Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Painting the Desert ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Duo's plane crashes in the desert, and he is rescued by Quatre and taken back to the lust Winner Estate. What will happen when these two boys realize they have feelings for each other? 2+4+2, AU, shonen ai. Please R&R! Thanks!

Author's notes: Okay, this is the first fanfic I ever wrote. I figured I might as well post it. It's not my best work, by far, but I think it has its merits. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Warnings: This story contains shonen ai or boys loving each other. If you don't like it then don't read it.

Disclaimer: Do I own Gundam Wing? No. I also don't own Moulin Rouge.

Painting the Desert

The Rescue

Duo Maxwell was hot. Well, that's the understatement of the century, right next to Hitler was mean, and Barbara Streisand has a big nose. Duo Maxwell was about to strip all of his clothes off and jump into a cool pool. But there was one problem, he was in the middle of the desert. He glanced up at the sky, not a cloud in site, and he licked his dry lips with what little moisture remained on his tongue. In spite of all this he had to laugh, after all, once you got around the fact that he was stranded in the middle of endless sand dunes, and death was almost a certainty, the whole situation was pretty funny. Or maybe the sun was getting to him.

How exactly did he get in this situation? That was the one thought that kept running through his head, besides man could I use some water. It was a long and somewhat interesting story, but it won't be discussed here. Instead we will focus on his rescue, which came not a second to soon.

Quatre Winner was flying his private airplane rather low that morning, not for any particular reason, but it helped him find Duo quite easily. Considering the crashed air craft and the person in black sitting next to it were much easier to spot. He circled a few times, trying to determine if he was going to rescue someone or identify a body. He was pleased it was the former when the guy stood up and waved at him.

At first, Duo didn't notice the craft circling above him. He disregarded it as some large scavenger bird. But when he did his spirits lifted immensely and he began to wave franticly at the plane. It came in for a landing and he ran up to it trying to contain his excitement. As he did he lost control of his footing, unruly as sand dunes tend to be, and fell flat on his face. This, with the shock of everything else that had occurred that day, rendered him unconscious.

Quatre watched the eager boy running up to his plane and smiled, at least he's in good enough condition to run. That is when he fell into the sand dune and didn't get up. Quatre felt his heart sink and ran out to aid him.

* * *

Quatre had saved the young man from certain death, and brought him back to his home, the massive Winner Estate. It sat in an oasis in a small valley, and consisted of a dozen or so different buildings including stables, green houses, and a pool house. Despite his extravagant surroundings Quatre was a very simple and kindhearted youth. He had gone to extreme measures to make sure the boy he rescued was well taken care of, including calling the family physician from some very important work in Cairo. But as he watched the boy sleep, his brown braid dangling lazily off the bed, he knew in his heart this unknown young man was worth it.

Duo felt warm, and something soft beneath him. Wow, I never knew sand could be this comfortable, he thought and rolled on his side. He slowly began to open his eyes and take in his surroundings. A room. I'm not in the desert anymore, he realized, and took in a deep breath of air conditioned air. He sat up and noticed an unopened bottle of water next to him. It looked like gold to his thirsty eyes, and he greedily drank it down.

Quatre was leisurely walking down the hall to check in on his guest. He hoped the boy would wake up soon as he was very interested in speaking with someone his own age. The Winner Estate, although the home to many, was severely lacking in any other teenagers besides the heir himself. He peeked into the room and to his surprise the boy was inhaling the bottle of water Quatre had left for him. He smiled and waited for the boy to finish.

After Duo had quenched his thirst he tossed the bottle down and followed with an appropriately placed, "ahhhh." Then he looked up at the boy who was standing in the doorway. He stared for a moment, because this boy needed that kind of attention. He was beautiful, but unearthly all at the same time. Pale skin, toped with blond hair so light it was almost white. He seemed to be light its self. When Duo finally regained his composure he said, "well, I must have died and gone to heaven because you look like an angel." The other boys cheeks reddened considerably, and Duo's followed suit when he realized how much like a pick up line his comment sounded.

"I'm Quatre Winner. I found you a few days ago in the desert, and brought you back to my home. I would have taken you to a hospital, but the closest one that is descent is a few hundred miles away. I hope you don't mind." The other boy watched him as he spoke, the blush slowly fading from his cheeks.

"Not one bit, after all, you did save my life. I'm Duo Maxwell, by the way." Duo went to get up and shake Quatre's hand, but the sheets had a different idea. They held onto his legs and instead of standing up, Duo fell flat on the floor. Quatre rushed over and offered him a hand. Duo took his hand and smiled.