Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Siren's Song ❯ Siren's Song ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Siren's Song
By Angel Love

Author's Notes: Hiya! Yep, here is another songfic. This one is a bit different for me. So I hope you all like it. This is based after Endless Waltz and the pilots are now 21.

Standard disclaimers apply. I don't own Gundam Wing. If I did, I would have way too much fun with the boys. Wait, I can do that anyways! hee hee. I also don't own 'The Only Thing Wrong'. That is owned by Jamie O'Neal and her record company. And can be found on her cd: Shiver. And of course, I don't own Seiya, Taiki and Yaten. I borrowed those guys from the Sailor Moon universe.



Duo's smiling face popped around the corner of Heero's office. "Hey, Buddy!" He greeted the silent occupant of the room. "Congratulations of the promotion."

Heero nodded his thanks, his fingers unconsciously going over the commander pin on his preventers jacket next to him.

"So whatcha gonna do?" the eager ex-pilot asked.

"Nothing."

"Aw, come on. You have to celebrate it. I have an idea," Duo beamed.

Heero raised an eyebrow. Something told him that he didn't want to hear this idea, but he knew that Duo wasn't going to leave him alone until he did. That was a definite draw back to having the guy as a best friend.

"Let's go to the Lazy Grill," Duo suggested, bouncing from foot to foot, his long braid swinging behind him.

"Isn't that a bar?" Heero asked, giving him a hard look.

"Yea, but it isn't one of those sleazy bars," Duo grinned. "Come on, the others have already agreed to come and celebrate your promotion."

Heero glared at him, then sighed, relenting to Duo's idea. He just knew that he was going to regret this later.

******************

The five gundam pilots, now preventers, Milliardo Peacecraft, also a preventer, his girlfriend, Lucrezia Noin, Sally Po, and Hilde Schiebker walked into the Lazy Grill.

The place was very high class, the room done in reds and blacks. On the other side of the room was a large stage where live acts came and played every night.

"All right, Siren is singing tonight!" Duo crowed after he saw the sign announcing who was playing.

"Siren?" Quatre asked, looking over at the big sign.

"She is a great singer," Noin added. "I have heard her numerous times." She shared a look with Duo. Both knew the real identity of 'Siren' and they both knew that tonight was going to make some waves.

She leaned close to Duo and whispered, "Are you sure that we should be doing this? We should have warned her."

Duo shook his head. "She knew that they would see her eventually. She said that she was cool with it when I mentioned it to her a few weeks ago." Duo looked over at Milliardo. "Just make sure you keep the Lightening Count from dragging her off the stage."

Noin looked over at her boyfriend and sighed. "Easier said than done," she muttered, picturing how red his face was going to get in a few moments. "Easier said than done," she whispered again.

***********************

On the other side of the stage, hidden by a curtain, was Siren. She was wearing a very fitting black spaghetti strap leather dress that went down to the floor, with a slit going up to midthigh, showing off her long legs. She had on black spiked heels that strapped up her ankles. As she moved about the dress shimmered in the light. She had light bronzing on her shoulders. Her hair was pulled up in a French roll, with tendrils framing her face, and a light sprinkling of glitter added to the honey-colored strands. Her make-up was light, but accenting her sky-blue eyes.

She peeked out the curtain, a smile crossing her face when she saw Duo and Noin. They always tried to come see her perform. They were the only two that even knew she could sing, much less sang in public. Duo was the one who got her to sing here in the first place, claiming that it would help relieve some of the stress in her life. And even though she hated to admit it, he was right. After the first time he heard her sing he gave her the nickname Siren, but only called her that when no one was around. Noin had been the one to hold her hand the first night she went on stage. She thought that Duo's nickname was perfect for her stage name. She was eternally grateful to both of them.

She broke out of her thoughts when she saw Heero and sucked in a harsh breath, shocked that he was there. She hadn't seen him in so long, but the feelings that she had for him were still as strong as ever.

"Siren?" a voice called from behind her.

She turned to smile at her guitarist, a medium height guy about the same age as her. His long black hair pulled back in a ponytail. His blue eyes looked at her in concern. He was extremely cute, and she would have thought about dating him if she hadn't been so hung up on the suicidal pilot in the audience.

"Seiya, you know that song that we have been working on that I haven't wanted to do yet?"

He nodded at her.

"I want to do it tonight."

Seiya's mouth dropped open. "Are you sure?" At her nod, a grin crossed over his face, excitement clear in his blue eyes. "That's great, Siren. I'll go tell Yaten and Taiki right now." Then he ran off to tell his brothers about the music change.

Siren peeked one last time out the velvet curtains. "I hope you get the message Heero Yuy. Because I am tired of waiting for you."

**************************

The sound of music quieted the crowd.

Heero looked up as he heard a soulful sound beat, followed by the guitar and the drums. He could barely see on the stage. He could make out three men, each with long hair pulled back in ponytails. And he could see the outline of a woman, but he was unable to see any of her features.

Duo looked over at his friend, a knowing look across his face. He leaned back next to Hilde, who gave him a questioning look. But he just shook his head. "Let the fun begin," he whispered.

Noin looked over at Milliardo, ready to grab him at any moment. "I really hope that he is willing to behave," she whispered.


Then a sultry voice filled the room. "A family that loves me. More friends than I can count," she sang, just as the light came on to show her clearly to the room of fans and new comers to the bar.

Heero's mouth dropped on in surprise for a moment. Only one word could escape his lips. "Relena."

Duo smirked, putting his hands behind his head. "You know Heero, Ojousan is looking pretty hot. And me and Hilde aren't really all that serious..." Duo taunted, but stopped when Hilde glared at him. "Just kidding, babe."

But his teasing didn't have any affect on the pilot. His eyes were locked on the gorgeous creature on the stage.


"Got that job I always wanted," she sang, swaying slightly to the music. "Nothing to complain about."

Milliardo took a moment to get over the shock of seeing his little sister up on the stage. Then he started to get up to drag her off the stage, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his icy blue eyes to glare at his girlfriend. "Let me go," he gritted out.

"No," Noin said steadily. "Leave her be. If you don't, you will pay for it later. If you get what I mean..." She glared at him, letting him know that she fully meant her threat.

With a defeated sigh he leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest. As much as he wanted to drag her off the stage, he wasn't willing to sleep on the couch.


"I know I got so much going," Relena, aka Siren, sang, her voice raising slightly with the next line. "Still I got so much gone."

The pilots and the rest of the girls looked over to see Heero's reaction to the girl he still refused to admit that he loved. He was still looking pretty shocked at the former princess.


"The only thing wrong in my life," she winked at one of the guys currently drooling at her. "Are the arms that don't hold me through the long lonely nights." She wrapped her arms around herself, pushing her breasts up just slightly.

Heero could feel his mouth drying slightly. He had never imagined that Relena had such a great body. Sure he knew that she was pretty, and he had looked whenever he thought she wasn't looking, but he had never seen her in anything quite like what she was wearing now.


"The only thing wrong in my life." She looked directly at Heero. "Is you're not in it, baby. Oohh."

Heero felt his body go still. She was aware that he was there. He was sure that she knew that he was there the entire time. Suddenly the meaning of the song hit him. The song was about her and him.


"I ought to simply move on." Her blue eyes holding his Prussian blues, she slowly pulled the mike from its stand. "And shrug off your goodbye."

She fought to keep up her carefree façade as she pictured in her mind Heero walking away from her right after the Mariemia incident. He never once looked back. And he ripped apart her heart with every step. He threw away everything that she had offered him without a second thought. And now she was determined that she was going to give him second thoughts.


"But it's hard to see the future." A single tear fell from her eye despite her battle not to let it escape. "Through these tears in my eyes."

He gazed back at her, his mask firmly over his features. He could not give into his swirling emotions. He had to keep himself from loving Relena. He had made a decision five years ago that he would not drag her down with him. And he would keep that promise to her and himself.


"The sun," she sang.

"The sun," Seiya and Taiki echoed her.

"Never shined so brightly," she sang, covering her eyes with her free hand. "One part blocks out the light."

She remembered feeling as if her whole life had fallen out from under her back then. She struggled to keep her hurt and pain hidden from the world. And then Duo came to her rescue. He knew that she was hurting and he helped her see that she could live without Heero. It was shortly after that she made her singing debut as Siren. She was a big hit here and she sang one night a week.


"The only thing wrong in my life," she sang balling up one fist. "Are the arms that don't hold me through the long lonely nights."

Heero felt an ache in his heart. He knew that he was only fooling himself. He did love Relena. He knew that he would love her. But he just couldn't let her know. He would taint her. She was perfection in his eyes. And he was too stained with blood to touch her.


"The only thing wrong in my life." She pointed at him. "Is you're not in it, baby." She flipped her hand up as she tapped one heel to the beat. "Ooh uh oh."

Quatre looked over at Heero. He could see that the mask was slowly falling off of the perfect soldier's features. He hoped that he would allow himself to love Relena. They all could see that the two needed each other.

Seiya played a few notes on his guitar, allowing Relena to catch her breath for a second. He could see that she meant every word of this song. He hoped that the guy that she was singing this to wasn't going to turn her away. He didn't want to see her in pain, she was too dear a friend to him.


"Yea my world was close to perfection," she sang, her voice dancing over each word. "Till the day you said goodbye." She flipped her head as she said the last line.

She was going to make Heero understand how much he hurt her. But no matter how much he had hurt her, she was still willing to give him one last chance. She owed that to herself.


"The only thing wrong in my life," she sang, tilted her head back down, catching Heero's eyes again. "Are the arms that don't hold me through the long lonely nights."

Heero held her gaze, not flinching under the clear message that she was sending him. But on the inside he was torn in two. He knew that he would loose his love forever if he didn't act now.


"The only thing wrong in my life," she continued. "Is you're not in it, baby. No you're not." She shook her head, causing the glitter to sparkle. "No you're not."

Milliardo was speechless to the amount of emotion he could see rolling off his sister. He had always known that she loved Heero, but he never knew that she loved him this much. He looked over at Noin, for the first time understanding why she stood by Relena so faithfully. Noin and Relena had done the same thing. Waited for their men to get a clue. Lucky for him, he had gotten a clue. He reached over and squeezed her hand, causing her to smile at him.


"The only thing wrong in my life," she sang. "Are the arms that don't hold me through the long lonely nights."

'Please, Heero,' she whispered in her mind. 'Don't turn me away again."


"The only thing wrong in my life," she sang. "Is you're not in it, baby. Aahohh."

Heero could see her plea in her eyes. Still he fought himself. "You are better off without me," he whispered, knowing that she could read his lips.

Duo shook his head, hearing Heero's words. "Don't be a fool, Heero," he whispered, his eyes meeting Trowa's. They both knew that Heero was going to make a big mistake.


Relena dropped her head at Heero's words. "You're not in it baby," she sang, picking up her head as she quietly added, "Only thing wrong." She let him see the pain his latest rejection had caused her. It was the last bit of pain she was going to allow him to cause her. She had enough, she knew that she could get by on her own.

'Goodbye, Heero,' her mind whispered.



"Is your not in it baby. Oohh woahh." Her voice was soulful and full of pain. The last line was almost inaudible, as she looked down again. "You're not in it, baby."

The pain he saw was too much to bear, just as the last cords were being played he swiftly got out of his seat and strode towards the stage.

Wufei smirked, Sally smiled broadly with Noin and Hilde. The others each showed their own approval of Heero's move, hoping that he wouldn't blow his last chance for sure.

Since Relena wasn't looking at him, she was taken by surprise when loud cheers went up in the crowd. She looked up to see Heero leaping on the stage, it reminded her of the many times she had seen him jumping into a mobile suit. "Heero?"

He strode towards her, his gait sure and clear, despite the mixing emotions turning in him. He stopped just in front of her, not thinking about the fact that the mic would let everyone hear what they were saying. "I'm not good for you, Relena."

"I don't care," she shook her head. "I love you, that's all that counts."

Everyone was silent, watching to see what Heero would do next.

He ran one hand through his unruly brown hair. "Screw it," he whispered. Then he grabbed Relena and pulled her to him, claiming her mouth in front of everyone.

Duo let out a whoop as everyone starting clapping. "I knew that if I got him here, everything would work out," he crowed, proud of himself.

Hilde smiled up at her boyfriend. "You were right."

He beamed. "Of course, babe." He threw an arm over his shoulder, looking like a two-year old given candy.

Wufei, Quatre and Trowa looked at him, shaking their heads. They knew that he was going to be impossible to live with for the next few weeks. But even though they hated to admit it, he was right. Heero and Relena had finally gotten together.

Heero looked down into Relena's sky-blue eyes. "I like your singing," he whispered.

A smile moved its way across her face. "Thank you," she whispered back.

"So…um…" he looked away unable to say the next words.

Relena pulled his face back to look at hers. "That's okay, Heero. The words will come in time. I already know how you feel. As long as you are here with me, that's all I care about."

Heero smiled a small smile before capturing her lips again with his.

~ The End ~

*Angel pops up with Duo*

Hiya!

*Duo waves*

I thought that I would take this time to tell ya all that Tanya helped me out a lot with this ficcy. She is the best muse!

*Duo glares at Angel* And what are we?

*gulps* Okay, I have to admit that you guys are great too! I couldn't write anything if I didn't have great readers to encourage me.

*Duo beams* So that is your cue to review. Angel gets all giggly whenever she see them.

*smacks Duo's arm* Hush! I hope you guys enjoyed this! And I am going to go work on one of my other fics that I should be doing. Or I could write another ficcy.

*Duo sighs and drags Angel away* bye!