Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Past to Future ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Sally parked her car in front of the Preventors apartment complex. After flashing her ID to the security guard at the desk she was requested to sign the logbook before proceeding to the elevator for the top five floors. `Une really hasn't taken any chance with the security here. Looks like she really doesn't want this getting to the public. Not that I blame her. Issues such as this one are considered top priority in public and personal security. I'm extremely surprised the guys still don't know considering their respective hacking skills. Guess Une's finally getting her revenge for that outrageous trick Duo pulled on her two years ago.' Once the elevator stopped on her desired floor Sally entered the voice code requested. An electronic voice stated that her voice code matched and the elevator doors opened. Sally unconsciously readjusted the hold on her workbag and stepped out of the elevator. Smiling softly she made her way to the end of the hall. A large window dominated most of the wall directly at the hall's end giving the gazer a view of the nearby park that stretched for almost a mile. Sally paused outside one of the two apartments that flanked the window. `I wonder how much she has changed since my last visit. She did say she would be painting as soon as possible to get rid of that ugly white, but then very few people care for the color white. I think her exact words were, “the most hideous color God ever created.” Une got a kick out of that when I told her.'
Sally sighed before knocking on the door and waited for acknowledgment to enter. Seconds later the deadbolt slid back with a thunk and she entered the apartment. “I'm in the bedroom Sally!” she heard as she turned to close the door, the deadbolt sliding back automatically. As she made her way through the living room/kitchen she took note of the minor and major changes. Stubble fabric and paint colors heightened the rooms and accented the warm and cozy feel of the wood furniture. The open kitchen cabinets revealed dishes and containers in varying shapes, sizes, and colors. Used dishes were stacked by size on the counter above the dishwasher and a faint hum indicated said appliance was currently in use. Unlit candles and tumbling stones decorated the shelf above the twin sinks and an incense tray hung above the sinks from the ceiling. / Upon entering the bedroom Sally took stock of the slightly smaller mess of clothes, books, boxes, and assorted stuff and junk compared to the week before. Looking around she spotted the occupant of said room near the closet going through the clothes and either tossing or hanging them back up. From the computer early 21st century Country music played randomly and added to the old world feeling of the room. As the teen was busy, Sally took a moment to view the changes the girl had done to turn an empty white room into the perfect hideaway for a 16-year-old girl who had lived almost 800 years earlier1. A maple wood bookcase stood on the far side of the room between the closet and one of the windows. At its base were piles of romance and fiction novels by authors from the early 21st century. On the top few shelves where random objects including colored glass animal figurines and randomly sized, shaped, and colored candles.
In the opposite corner along the wall connecting to the door was a single mid-sized maple corner night table with an altar to the goddess Gaea, the five elements, and the four watchtowers on it. Lavender, chamomile, sage, and ginger incense burned in holders and lightly perfumed the air. Many crystals of varying sizes were placed haphazardly around the incense holders, and the few candles that also burned upon the table. Small to medium creature totems of wooden, gem, and stone were centered in different groupings of the crystals, and candles. On the computer desk in the far corner buckets, baskets, a few small stuffed animals, and more crystals added a splash of color, uniqueness, and personality. A small American flag hung from one corner of the desk with a small aqua dream catcher hanging from one end. The dresser, as with the other wooden pieces in the room, was a seven-drawer warm maple. Already most of the drawers were being filled with clothes.
The walls themselves had been painted a creamy pale green while the ceiling remained the all-purpose white. Posters already lined one wall with more behind the open back of the computer desk. Rugs both large and small where tossed on the floor while throw pillows of varying sizes crowded the full bed along with blankets of many colors and types and regular sleeping pillows in various cases. Light green sheets peaked out from under the many pillows and blankets.
“Like it?” Sally looked up at the question. The teen was leaning against her closet door, which was now closed. A grin told Sally that her visit was welcome. “It's not done that's for sure but it's getting there.”
“It's a lot better than I would have done Emily. You've brought your life with you from the look of it.” Sally crossed to the small altar and picked up one of the crystals before turning to face her. “Clear and milky quartz, different jades, alexandrite, turquoise, rubellite, moonstone, onyx, tiger's eye, bloodstone... heck, if I took the time to name all of them we would have wasted five perfectly good minutes. Should I even ask where you were able to find them?”
“E-bay, a Wicca store in town, here and there in the park,” Emily replied casually as she walked over. Reaching pass Sally she removed a pale green jade heart pendent from on top of a small, onyx panther statue and hung it around her neck. “You'd be surprised at the stuff people ignore in nature's presence. I was also shocked to find that even the Wiccans were ignoring the simplest ways of honoring the Eternal Mother and the Ageless Father2. At least I haven't forgotten. So, was there a reason for this visit or are you just here to check up on me and chat?”
Sally returned the bloodstone she had picked up to it's original position before straightening and at Emily's indication cleared a seat on the bed for herself while said teen opted to clear out the blue mushroom chair she had bought the other day. “Actually I'm here to see how you're faring and to pass on a request from my boss Commander Une of the Preventors.”
“Well as you can see I'm faring quite well considering my unusual case. And I'm going to take a wild guess but this request has something to do with my particular case.”
Sally removed a file from her workbag and handed it to Emily. “This covers the details but as for a quick summary, Commander Une would like for you to join Preventors as a trail basis. You would primarily report to either Her or one of the five agents in the file there. Oh and Emily don't judge them until you have been around them for a while. They all wear a mask or two.”
Emily nodded her head in understanding. It was a common fact of life that people were often completely different than they appeared. She herself had worn masks to keep people from really understanding her. Not even her family and friends had known the person she truly was. It was probably better that way. What others didn't know couldn't be used against her and that was one of her main rules. “Anything else I should know?” She picked up the photos and skimmed through them to get an idea of what kind of masks she would be dealing with. `#1: Workaholic, loner, protective, silent and deadly; #2: prankster, feminine, most likely to flirt and end up in trouble; #3: shy, outcast, silent, probably a mercenary at one point; #4: moneybags, innocent, politician, most likely always gets his way; #5: martial artist, scholar, woman hater, not a person to try to get close to. Lovely. Sounds just like school all over again.'
“Not that I can think of. So what do you think about the guys from their pictures?”
Emily gave Sally a sadistic smile. “Reminds me of high school all over again. I think the six of us will get along just fine Sally cause I can't wait to meet them. One thing though. There is no way in hell I'm wearing the uniform.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
1 Emily was born in 1988. In 2003 something happened and she went into a form of stasis the caused her not to age. In A. E. 198 she was reawakened by the Mad 5 near the end of the original war.
2 The Eternal Mother and the Ageless Father are the goddess Gaea and God the Father. Emily honors both equally as she believes Gaea was created by God to watch over the Earth and it's plants and animals while He watched over the people and judges the souls of the dead.
3