Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ Ghosts and Goblins ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note, I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories, so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I don't any of the characters, except Nova and the villains. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in it. This is a chapter that's about the Senshi and the pilots meeting again. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 15---------- Ghosts and Goblins
By Sailor Celaeno

"Guess what today is?" asked Mina with excitement.
"October 31?" asked Amara matter-of-factly.
"That's Halloween," replied Lita.
"Uh-huh, and that means there are parties!" squealed Mina.
Everyone except Rini shook their heads. "Even after a thousand years, Mina is as bubbly as she was in the 20th century," commented Raye.
"Oh, stop it! Anyways, with a night like this, those Raptures could try to attack. After all, with kids and people dressed up and everything, they could slip in without being noticed."
"You know, Mina has a point there," interjected Amy.
"I guess so. But where are we getting costumes at last minute?" asked Michelle.
"I think I can help with that," said a voice.
"Nova?" They all turned to face Nova.
"I got some invitations from Quatre and Dorothy for Mister Winner's Halloween party. Many important people will be there. Luckily, Quatre and Dorothy are friends of mine, so I can get invitations for the rest of you," Nova entered the living room. The senshi stayed in her mansion and she handed each one an invitation.
"That's great, but about those costumes..." Rini trailed.
"I have this book of costumes. I can get them delivered by five, so you have time to change for the party at 7:30." She laid out a book of costumes for them.
"Say I like this," said Rini. She pointed at one picture.
Amy giggled a little. "How appropriate Rini."
They flipped pages. "Hey! That's a nice costume. I think I'll wear that!" said Hotaru.
"Really? Well luckily we have Diana here. She can go with you," said Amara.
"What?" asked Diana. She looked at the costume Hotaru wanted. "I guess so."
Raye and Mina snickered at another picture. "Can you imagine us dressed up like that?" laughed Mina.
"You know, why not? We look kinda like that. Although SHE is taller than me," replied Raye.
"Are you serious? You want to wear that? Please tell me you're kidding!"
Raye thought about how cool she would look dressed like that, and Mina would be perfect in the other costume. Raye needed some cajoling. "Oh sure Mina. You're just saying that because you know that you don't have the figure to wear that outfit now." Mina's face was turning red. Everyone else was giggling because they realized Raye's plan. "Meanwhile, having two kids has given me the PERFECT figure to wear THAT costume." She pointed at the outfit she wanted.
"FINE! I'll where that one. Just to prove that I have a great figure, worthy of the love goddess!"
Amy saw a picture and smiled. "I like that one. It's not too flashy." Everyone looked also.
"That's nice. You can dance really easily in that," said Raye.
"That's a pretty colored skirt," said Rini.
"I'm glad everyone liked my choice."
"How about these two for us?" pointed Amara.
Michelle took a look and smiled. "Perfect."
"I want this," Lita looked at another picture.
"Wow, Lita. I bet Ken would LOVE to see you wear that," teased Mina.
Lita blushed, "Actually, I was thinking of taking that back with us." Everyone had goofy grins on their faces, which only made her blush more.
"What are you and Trista wearing?" Amy asked Nova.
"Don't worry, you two will see."

"Well, well. Looks like there is going to be a party tonight," sneered Tempest.
"Yes," replied Avatar.
"Hm. You WILL be crashing it won't you?"
"Of course Tempest. There is no doubt about that. In fact it's part of our plan. Agent Une will go separately."
"I see your plan. It is well thought out. Don't underestimate the senshi. They will be back to spoil our plans, so make sure they don't ruin things."
"AH, but on the contrary. There interference will help us."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"You had better NOT fail."

Some of the guests already arrived at the Winner mansion. Quatre was dressed up as an Arabian prince. Dorothy dressed like his princess and greeted the guests with him. He felt a little warm and nervous when he saw how well Dorothy fit into the tight silk costume that she bought. As he let her into the mission before the party started, she teasingly blew into his ear. He quivered with excitement from the cool breeze she gave him. The door opened and he saw Duo and Hilde appear. "Hey Quatre!" called Duo.
"Duo! Wow, nice costume. Who are you two suppose to be?"
"She's Cinderella and I'm Prince Charming." Duo was dressed in a very distinguished, royal blue, ball tux with fake gold cufflinks and tassels. He had black shoes, and wore white gloves. At his arm was Hilde dressed in an ice blue gown, with pale clue chiffon. She wore a silver-colored tiara, and plastic, clear shoes.
"You two look great! Come on in." Quatre led them into the large ballroom where there were twenty people already talking and dancing away to the orchestra music.
"Real classy Quatre. Nothing less, eh?" asked Duo.
"Hey, I do have plenty of important guests. Besides the real fun is after 11 tonight," smiled Quatre.
"Oooh Quatre you naughty boy! What you got planned?" asked Duo.
"It'll just be a few special guests." Quatre left to greet more guests.
"A few guests? I'm dying to find out who these people are!" whispered Duo to Hilde.
"He meant us and the other pilots!"
"If it was just our little group, then why would he be so mysterious about this secret late party he's having and who's going to stay for it?"
Hilde realized that and also wondered, when she heard some familiar voices. "Hilde!"
Duo and Hilde saw Sally and Wufei appear. "Wow, you look very cool! Who are you dressed as?" asked Duo.
"If you must know, I'm Shang, and Sally's Mulan," said Wufei. Wufei's hair was slicked back as usual. He wore a period Chinese military uniform with a his katana at his side. Sally had a similar outfit, though less heavily armored than Wufei. She had a red ribbon to tie her hair back.
"He's just annoyed because it took a long time for him to get his costume on," smirked Sally.
"Must we get into THAT?"
Before Sally could answer some more familiar faces appeared. "Catherine! Trowa!" They immediately recognized the siblings because they were wearing their circus outfits for the party.
"I hope we're not late! Our act ended late tonight, so we couldn't leave as early as we were planning," explained Catherine.
"It's okay Cathy," assured Hilde. "We've only gotten here in the last five minutes ourselves."
"Oh alright then," sighed Catherine in relief.
"I told you, you didn't need to worry," said Trowa.
Everyone was amazed when five more people appeared. A blond girl appeared, with sparkles in her hair, and she wore a beautiful Roman toga. Her hair was curled and it was wavy. The tendrils flowed down her face in a way that emphasized how nice her face was. Trowa saw her immediately. He couldn't believe Midii was here, and dressed up like that. Catherine ran up to her friend. "Oh Midii, I can't believe how beautiful you look!"
"Thanks! I wasn't sure if I looked right."
"You look great. Not a bad Venus impersonation." The two girls went to the small group of pilots. "Doesn't she look nice Trowa?"
Trowa stared at Midii. He had to admit, she looked attractive. But attractive or not, she was dangerous. After all, she is a spy and didn't do things without a reason. He had a suspicion that she wasn't just here to have fun. "She's pretty," he said in his bland tone.
"Thank you Trowa."
The Peacecrafts and Heero appeared. Milliardo was dressed like a knight when he isn't in armor, and Lucrezia wore a lady-in-waiting dress. Relena had similar dress on, except it was more elaborate. Heero had an outfit that came right out of "Prince of Thieves". It wasn't hard to guess who they were dressed as. Quatre and Dorothy reentered the ballroom and left Rashid to greet the guests. "How's the party so far?"
"Really great!" Duo was already eating hors d'ourves.
"Oh Duo," Quatre shook his head amusingly. Quatre turned to notice that eight people entered the party. The others noticed Quatre and turned to see a rabbit, witch, a flapper, Xena and Gabrielle, a gypsy, a phantom, and a pretty girl.
"Who do you think they are?" asked Duo.
"They might be the friends that Nova wanted to bring," replied Dorothy. She was told what Nova and Trista would be wearing, and none of these people fit the description of their costumes.
"I have a strange feeling about those eight," said Trowa.
"Yes, I think there is something strange about them," added Milliardo.
"They ARE here for a reason, and I have a strong feelings something big is going to happen.

It was nearly eight and everyone was dancing and having a good
time. There were lively conversations all over the room. The guests were dressed in all different colors and the happiness of the event filled the room. The crowd bustled with life and pleasure. The pilots kept watching the eight strangers out of the corners of their eyes. They failed to notice the REAL threat.
Rashid appeared. "Announcing, Miss Rokureno and Miss Meioh." Nova and Trista appeared in their costumes.
"Those would be those special guests," whispered Quatre to the pilots.
"Them?" Duo stared at the two women that entered the room. They saw a geisha, and a fairy.
"Sorry, I hope we're not too late," said the fairy.
"You're just in time!" shouted Avatar as she began to attack. The pilots took out the guns they hid in their clothes and began firing. The other guests fled the room.
"Party crasher!" shouted Duo as he began firing. He aimed his gun at them. They did back flips and avoided the shots.
"You'll have to do better than that Gundam pilot!" shouted Flamethrower.
"You'll face the wrath of Shinigami!" Hilde ducked behind a pillar and began firing her gun as well. It seemed everyone except Relena, Midii and Dorothy were armed. They tried firing back, but the Raptures were undefeatable. The men that came along turned into Negaverse monsters that began stealing energy from the guests.
"They're too strong! And they're stealing energy from the guests!" shouted Quatre as he narrowly escaped Flamethrower's fire.
"I'll never give up to some weakling women!"
"That was a smart thing to say," Sally replied, when the Raptures began attacking even more fiercely.
In twenty seconds they heard, "Moon... Prism... Power!" A pink light flashed. The pilots saw the little girl in the rabbit costume turn into Sailor Chibi Moon. Her seven companions reluctantly transformed.
"Them again?" asked Wufei.
"You betcha Dragon man," replied Sailor Jupiter.
"Dragon? How did she know about that?" wondered Wufei as he fired at the four Raptures. They had a small army of men to help them.
"Jupiter... Oak... Evolution!" Leaves began flying through the air. They were scratched, but it didn't stop them.
"Uranus... World... Shaking!" A huge ball of energy crashed into the ground. It knocked them off their feet. However, Avatar regained her footing with some tricky gymnastics. She began using her telekinesis to blast Uranus against a wall.
"Uranus!" called Sailor Neptune. She glared at Avatar. "Neptune... Violin... Tide!" A huge rush of water aimed straight at Avatar. When the water settled, Avatar was still standing.
"Clever trick Neptune. However, I can create telepathic force fields to protect myself."
"You may have a force field, but I have an attack that it can't protect you from!" shouted Sailor Mercury.
"What?"
"Mercury... Bubbles... Blast!" The room filled with fog.
"What?" the Raptures screeched trying to find their way through the fog.
"Hurry, you have to get these people out of here," said Sailor Venus to the pilots and their dates. Seeing as there was little else they could do, they complied, and quickly took the unconscious victims outside.
The fog began to fade. "Try this!" screeched Flamethrower as she sprayed her fire at the scouts. They scrambled to avoid the scorching heat.
"Neptune... Tsunami... Wave!" Neptune used her most powerful attack. It was like two Deep Submerges and two Violin Tides combined in one powerful blast. The wall of water came flying straight at the Raptures. Flamethrower was frozen in her tracks. Staring frightened and hypnotically at the oncoming wave. Like a deer at the headlights of the car, she stood there, gawking as she was pummeled by the ocean swell.
"Move it!!!" shrieked Quint.
Flamethrower snapped out her trance, but she was pounded fiercely by the water attack. She was knocked unconscious, nearly drowning in the deluge. The other three scrambled to carry an unconscious Flamethrower from the mansion.

The guests went to the hospital to make sure they were okay. The pilots stayed behind to interrogate the senshi. Nova and Trista had gone to the hospital as well because they sustained injuries. The senshi de-transformed into their Halloween costumes. Duo took it upon himself to start the inquest. "Who are you?"
They only looked amongst themselves. "We may as well tell them," sighed the rabbit.
"She's right," agreed Gabrielle. "They already know we're senshi, we may as well fess up. Gabrielle pulled a red ribbon out of her back pocket. "You might recognize me better with this one." She tied the bow in her hair.
The pilots' eyes nearly popped out of their heads. "It's you! Mina?" asked Quatre.
Mina smiled. "Surprised to see me?"
"Yeah, you're... well... a little older than the last time..." started Quatre.
"We come from a thousand years in the future of OUR universe." The gypsy tied her hair in her trademark ponytail.
"Lita!" shouted Duo. He remembered that even though they were in the middle of a war against the Negaverse, Lita managed to find a way to keep them well nourished.
"I see you boys have done well for yourselves," said the Phantom of the Opera.
"Amara and Michelle," replied Trowa. "Hotaru and Amy."
"Who can forget Raye?" asked Wufei sarcastically. He and Raye had heated arguments and more than once had Chad ready to fight him for Raye's honor.
"But who's that?" Milliardo meant Rini.
"Oh yeah, you never met her," replied Mina.
"We'd like to introduce you to her royal highness, Princess Serena," replied Amy. Rini curtsied to the pilots.
"Princess Serena?" the pilots only looked at each other in confusion.
"Serena? Isn't Serena that girl you guys were talking about?" asked Hilde.
"Serena turned into a young pink-haired girl?" Quatre asked in confusion.
"NO! Silly Quatre!" laughed Hotaru.
"Princess Serena is Meatball Head's daughter. Isn't she?" asked Wufei. He remembered how everyone called Serena Meatball Head.
"We can all guess who the father is," Duo commented as though he was telling a joke.
"Well, you can't call her meatball head anymore. She is Her Royal Majesty Neo-Queen Serenity. The sovereign of Crystal Tokyo and Earth," replied Raye.
"Impressive," smiled Dorothy. The pilots knew it was a reference to Relena being the Queen of the World.
"What are you senshi doing in this universe?" asked Quatre.
"Those Raptures are senshi business. We must deal with them ourselves," replied Amara cryptically.
"Why?" asked Relena, who was well versed in the senshi from the pilots.
"The Negaverse has infiltrated this universe. Our mission is to deal with them before they cause serious damage," replied Lita.
"You certainly are more powerful now," noted Quatre who saw how wet his house had gotten from Neptune's attack.
"The Negaverse are sending more powerful agents. These Raptures are capable of much greater power than they've used. There's no doubt in our minds that they are just warming up," said Hotaru.
"Warming up?" gasped Duo.
"That doesn't sound good," Sally said. She shook her head. "This is serious. They stole lots of energy from those important people. Luckily it wasn't too much, otherwise they would be dead. What would this Negaverse want with our universe?"
"That's what we're here to find out. Pluto and Celaeno have only given us sketchy details. All we know is, that they want this universe. It's part of their strategy to attack OUR universe again," replied Amy.
"What exactly happened in your universe?" asked Quatre. "I think maybe is we knew what happened in your universe, it could explain why they are here, in our universe."
"After we returned to fix the time loop we caused, we defeat Hecate. However, the celebrations didn't last long," said Mina.
"Almost a year later, a new enemy appeared. There was an ancient prophecy that said that the Earth would be destroyed in an Eternal Winter. All life would die, including the senshi and the power of the Silver crystal. Once they are dead, the universe would be at the mercy of the Negaverse. The senshi, even with our stronger powers, couldn't defeat her. Our only hope was to use the power of Eternal Winter," continued Raye.
"Eternal Winter? Why would you use the power that could kill you all?" asked Trowa.
"There was a special child born one thousand years ago from when you first met us. She was destined to be the one to bring on the Eternal Winter. With such power under Negaverse control, the child could be used for evil. So the child's mother tried to suppress the dark side of the child to prevent the prophecy from being fulfilled," continued Hotaru.
"However, the dark side within the human cannot be suppressed for long. There was a darkness, the temptation to use power for evil uses. The child's inner struggle with her own darkness caused her two split into two people. She was no longer one child, but twin sisters. Hecate and Proserpine. And her mother was Sailor Celaeno," added Mina.
"You mean that... Sailor Celaeno was trying to defeat her own daughter?" asked Relena.
"Yes. The dark half of the little child. Hecate grew so powerful that she was locked away inside a locket called the Persephone locket. Proserpine was left to train her power to save people, meanwhile Hecate was trapped in the locket. When the Negaverse was attacking the Solar Systems throughout the Universe, Sailor Celaeno knew that it was dangerous to leave Proserpine where she could be taken," replied Mina.
"Proserpine didn't want to abandon her sister Hecate, even if she was an evil being. So Proserpine chose to hide in the locket with her sister. So they stayed inside. Whoever had the locket had power of the two sisters, the harbingers of Eternal Winter," said Michelle.
"So what does this have to do with now?" asked Wufei.
"Simply this. We needed to call upon the power of these twins in order to defeat the new enemy, Queen Opal. Our friend, Molly, was chosen as the one who would use the Persephone Locket to stop her. She realized that in order to save the Earth, she had to place us all in suspended animation. The Eternal Winter... in order to release the true power of the locket, which was to reseal the Negaverse in its prison dimension," said Amy.
"So by fulfilling the prophecy, the Earth was saved and the Negaverse was defeated. Then what happened?" asked Quatre who was fascinated by the tale.
"Molly also trapped herself inside the prison dimension in order to make sure that Negaverse stayed inside. To make a long story short, the dark power of the Locket corrupted the good nature of Molly. Neo-Queen Serenity healed her, and the locket was resealed again. However..." trailed Amara.
"What?" asked Heero. He had every right to be concerned when she said 'however'.
"Someone stole the locket. Whoever has it can cause great destruction in this universe. Celaeno was able to trail the thief to someone in this universe," replied Amara.
"How can someone from this universe know enough about the locket to steal it?" asked Hilde.
"Unless..." said Catherine.
"Unless... someone from the Negaverse told them!" concluded Sally.
"That would mean somehow the Negaverse got into this universe. But that still doesn't explain what they want. And what the Raptures have to do with all of this," replied Milliardo.
"The point is, is that at least we know what is going on," said Lucrezia.
"Do you think we could work together on this? I mean, these Gundam pilots know about this universe pretty well. They could help us," replied Rini.
"Princess Serena is right. We could help you," reasoned Relena.
"I'm sorry Miss Relena. I'm sorry Small Lady, but we can't have the pilots get involved. It wouldn't be safe, or fair to drag them into this mess," said Amara.
"It's too late for that. Besides, we got dragged into the mess already. Long before you senshi showed yourselves in this universe," replied Wufei.
Michelle looked at Amara pleadingly. "I think we should. Wufei is right. Besides, what have we got to lose? The Raptures are people from the universe. We have to find out how the Negaverse got here to begin with. Not to mention we have to find the locket."
Amara looked at everyone else. They were all determined to join with the pilots to solve this mystery. "I guess we can do that."
Trowa looked around the room and noticed that Midii had vanished from the room. "Where did you go?"

Midii was in a car driving to the Raptures headquarters. She realized there was more to Tempest and this Negaverse than she was EVER told. They were a dangerous organization. She began to wonder. "What DO you want with us? You want slaves and soldiers to fight for you in this alternate universe, but what do you really want with us? Why do you need the Raptures to do the dirty work for you?" She stared at the road ahead of her. Uncertain of what path of destiny to take. "Damn you! I don't even know which side is the right one."

Author's Note:
What will Midii do with this new information? Will she betray the pilots and reveal what she knows? What will happen next? Chapter 16 is coming next.