Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shoe Shine ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shoe Shine pt. 5/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 1x2x1, and others

Category: AU

Note: This is going to be a happy one…with minor minor angst…

Warnings: None.

Archive: 1x2ml, DHML, Mediaminer.org, Gundam Wing Universe, www.angelfire.com/gundam/princess_vespa/ that's my website..*grin*

Disclaimer: I only own the story but I don't own anything else…*sighs*

Duo was extremely nervous as he rode in the elevator to the top floor. He fiddled with his clothing trying to remember everything Hilde told him. A lot was riding on this meeting and he wasn't sure if he could pull it off. He jumped when the elevator dinged and opened. He cautiously walked out onto the floor and looked around warily. There was a desk at the end of the short hallway from the elevator. A young lady was sitting behind the desk looking through some files.

Duo slowly walked up to her and cleared his throat, "Hi…umm…I'm here to see Mr. Winner."

The blonde secretary looked up at him and smiled, "Name?"

"Duo Maxwell."

She grabbed a black book from under the files and opened it. It took a few minutes but then she looked up at him and smiled reassuringly, "Hello Mr. Maxwell. Hold on, I'll tell him you're here to see him."

She picked up the phone near her and dialed a number, "Hello, Mr. Winner. You're ten o'clock is here to meet with you. Yes, sure. Okay, Mr. Winner."

The secretary hung up the phone and smiled at him, "He says he'll see you in a minute. So just have a seat over there and relax."

Duo nervously smiled at her and sat down in one of the chairs she pointed at. She went back to looking through the files. Duo took to looking at the room. The carpet was a blue with flecks of gray in it. The room was not big but it wasn't small either. The walls were actually made of wood and stained a nice cherry color. There was even a real potted plant next to the chair he was sitting in.

He jumped when the phone rang, and watched nervously as the secretary talked to whoever was on the other side.

"Yes, of course Mr. Winner. I'll tell him." She hung up the phone and looked at him, "He will see you now."

Duo gulped nervously and stood. He walked towards the door but before opening it, he straightened out his suit and patted his hair down. He took a deep breath of air to steady him and opened the door.

He didn't see Mr. Winner when he walked into the room. The first thing he noticed was that the office was huge. There were windows lining one side of the wall so you could see the city. On the other wall was a huge TV screen with two chairs facing it. He looked forward and saw a big desk with a black chair turned away from him. It took him a few seconds after looking at the room to realize that he wasn't alone. In two of the chairs directly in front of the desk sat two men. He recognized them both and they recognized him.

Wufei gasped, "Duo?"

Duo blushed a little, "Hi Wufei. It's nice to see you."

The other, Heero, just snorted and turned away. When Wufei gasped, the black chair swiveled around and the occupant stared at Duo.

"Duo! What are you doing here?"

"Well I had a meeting with Mr. Winner. Which I take is you?"

Quatre smiled, "Yes it's me. I didn't know you owned the orphanage."

Duo smiled nervously, "Well, actually I don't own the orphanage. Hilde Schiebecker does but she's sick. So she asked me to talk to you for her."

"Oh. So what do actually do at the orphanage."

"I tend to it. I do any maintenance that needs to be done, and I also watch the children some times."

Quatre looked thoughtful, "Interesting. Well have a seat and tell me why you are here."

Duo smiled and relaxed a little. He walked forward and took the remaining seat between Wufei and Heero.

"Well, Mr. Winner…"

"Duo, please call me Quatre. You're my friend."

Duo smiled widely at Quatre, "Okay Quatre." He straightened in his chair and talked more seriously like Hilde told him to.

"Well, I'm here to ask your company, more specifically you, for help. I'm sure you've heard of the recent closings of the orphanages around the city."

Quatre nodded his head and gestured for Duo to continue.

"Well, the children from those orphanages will be coming to our orphanage. Don't get me wrong, we don't mind. The more the merrier, but it's just that we don't have the money. We're under funded as it is and with the addition of these other orphans we won't have the money to keep the orphanage running. If we shut down then there will be no place to put these kids. We're the last orphanage left. The reason I'm here is to ask you if you will fund our orphanage. Give us the money that is needed to keep it open and keep the kids off the streets."

Quatre steepled his hands together, "Hmm…I understand what're your saying and I can sympathize but I also have to think of this company. I'll be more than happy to give your orphanage a donation but I don't know about the funding."

Duo frowned, "Well a donation would be nice but it isn't what we need. Donations are what people give to make them feel better about themselves. A good deed for the day if you will. I know you aren't like that Quatre but most people are. The orphanage needs a stable inflow of money. And it'll be good for your company. It'll create great PR for you and maybe with your influence others will join in. Then we wouldn't have to get all our funding from you."

Quatre looked thoughtfully at Duo, "Well I have to discuss it with my advisors. Could you wait a moment while I talk with them?"

"Sure take all the time you need." Duo said nervously.

Quatre motioned for Heero and Wufei to come with him. They walked to the other side of the room and discussed the proposition quietly. Duo sat fidgeting in his chair. He hoped and prayed that Quatre would help them and that he didn't blow it for the orphanage.

Soon than he expected, Quatre, Wufei and Heero joined him at the desk.

Quatre stood there with a blank look on his face, "I've made my decision…"

TBC