching the boy jog off, Wufei turned walking toward his brother.

"Nice to meet you too, Trowa."

Okay, so maybe his new school wasn't all that bad.

"What the fuck took you so long?", Duo asked watching the sloe-eyed boy climb into the car and following suit.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, well the next time your ass had better just keep walking.”, Duo said throwing the remains of his joint out of the window, "I don't have time for you to be a fucking cock tease with a hormonally frustrated asshole."

He started the car and put it into drive, speeding off without giving Wufei a chance to respond.

-----------------------------

"What was school like?"

Looking up at the man who refused to return back home, Wufei shrugged.

"It sucked, like always."

Turning back to his dinner, Wufei pushed it around his plate. He had lost his hunger as soon as he heard that Heero would be joining them. Again.

"Heero, let's go upstairs.", Duo mumbled, standing from the table.

"No. Go without me."

Duo glared down at Heero at the words.

"No. You come with Duo slurred.

It would seem that he had inherited his father's drinking habits. Great. Now Duo could be high, drunk and pissed all in one. What fun. Feeling eyes on him, Wufei kept his head lowered. He didn't have to guess whose they were. He already knew.

"Heero please.", Duo begged, almost sobbed.

Wufei looked up to gaze into his brother's violet eyes. He saw the unshed tears. His brother had been down memory lane again. Or was still there by the way he was behaving. He guessed that getting high and then drunk on top of that wasn't enough to cloud his brother's memories. He needed Heero's touch too. He wouldn't mind Heero leaving; the man was starting to make him feel dirty again. What the hell was so interesting about him that Heero insisted on staring?

"Duo I don't want. . . "

"Fuck off!", Duo cried slumping back into his seat.

Although they were strange words to have memories by, Wufei found that his brother had sounded like his father. He remembered his father always telling his mother that. Duo had said it exactly like him. Same Irish accent and all; only Duo's wasn't as strong. Wufei was brought out of his thoughts by the sight of his own brother trying to seduce Heero. It was bad enough he had to listen to it at night when Duo didn't care to blast his music, now he had to sit here and watch them start? Hell no. Standing, he picked up his plate throwing its contents down the garbage disposal.

"I'm going to my room.", he said with out looking back.

He needed to get his mind away from everything. Sally. Maybe she was home

When he reached his room, he headed over to the nightstand, lifting the phone off of the hook. The last time he had called Sally was before he left. He had promised to call her when he had gotten settled. He suddenly stopped to ask himself; was he settled? The sound of Duo's door slamming closed made him jump and he groaned.

"Please turn on your music.", Wufei silently begged, listening for the comforting blaring of Duo's stereo system.

However, his plea was of no use. Sighing in disgust as he started to hear the sounds of Duo's bed next door start to hit against the wall, as well as his brother's vocalization, Wufei walked over to his own radio. Placing in a CD, he raised the volume to maximum before returning to his bed, face buried into his pillow. The sounds next door seemed to only become louder, as if to surpass the music that blared from his radio. He needed to block it out; block everything thing out. Clenching his eyes shut he began to sing. The same song his mother taught him to sing when he was down; when he felt like escaping. So that's what he'd use it for tonight. Escape. He continued singing until he fell asleep, his CD player having automatically lowering its volume. But even in sleep Wufei couldn't escape, of course memories liked to return in dreams. Or even worse nightmares.

------------------------------

Walking out of Duo's bedroom, Heero made his way to the bathroom, only glancing in Wufei's room as he passed. The boy was asleep and he looked very tempting. Sighing as he reached the bathroom, he stopped in the doorway hearing a groan coming from the boy's room. Curious as to what was going on, he turned back stopping in the doorway. He stared into the room, at the lone figure on the bed. His caught sound of a whimper and what he believed he heard as 'Daddy stop'. So, he was having nightmares. Well wasn't this just grand? Smirking to himself, Heero watched as the sloe-eyed boy started to turn restlessly in his sleep, whimpering and occasionally begging a father that no longer was alive to yield.

The boy's pleading grew louder and Heero found himself staring intently at the young body. He found himself imagining the lithe form of the boy writhing underneath him, yelling in ecstasy as he. . . a sob from Wufei brought Heero crashing from his erotic thoughts. He now found himself sporting an arousal which made him growl in frustration. Maybe this was the best opportunity to try and get what he wanted. Moving farther back into the shadows, Heero continued to watch as the boy inside still lashed around in his bed.

"Baba!", Wufei yelled jumping up from his sleep, sitting straight up in the bed.

Panting, he looked around noticing he was in his room, the lights somehow off. He went cold, the sweat from his skin causing his clothes to uncomfortably cling to him. He didn't care, he was just happy to be awake. He had found himself dreaming of his father's death again, reminding him that he was alone. Drawing his knees up, he clung to them, burying his face as he started to sob as quietly as he could. He didn't want to wake Duo up. Who knew what he'd get then. The creak of the floorboards brought the attention widened eboy eyes in the door's direction.

'Please don't let it be Duo.', Wufei begged in his head.

Reaching for the night stand, he turned on the small table lamp located there. Goosebumps covered his skin as the light revealed who was lurking within the darkness. Heero was standing a few feet from his bed. This was much worse than Duo.

"Go away.", Wufei told him, turning back to rest his chin on his knees.

He found himself staring at the wall ahead of him, just praying that Heero would listen to him for once. Of course this was Heero after all. The bed creaked and Wufei felt his muscles tense, not knowing what to expect next.

"I heard you crying.", Heero said, making Wufei turn to look back at him, "Wanna talk about it?"

Shaking his head Wufei went to turn his head but felt it stop, finding himself looking into colbat eyes.

"I'm sure it'll help.", Heero said wiping away the remains of tears from Wufei's face.

Okay. Heero wanted to help so he'd give him a chance. He'd just have to ignore the gut feeling that told him to run and he'd speak to the man that made him feel like a shamed whore. He turned to fully face the Japanese man, crossing his legs in front of him and lowering his eyes from a piercing gaze.

"Do you miss him?", Heero asked, knowing Wufei wouldn't be the one to start.

"What do you think?", Wufei snapped, never looking up.

"Okay. I'll take that as a yes. You really loved him huh?"

"Supposedly."

"Not exactly the answer I expected.", Heero retorted.

"What did you expect?", Wufei snapped, glaring up at the colbat eyed man.

"I don't know. Maybe a yes or a no."

"Yes.", the boy provided, lowering his eyes once again.

"As much as you loved your mother?"

Feeling his throat tighten Wufei watched as the pattern of the blanket began to blur.

"How did she die?"

"So you're not gonna tell me?", Heero pushed, willing to learn the secret he was never permitted to know.

"Didn't Duo do that already?", Wufei countered, his voice cracking.

Damn it. He choked and he knew Heero had heard. He felt when the boy moved closer.

"No. He just told me that she died."

Should he tell? The question ran through the boy's mind. He didn't know what he should do. Heero had decided to open healing wounds and Wufei found himself wanting to tell somebody.

"She killed herself.", Wufei sobbed, his hands clenching into fist, "I guess she couldn't take it anymore. She took her life instead of waiting for it to end on its own."

He was now resting against Heero's chest, his finger's curled tightly around the fabric of the man's undershirt.

"Why did she leave me, Heero?", he sobbed into the man's chest, not even caring how stupid he must have looked, "Why did she leave me alone?"

"It's okay, Wufei.", Heero soothed pulling the boy tighter to him, "She didn't mean it. I'm sure."

Continuing to soothe the boy, Heero finally got him calm, now just close against him. He ran a hand over the loose ebony locks of Wufei's hair before burying his nose inside of the silken strands, sniffing the scent of the boy that made him grow harder then he already was. The boy of his fantasies was in his arms and yet, he couldn't go too fast. Couldn't quite yet undress the boy, lay him on the bed and take him as hard and fast as he wanted to.

"This is torture.", Heero whispered unknowingly, burying his face deeper into the ebony strands.

"What's torture?"

Eyes widening at the question, he realized he had said it out loud. Looking down into ebony eyes that stared up at him, he looked over the face, stopping on the boy's lips. He wanted to touch those lips; touch his own to them, and watch as cries made their way from them. Have them wrapped around his. . .

"What's torture?", Wufei asked again, breaking Heero's trance.

Heero only brought Wufei closer to his chest, trying his best to come up with an answer.

"What you have to go through is torture.", he finally said, clinging tighter to the boy.

He swore he could feel Wufei's skin through the boy's clothes.

"Oh.", Wufei said feeling Heero cling tighter to him.

Now that he wasn't crying anymore, he found himself starting to feel uncomfortable once again. His heart began beating in panic as Heero's arms took to wrapping around his waist. Maybe he was just jumping to conclusions too quickly? He was pulled closer yet again and his eyes widened it happened. That was not what he thought he felt.

T.B.C.

Well I hope that chapter doesn't suck. And sorry about the moving thing, but he had to meet Trowa somehow and. . . yeah I know; a cliffhanger. I need reviews to keep me going people, so let's keep them coming.