Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Palpitations of the Heart ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
AN: Hey everyone! This is our latest endeavor. I am currently writing this with my friend, Heather. Um... we are pretty convinced that Heero is a girl, and because of that, this story was born! We hope you like it and review!
p.s. We have multiple cameos throughout the story; try to find them!

'text' indicates thought.
"text" indicates speech.

Palpitations of the Heart
by Miyoko and Heather

Chapter One

Heero lived with her father. Her mother died giving birth to her, and her father always wanted a boy. Odin Lowe Yuy had his “son" home schooled until "he" was old enough to be in high school. Odin sent Heero to the Veit-Horn Academy for Boys located in Germany.

She arrived at the school dressed as a boy, much to her dismay. Locating her room, she found that although she had applied for a single room, she had to share it with a roommate. When she arrived her roommate wasn't there, but signs of him were. His stuff was thrown all over the second bed and what was now apparently his side of the room. Heero managed to make her way over to her side of the room. She unpacked her things and put them away neatly in the tiny closet she was given. Right as she closed the closet door, her roommate entered the room.

"Hi, I'm Duo Maxwell. I guess you're my roommate now!" he said cheerfully. Heero rewarded him with a glare. "Well, excuse me for being nice!"

"Sorry, I'm just having a really bad day." Heero replied remembering to make her voice sound deep and masculine. "I'm Heero Yuy."

"Nice to meet you!" Duo exclaimed, shaking “his" hand over enthusiastically.

"Uh, nice to meet you too. I think." Heero replied.

A month later, Heero was settling in well. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Specifically, that time right before that time of the month. Heero locked herself in their room one weekend and wouldn't let Duo in for anything.

"Heero, let me in." Duo commanded.

"No."

"LET ME IN DAMMIT!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY!" Heero screamed.

"......." Duo stared at the door confused. "Heero, you sound like a girl..."

"I'M NOT A GIRL!"

"...with PMS."

Silence answered him. Quatre, a friend of Heero and Duo's, happened to be walking by and heard the entire exchange. 'Heero sounds like my sisters when it's their time of the month,' Quatre mused. “Duo, you can room with me if Heero won't let you in," Quatre suggested.

"Thanks!" Duo exclaimed. "Okay, Heero, just let me in so I can get some stuff."

"No. Borrow Quatre's stuff." Heero replied.

"No, I don't want to wear pink. No offense, Q."

"None taken," Quatre said calmly.

Heero quickly grabbed some of Duo's clothes and stuffed them in a duffel bag. She then opened the door, threw them out, and slammed the door shut before Duo realized what had happened. Duo hugged his stomach where the duffel bag had hit him.

"Ouch, that hurt!" Duo exclaimed.

"Ok, you have your clothes. Now go away!"

"Now what is your problem, seriously?!"

"Just leave him alone Duo. You obviously did something wrong. I have to talk to Trowa about something. I'll just meet you back at my room," Quatre said then walked away down the hall.

"Ok." Duo replied before walking in the opposite direction.

Listening through the door, Heero sighed in relief when she heard Duo walk away. "I need to get out of here," she muttered to herself. Going into her tiny closet, she grabbed a box she had hidden. Opening it up, she pulled out a dress. She put it on, and dug through the box once more. Finding her makeup, Heero put it on. She also clipped her hair back so no one would recognize her. Finally ready, she climbed out the window and into the night.

Meanwhile, Duo decided to go clubbing. He managed to convince Quatre and Trowa to come with him. When they arrived, Duo immediately headed for the bar. Quatre looked around and noticed his friend Wufei talking to his girlfriend Meiran who was with another girl. Not having anything better to do, walked over there and began chatting.

Heero entered the club and looked around. Not seeing anyone she knew, Heero sighed in relief. She walked to the bar to get something to drink. Duo noticed a pretty girl come up beside him.

"Hey Beautiful! You look really familiar," Duo slurred. Heero looked over and swore mentally, 'Oh shit! It's Duo. Wow! He looks really good! Stop thinking like that!'

"Well I've never met you before," Heero lied.

"Are you sure? Because I'm almost positive we have," Duo said looking closer.

"Yeah, I've never seen you before in my life,"

"Ok, then. Would you like to dance?" Before she could reply she found herself being pulled onto the dance floor.

Quatre looked over and saw Duo dancing with someone. So, wanting to get a closer look at who Duo was dancing with he asked the girl, Stephanie, to dance. When he saw the girl he gasped.

"I was right!" Quatre exclaimed.

"What?!" Stephanie asked giving him a weird look.

"I was right. You are a good dancer," Quatre replied quickly.

"Oh, thank you, I guess."

"So what's your name, beautiful?" Duo asked.

"Hee...Heather!" Heero replied.

"I'm Duo Maxwell. Do you have a brother, because you look really familiar."

"Yeah, yeah I do!"

"Does he go to Veit-Horn Academy?"

"Yeah."

"What's his name?"

"Um... Heero Yuy. Do you know him?"

"Yeah, he's my roommate."

"Really? What are the odds of that?!"

The evening went by quickly and before they knew it, it was 3:00 AM.

"Hey are you doing anything tomorrow night, Heather?" Duo asked.

"Um... No, I don't think so," Heero said.

"Do you want to go to a movie or something?"

"Sure why not. I have to go now. Bye." She kissed him on the cheek before she left. Duo stood there with a dopey grin on his face.

"Wow!"

Ten minutes later, the three boys left after Quatre had asked Stephanie out.

Heero climbed back into her room and fell on her bed and sighed happily. "Yes! I have a date with Duo!" When that sunk in, Heero's eyes widened. "Oh shit! I have a date with Duo!"

AN: We hoped you like it and don't forget to review!!!