Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Reactions ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sex and the sink
 
Heero walked into the bathroom, preoccupied by the day's schedule, and handed over the palmtop to Wufei who was brushing his teeth by the sink, dressed in his briefs. “You've got a message from head office,” he said as he passed over the object then watched as Wufei spat into the sink absentmindedly, opened the message and scrolled down to read it. The Preventer frowned at the contents then glanced up at Heero as if to confirm his partner had not seen it.
 
“I've got to go to the office,” he said apologetically even as he switched off the display and passed it back to Heero. Heero knew from experience that the message would most likely be erased and did not bother checking. He could have found a way to retrieve it quite easily but trust, he knew, was an important part in any relationship and he would be a fool to try and sneak a peak at Wufei's communication with Headquarters. At least he thought it was from Headquarters since it had a Preventer-level encryption on it.
 
But that did not stop Heero from scowling, “We were going to pick up Duo from the spaceport,” he said.
 
“Oh,” said Wufei after he had finished rinsing his mouth, sounding more preoccupied than sorry he was missing his friend. “Why don't you pick him up? I'll bring lunch and …”
 
“You said you'll cook,” Heero managed to force out steadily hoping he did not sound like a petulant wife. In his condition it was the last thing he needed. Heero just wished Wufei would tell him this big secret that needed him back at work on his off day.
 
For a moment Heero was sure Wufei was going to snap back and remind him that between the two of them, Wufei was the one with a steady job, but all Wufei did was turn around and start to wash his face. In Heero's book that meant Wufei was feeling guilty and that was an admission in its own right. While Wufei could very well be feeling sorry for not meeting Duo at the spaceport Heero did not think that was the case.
 
“I'm sorry,” Wufei said, his voice sounding muffled, his head bend forward. “I…” Wufei continued to speak with his face immersed in water but Heero had stopped listening by then. The way Wufei was standing made him look vulnerable; his hair fell forward exposing his smooth back and his neck, and his low-riding briefs exposed the top of his butt tantalizingly. Heero could feel his interest growing as he carefully placed the palm top on the ledge that ran around the bathroom.
 
Heero deliberately took a step forward until his jeans-clad groin was flush against Wufei's partially covered bottom.
 
Wufei stiffened. Heero waited for the inevitable explosion but none came. Instead, Wufei slowly closed the tap while grinding back against Heero's rapidly hardening front. Heero inhaled sharply, taking in the scent of his lover as he ran a hand over the exposed back. He traced the knobs of the spine and leaned forward so he could kiss the uncovered neck. Like most Asians, Wufei had almost hairless skin[1], back looked smooth and unblemished in the faint yellow light of the bathroom. At least he had not been hurt with enough force to leave blatantly visible scar on his back and for that Heero was grateful. He kissed the expanse of skin, taking time to leave love bites that would be covered by the shirt. Only the two of them would know the bite marks existed. When Heero looked up, he could see Wufei's face reflected in the mirror over the sink, his eyes closed, cheeks flushed, lips parted slightly, breathing heavily.
 
Then very carefully, Heero leaned forward again and bit into the chord above where the neck met the body, knowing he was leaving a mark on his lover which the high collar of the Preventer uniform could not hide. Then he drew back and hooked a finger under Wufei's waistband and pulled down the scarp of cloth inch by inch, enjoying the view. Still, Wufei did not do anything apart from moving his feet further apart, exposing himself to Heero.
 
Heero ran a finger down Wufei's spine until it dipped past the tail bone into the puckered opening which was his final destination. Though he did not say anything, Wufei's unexpected meekness excited Heero - it was not very often that they made love these days - the night before had been more of an exception than the rule. While there was none of the stiffness of the previous weeks, it seemed to Heero that Wufei was not too pleased with the unexpected complication in their lives. Wufei willing and submissive - and silent was bonus he was unwilling to pass up.
 
Heero looked around until he found a proper substitute for lube - they were in the bathroom after all - and then undid the button of his jeans and pulled down the zip. The sound the zipper seemed very loud in the silent room, only punctuated by Wufei's loud breathing. Heero eased down his jeans up to his knees, just enough to give him room for movement and expose his erect cock. Then he flicked open the bottle of hair conditioner and managed to squeeze some out single handedly. He eased one lubricated finger into Wufei, listening to the sharply drawn breath, enjoying the play of emotion on his face, visible in the mirror, the way Wufei twitched faintly and bit his lower lip.
 
“Don't,” Heero said softly. “Don't bite your lip. I want to hear you.” Even as he spoke, he eased in another finger and all Wufei could do was moan and nod his understanding. Heero scissored his fingers and decided Wufei was ready. Since their first time when Wufei had bled, Heero always took time to prepare his lover properly but they had fucked the night before so two fingers were sufficient.
 
Heero put some conditioner on his dick and eased in slowly, watching for a reaction. Wufei's eyes were still closed. He was still self-conscious and embarrassed about seeing the expression of pleasure on his own face reflected by the mirror - that was one of the reasons Heero liked to do it in the bathroom -- but his lips were parted and he was gasping for breath. He did not seem to be in any pain so Heero pushed in until be was buried to the hilt in the inviting, tight heat.
 
He began to move slowly, taking his cues from Wufei - changing his angle repeatedly until he hit the exact spot, holding Wufei's hips firmly in a grasp he knew would leave bruises later on.[2]
 
Wufei moaned, loosing his tightly held restraint as Heero sped up his thrusts. He gripped the sink with both hands, his head hanging down and his hair swaying over the bowl. Heero slid a hand around and grabbed Wufei erection, brushing his thumb over the wet tip. Wufei swatted away his hand impatiently, taking himself in his own palm, and urged him to go faster by pushing back. Heero allowed himself a feral grin and pulled back so he could reach deeper with each push. He stroked Wufei roughly, letting his calloused palm close over the hard cock, knowing Wufei was close as well. As quick and efficient in battle, they usually handled sex with the same neat economics - no need to drag it out, just go in and get it done the quickest and most satisfying way possible, that was the philosophy they both lived by. So it came as no surprise that it ended within a few seconds after that, Wufei's release splattering the sink as Heero slumped on his flushed, sweaty back, trying to regain his breath.
 
Heero pulled out slowly as soon as he came to his senses and found himself crushing Wufei against the sink. He took a step back and helped Wufei find his footing, turned him around and kissed him gently on the lips. Wufei leaned against Heero's chest and Heero could feel his lover's legs trembling.
 
“I'm going to …have to shower,” Wufei said in a slightly unsteady voice as he tried to step back, swayed and leaned against Heero again.
 
“I could help,” Heero offered. “That's all,” he added. Even Heero Yuy needed time to recover after that.
 
Wufei seemed to consider it for a moment before shaking his head, taking in Heero fully dressed state. “No, we have to hurry. Duo's due in an hour and I have to get to the office as soon as possible.” He turned around and stepped into the shower cubicle. Heero saw a faint wince of pain mar his face. He had been a little rough towards the end though a hot shower would help, Heero decided. He would have felt guilty about the whole thing if Wufei was not heading towards Sharine.
 
------------ ----------- -------------------- ---------------------------
 
How Sharine met Wufei
 
Things had started off on the wrong foot right on the day when Sharine had first met her partner.
 
“You either put up with your new partner or you're back in the Accounts department running coffee,” Lady Une had told Sharine as she sat across the table. “Questions?”
 
“Partner?” Sharine had asked feeling excited. A real partner meant real field work and that was a big step from what she had been doing. Well, getting a hundred and fifty five cups of sweet latte-no sugar - just a drop of honey and those chocolate sprinkled Danishes with strawberry glazing made from real sugar from the bakery down the street for the office bitches was hardly demanding work.
 
“You'll be partnered with Chang Wufei,” Lady Une had told her in a voice that said `don't-argue-back'. After years of living in a Catholic convent—orphanage under the iron rule of Mother Superior, Sharine knew better than to say anything.
 
Sharine had not been sure what to expect. Chang Wufei was a legend in the Preventers and everyone knew his name but she, who partially lived in the basement, was yet to set her eyes on him. What she knew was that he had more field decorations than anyone else in the department and he was also still on active duty. She had imagined someone old or mature—how else would he have collected such a large number of commendations.
 
When Sharine told people at the office of her new assignment even the meanest bitch from the accounts department looked sorry for her, as if she had just been diagnosed with some sort of rare, incurable bone marrow cancer. Chang Wufei seemed to have gone out with and broken the hearts of half the women in the first floor and three fifth of the women in the second floor and the percentage kept increasing by floor. Sharine had a feeling he'd never reached Accounts because he must not have made it past the seventh floor where Lady Une had her main office.
 
But when Shairne met him for the first time, she had to admit, it was certainly not what she expected.
 
He was young - perhaps a couple of years older than her but not in his fifties or late forties as she'd expected him to be. He was also short and Chinese which is kind of obvious from his name but still,- a combination which ensured he was far from being drop dead gorgeous as she'd been led to believe by his numerous exploits in the romance department. Being five feet tall herself, she was hardly the type to judge the height of other people but compared to all those muscle-bound macho-men running around, Chang Wufei did not look like much. He was slender and had slicked back long hair, which he wore in a ponytail. In the right light, he kind of reminded her of a boyish girl - slightly androgynous - except for the shoulders. The only thing he had seemingly going for him was that he fitted into his uniform well.
 
The thing he had not going for him was his personality. Sharine was not sure what thoes women had seen in him.
 
“You're pairing me up with a woman!” he had yelled the moment he had been told the news.
 
“This is Sharine, your new partner,” Lady Une said as if she hadn't heard him.
 
“No,” Chang had said through ground teeth.
 
“Sit down and go through the report,” Lady Une had said in a voice which said `did-not-hear-you-and nor-do-want-to.'
 
“Why a woman?” Chang had protested loudly. “Dammit, don't tell me you have shortage of men in this department.”
 
“Actually the ratio of male to female Preventers is …” Sharine had started to explain out of old habit after spending a year and a half in the accounts department, which also had a side branch called Statistics.
 
“Typical women,” Chang had muttered sitting on the chair next to her carefully. “I don't read gossip columns.”
 
That had put her in her place. She had blushed then looked down at her lap where her hands were clenched into fists.
 
“Think you can leave now,” Lady Une said without missing a beat, her voice cold. “Someone needs to show the rookie the ropes and…”
 
“Do you mind?” Chang grumbled. “I just came back from L4 and I'd much rather someone else handle such insignificant matters…”
 
Better than mere mortals, was he? The fact he was arguing with Lady Une had been enough of an indication but the way he ignored her was even more disheartening.
 
“The situation needs your delicate touch,” Lady Une said sounding slightly sarcastic.
 
Sharine had looked at his hands. They were rather small and delicate looking indeed, if not for those calluses on his palms, but did not think that was what Lady Une was referring to.
 
“Get going you two,” Lady Une had continued. “- time's a-wasting.”
 
“Fine,” the annoying man had said, sounding none too grateful as he had stood up and brushed his palms on his trousers. Sharine had gotten up as well, at a loss of anything to do, and reached for the door since she was closer to it. As she had been about to open the door, Chang had reached past her, closed his hands around the knob and jerked it open with a vicious jerk. Then he had stood there - waiting.
 
It had taken her three seconds to realize he was holding the door open for her, the way those gentlemen did in the eighteenth century. After staring at him for another five seconds, while the scowl in his face turned volcanic, Sharine scampered out the office, mystified.
She was not sure what to think of her new partner. She was sure it was going to be interesting working with him. Little did she expect to fall in love with him.
 
---- ^&*($#@@@!@~ -------
 
Being impressed by a senior partner's commendations was a common thing but most rookies discover that their idol had no feet at all when it came to field work. Therefore, it came as a startling surprise for Sharine that after her first field case with Wufei she was impressed by his actions.
 
She had dropped in unannounced at Wufei's apartment to inform him that they had been assigned to a case and he had answered the door dressed in a pair of loose white cotton pants, sweat soaked hair with strands escaping the severe hair style he preferred at work and a long sword.
 
There had been no point in denying it, Wufei was rather well built. His form was more in line of a long distance runner trained for endurance rather than that of brute strength. While his tailor made Preventer uniform made him look good, it also seemed to make him appear relatively harmless like a well polished Chinese doll - but now he looked more dangerous. Sharine had to swallow before she could tell him of their new mission and Wufei had nodded, pausing only to change into comfortable clothes and join her in the elevator. He had not bothered changing into his field uniform, just casual slacks and a loose shirt and combed back his hair half-heartedly - it was his day off after all.
 
Once they were confined within the limited space of the elevator, Sharine made another discovery - Wufei had not bothered to shower (it was an emergency, she supposed so such things could be put off for a while) and she could smell him. He smelled of sweat, metal and pine-scented fabric softener. It was not as bad as she'd have thought it would be - it was surprisingly peasant and something of a turn on. It had the effect of making her even more nervous around her partner - which made her act like a flustered airhead whenever she spoke to him.
 
Wufei did not have much patience for airheads who were unable recite precise case details.
 
“What do you mean Laura Windsgate tried to stab one of her teachers?” he said, pouncing on the loose ends. “Isn't Agent Walker supposed to be on guard duty?”
 
“I think he was guarding her against outside attacks, not the other way around,” Sharine managed to say evenly enough.
 
“Still, that's not an excuse,” Wufei said, looking disgruntled. “He should know enough to pay attention to all the details not just a few facts. He's hardly a rookie.” He gave her a sideway look, which indicated just what he thought of incompetent rookies, and Sharine made a mental note to count to ten before speaking in case she blurted out anything stupid.
 
Wufei did not look scary - he looked hot and she was starting to become extremely aware of it. “But why am I the one to mop up this mess?” he said with a scowl. “Let the local police handle it. She's a minor so the most she'll get is a juvenile record.”
 
“She is also the daughter of Governor Windsgate, Earth Ambassador to L4, and this could cause a diplomatic incident should it get out,” Sharine told her superior with a small grin.
 
“We're Preventers not publicity agents,” Wufei told her, his displeasure evident. “Well, I suppose we should go there as soon as possible and get this over with,” he added almost as an afterthought. “We'll go by bike -helmet?”
 
Sharine knew by reputation that Wufei rode his bike like a madman with a death wish and no one, not ever, took up his offer to give them a ride. But she also did want to desperately impress her partner and this was as good a chance as any.
 
“No,” she said a little hastily. “No… helmet, I'm fine.”
 
“As you wish,” said Wufei with a brisk nod. He walked over to his bike, the Preventer special, which looked far too large for his slender form to handle. But he wheeled it smoothly as if it was a bicycle and mounted it with ease, though Sharine noted that he had to stretch his feet to reach the ground with both toes. “Get on.”
 
Sharine nodded nervously, her mouth too dry to speak and climbed on a little clumsily. The bike was one of those that seemed to slope forward for the rider was almost pushed vertical and the passenger plastered over him. She tried to find a comfortable position that did not have her crotch, breasts or other body parts pressed against her partner, but gave up when she slid forward nevertheless.
 
“Have you been on a bike before,” Wufei, who was oblivious to Sharine's problem of anatomical placement, spoke and she jumped, shook her head before realizing that he could not see her with his back turned towards her.
 
“No,” she said, and again her voice sounded breathless much to her annoyance.
 
“Hold onto me,” he said. “If you think I'm going too fast, pinch my middle and I'll stop.”
 
Sharine opened her mouth to either protest or to question that statement, even she didn't know which, when the bike roared to life and it was either cling to Wufei like a limpet or be left behind on the underground parking floor.
 
Wufei's body was well muscled, his middle flat and firm. He was still sweaty but the updraft created by the bike was drying him swiftly. They were going rather fast, Sharine supposed, but she did not care. She could feel Wufei's body pressed against her, smell him and feel his heart beat through the thin cotton shirt he wore. She was desperately, desperately aware of just how much he had to offer.
 
But he still had a horrible personality, she reminded herself as a last resort. No matter how good his body felt or how cute he looked when he was angry he was such an awful person. She repeated to herself, `You can't fall for him, he's still a jerk and you know you can't stand jerks.'
 
Wufei was, by no means, an easy person to work with and he tended to moan about `being partnered with a woman' until he seemed to have gotten it down to a fine art. There was no way she could even like the guy, Sharine decided. He was definitely anti-social, despite the number of females who seemed to throw themselves at him regularly. He was crass, loud and extremely hard to get on with. He had outdated ideas about women, which included things like opening doors for her as if they she was a weakling, unable to do it on her own, and that women did things in a special area called Ladies rooms which men could not even imagine. This in turn meant that women's toilets were a sacred area where no male (i.e. Wufei) would dare venture.
 
Which was how Sharine found herself in the girls' toilets at Bayside High, waiting for the `friend of the suspect' to come out. Sharine stepped back to let the occupant in one of the stalls brush past her and then willed the centre stall door to open and disgorge its inhabitant. She was not feeling very patient - she wanted out of the crummy, disinfectant-smelling room very, very badly.
 
After what felt like a lifetime, the girl, Jana - small, bespectacled and serious looking -stepped out. She had been crying. Her eyes shimmered red and swollen behind the thick lenses but she seemed to be over it. “I have been thinking.” For a small girl her voice was rather firm and Sharine remembered that Jana was an extremely active person, president of the schools debating team.
 
“Good for you, kid,” Sharine said glumly. Babysitting duty was the last thing she wanted to be saddled with but Wufei seemed to assume just because she was female she was automatically capable of dealing with kids. Jana nodded decisively and then opened her mouth, resembling some small bird that, for a moment, Sharine wanted to smile despite the gravity of the situation. “If you have anything else to add, you might want to tell that in front of my partner,” she said instead.
 
“The guy out front?” Jana asked, her voice taking a more lively tone. “He's rather cute, isn't he?”
 
Sharine tried to remember if she, at fourteen, had also been checking out guys who were almost a decade older than her, then dismissed the speculation as nonsensical. She had to admit, her partner - her mentor and senior - whatever, was rather good looking.
 
“Let's just go,” Sharine said finally and placed a firm hand on the back of the girl, pushing her out. She'd had enough of kids for one day.
 
Wufei looked up as they exited the girls' room, seemed to want ask something then snapped his mouth shut and looked away, slightly embarrassed. Sharine did not need to be a mind reader to know that he had been about ask why they had decided to stay in the girls' toilets for half an hour and then decided that he did not want to know the answer. Sharine decided that she would tell him later on that it had been Jana, sobbing in the stall, who had delayed them and nothing else.
 
“I want to tell you something,” Jana said, her eyes fixed on Wufei, smiling expectantly.
 
The intense gaze seemed to make Wufei uncomfortable, though all he did was to look at Sharine and say, “find us a free classroom, we'll talk there.”
 
- - - --### - ### - #### - -- - ---
 
“So,” said Sharine as soon as they were in the small room which they had been assigned to by the school during the investigation. “Now what?”
 
“You go home,” Wufei told Sharine as if he had already thought it over. “File a report and do something. I'll take it from here.”
 
“Like hell you will.” The words burst from her lips before she could stop it. “I'm not going to let you handle this alone.”
 
“Go home, woman,” Wufei snapped after a two second delay when he took stock of the situation. “I'll deal with this.”
 
“This is my case, too,” Sharine said forcefully, unwilling to let go. She didn't like Jana much but from what she had said, her friend had gone crazy and tried to stab her class teacher because she was being abused at home by her stepfather. The stepfather turned out to be the William Windsgate,
 
“This does not concern you,” Wufei said, looking out the window.
 
“That Windsgate decided he did not want to be caught with some underage girl in a brothel so he adopted one for easy access?” Sharine snapped angrily. “I know what it's like for girls to wind up in wrong homes … I grew up in an orphanage and most of the girls there were placed to foster homes since their families were unfit.” She wanted to tell him about everything that she had seen and heard of during her time at the orphanage but did not want to sound like some overreacting bitch.
 
“We can't go barging into his house,” Wufei told her pointedly. “He's got diplomatic immunity.”
 
Sharine nodded, understanding, as her shoulders slumped with despair. At the Preventer training facility, dubbed the Cruncher by the students there, she had been taught the basic laws on which Preventers operated. While they were the law, they were not above the law, which meant that those with diplomatic immunity were untouchable.
 
“We can do nothing,” she stated glumly.
 
“We call for Child Protection and they'll take her away,” Wufei told her.
 
“But only if they can prove she's telling the truth,” Sharine said in frustration. “That means countless medical and physiological tests. Until then, she has to stay in that house with him, and by the time they get a move on, it might be too late for Laura.”
 
“Go home,” Wufei told her, facing her directly. He pushed away from the windowsill he was leaning against and shrugged. “We've done all we can do here. File the report, take a bus home, go shopping and forget you ever came across this case.”
 
“But…” Laura Windsgate was fourteen, blonde and sleek, nothing like Sharine, and she still had an inferiority complex from her school days when faced with girls who wore snobbish expressions - but that did not mean she was heartless. “She stabbed someone because that was the only way to get attention,” Sharine tried again. “Laura is trapped at home - if she goes home and they leave for L4 she might never be free.”
 
“The best option then is to slit her wrists,” Wufei said callously as he walked out the room. “That's always a choice if you look at it that way.”
 
Sharine stood in the middle of the room, mouth open in protest, staring at the empty doorway until the roar of the bike jerked her out of the rage induced trance. Angrily, she ran out the building to the driveway to see the smoke plume of the Preventer special vehicle disappearing into the distance.
 
She stomped her foot and looked up and down at the deserted driveway, scowled at the sky and realized that what Wufei had said was true. As a Preventer, she was helpless. Still, it did not make him a lesser jerk, she thought as she called for a cab.
 
The Insta-Cab arrived three minutes later and she got on before it even came to a proper halt. “Governor Windsgate's mansion,” she told the driver. She might be helpless but she was going to do something. She couldn't let that girl remain in her desperate situation. She had taken an oath to uphold the law and save lives. She was doing just that; Wufei and everyone else be damned.
 
She was going to meet Governor Windsgate and talk to him even if it was the last thing she was ever going to do. Maybe if she hinted that the Preventers knew of his activities, he might keep his paws to himself which would be at least partial success.
 
When she arrived at the Windsgate mansion, she realized that it was extremely easy to get into. The front door made of polished crystal glass and antic wood was in pieces and there were no guards at the entrance. The condition of the door was easily explainable - someone had driven a Preventer issue bike through it and Sharine had an inkling as to whom that bike might belong to. She ran into the hallway, crunching over the broken glass, pulled out her (Preventer issue) hand gun and burst into the next room.
 
It was empty except for two unconscious guards. She noted that they were still breathing even as she moved into the next where - well, she was not very surprised by what she came across - Wufei stood, wielding a long sword over the prone figure of the governor. The governor was alive and conscious, just scared out of his mind.
 
When he sighted her Preventer uniform he gasped in relief. “Help me,” he pleaded to her. “He's mad. Shoot him, he's going to kill me.”
 
Sharine looked at Wufei, who stood, face unreadable, looking at her. `He expects me to shoot him,' she thought with a start. She had no idea as to what exactly was going on but she did holster her weapon slowly. (Later, she found out that she had forgotten to put the safety on - it was a minor miracle she had not lost a kidney while walking about.)
 
“What are you doing here?” she said to Wufei instead.
 
“I could ask you the same question,” he told her coldly. “You should not have seen this.”
 
“Is this why you didn't want me to come with you?' she asked despite the audience. “You didn't want me to see this.”
 
“I work alone,” he said with a shrug. “Lady Une knows that - which was why she told you to tell me to handle this. If it's too sticky, I can clean it up without that many hang ups.”
 
He was going to kill Governor Windsgate, she realized. She had been naive in thinking he hadn't cared - he did. She had been naïve in thinking a simple talk will solve all the problems. Perhaps there was only one solution but she could not stand by and let Wufei kill some guy who couldn't keep his hands off his adopted daughter. “You'll lose your job,” Sharine blurted out stupidly.
 
“You think I care about that?” Wufei actually smiled.
 
“But you are a Preventer,” she said desperately. “Who else can you be?”
 
“Justice,” Wufei said even as he swung the sword. It buried itself two inches from Governor Windsgate's neck. “You're done,” he said evenly to the whimpering man. “This is not a threat, this is a promise. You will leave the girl alone - any girl - and you will resign from your position. Otherwise I'll kill you.”
 
He looked at Sharine and gave her a half smirk, which was slightly scary. “Think you can leave us alone for a bit. I promise not to kill him. I just need to talk to him in private.”
 
Sharine looked at him for a moment, nodded, then walked out, back to the broken doorway. She had no idea as to what exactly went on in there but when fifteen minutes later Wufei emerged, blood free, from the inner mansion, she decided she did not need to know.
 
He stared at her for a moment and nodded. “You shouldn't have seen that.”
 
She shrugged. “Isn't justice supposed to be blind?” She was not sure as to exactly what she meant by it, but it sounded rather clever and she was desperately in need of some clever come back lines.
 
Wufei gave her an inscrutable look. “Let me give you a lift home.”
 
After that incident, Governor Windsgate resigned, his wife divorced him and left with his daughter to settle down in Hawaii.
 
Wufei was suspended for three weeks from field duty, which time he spent bitching at everybody in the office.
 
Sharine discovered that she had truly, deeply, madly, as cliché as it sounds, fallen for her partner.
 
---------- ------------------------ ------------------
 
Next Reactions 2- Duo
 
[1] Me: or so they say though I personally am very, very hairy
Stray: hm I think 'they' reserve 'Asians' for those living on the continent or in Japan.
Me: Ah!
 
[2] Me: I should write a scene where Wufei has to strip in an all male surrounding later on - like a mercenary camp.
Stray: heh you should! Or in front of Sharine where Wu has come out of shower with a towel around his hip but not high enough or it falls down and S goes OMG! TMI! :P
Me: Do the Preventers have communal showers ?