Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Paint it Black ❯ So cold ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

'Dear God, I know you hate me but please...

Cold, wet, deathly still and crimson. Is that all I can remember about him, how pathetic. He deserved so much more than that, maybe than me? No, I know I don't deserve him but neither does she. Because I am lonely, she had said to me like that would make a difference. You can't cure loneliness with death, I should know, I've tried and failed, but soon I will join him in death and I won't be lonely anymore. I just need a little more time to finish this.'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The dark haired wanderer shoved his pack farther up his shoulder and tightened his beige scarves around his neck and face. It was cold as death in and around the ice kingdoms so he never bothered to travel to deep but today he was heading straight through the heart of it. His boots, which were laced all the way up to his knees, sank down in the deep, deep snow. Slanting one eye against the ice and snow he scanned the horizon, his eye widening for a moment as he spotted something barely moving, laying in the deep snow.

At first he wanted to ignore it, maybe even go around it but if it was a wounded animal he could kill it easily and have some supplies for a little while. Slowly, he withdrew his hunting knife from beneath the folds of his clothes and moved stealthily through the deep snow. His clothes gave him some coverage because they allowed him to blend in with the snowy landscape. Just a bit further and he'd have a decent dinner tonight, hopefully not a frozen one.

When he was close enough he made his move; pouncing swiftly on his target he went straight for the kill, when facing a wild animal, even a wounded one, you could not play around. Playing could get you killed. But what he saw made him stop dead in his tracks. The lump in the snow was not an animal at all but a person, a scantily clad person at that.
`What the hell is he doing out here in the snow in the heart of the ice queen's domain? Wait is that blood I see?' He thought to himself as he knelt down next to the body and rolled it over so it was face up.

"Perhaps the Ice Queen is already on alert for trespassers in this area," He huffed out loud as he checked the nearly hypothermic boy for a pulse. `He's still alive should just leave him or kill him. I shouldn't get involved it's the last thing I need' He thought as he hefted the boy up and over his shoulder after putting his knife away.
He didn't know why he felt the urge to protect this dying boy but he carried him away from his snowy coffin and warmed him with his own body when he set his tent for the night.

Slowly, after much nursing and warming the boy awoke. "Heero?"

"Hero? Are you looking for a hero, to help you with something? Well there's no hero here. I just picked you up, after you're well you go your way and I'll go mine." He said as he moved to the other side as far away from the boy as he could.

"heero *chatter* don't go, don't leave me. *chatter* don't heero be lonely to" The boy said between chattering teeth.

"Was that what you were doing out there in the cold? Did this Heero guy desert you? You should just forget about him."

"No no *chatter* don't want to go don't want to *chatter* leave don't und'r stand" *chatter* The boy said in a slightly slurred tone as a tear slipped down his cheek.

"Don't, don't start crying," he said as he got up and moved back over to the boy. Why did this affect him so much? Why did he care if this boy cried? Why did it hurt him to watch it go on? Moving closer he slipped into the furs with the boy and wrapped his arms around him.

"Sleep, you are safe"
"Heero"

"I'm not Heero, my name is Trowa."

"Heero?"

Trowa sighed, "Go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning."