Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Snow Storm ❯ Snow Storm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was yet again winter for the pilots. Having to do two, three day long missions in the snow and cold. And their Gundams didn't even have heaters! They were in another safe house and Duo was sick of it. He loved being able to be with Heero whenever they didn't have missions; ever since their confessions of love they were inseparable! Heero only showed him emotion while the others weren't around but Duo knew that Heero loved him and that he love Heero as well. But Heero had been acting oddly lately, something Duo couldn't quite tell what.

Then one morning Heero came down for breakfast, Duo knew that he hadn't slept well because he could feel him next to him in the night tossing and turning instead of his calm self. Duo also needed to know what the matter was but didn't want to ask but he had to. Quatre was finishing breakfast when everyone sat down at the small table. Wufei, then Trowa, of course sitting next to his angel Quatre and then Duo and then finally Heero. A cramped and small room and table but they had gotten used to it. Quatre would be going out for a mission today and so he and Trowa had been staying together a lot in the last few days.

"So Heero," Duo said with a mouth full of eggs. "Are you doing alright? You seem to not be having a good time lately and I'm a little worried."

"I'm fine Duo" Heero stated coldly. "I'll be fine." He said while mixing his picante sauce and cheese onto his eggs. [1]

"Fine" Duo rolled his eyes in annoyance and kept eating. The rest of the breakfast was in silence. You could feel the tension at the table but no one spoke.

Soon everyone was finished and they washed their plates, all prepared for another day of either missions or work. Heero had been working on a long report of a mission he had done a little ago, it was fairly simple but it went totally wrong. Duo had gotten worried and came to check on Heero and ended up saving him. Something Heero didn't seem too happy about. Heero got up and went into one of the 2 small rooms that were excuses for bedrooms. It was his and Duo's. Duo quietly followed him… taking caution of Heero to not hear him. Heero sat down at his laptop, something that Duo despised since it was the thing taking his place 75% of the time instead of him. The small black square beeped twice and the screen glowed. Showing all of the features of Heero's face in it's blue light. He began typing away as Duo slowly crept into the room, not wanting to get hit by a flying arm practically made of steel. He calmly sat on the bed and Heero turned around to look at him.

"I knew that you followed me, why did you even bother with being quiet?" Heero said with bitterness in his voice.

"I want to know what is the matter with you. Why are you acting so coldly to me since you got back yesterday?" Duo asked quietly… staying very calm to not anger Heero anymore than needed.

"Nothing is the matter!" He almost shouted cruelly before turning back to his laptop and pulling up the file he had been working on.

"This is about what happened the other day, when I had to come and save you… isn't it?" Heero didn't reply, he just kept typing away. "You're upset since I had to come and save you and if I hadn't you wouldn't be here right now… isn't it?!"

Heero turned again, this time glaring at Duo. "Yes, it is. You know I can't stand taking help from anyone and I could have handled it just fine by myself. I didn't need your help or anyone else's!"

"If I hadn't been there in time you wouldn't be here right now and this is the thanks I get?????" Dup said standing up and upset. "Well if you don't need my help then I guess I will leave." And with that Duo walked out of the room slamming the door behind him, very quickly running down the stairs.

"Fine! I don't need your help anymore!" Heero shouted after him.

Duo was walking out into the cold; he hadn't taken his jacket with him and was regretting it now. He thought about going back for it but would just get yelled at by Heero. <Fine… it he doesn't want me around then I won't be around> he thought to himself. It was Christmas Eve and Quatre would be almost done with the dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, gravy and dressing. But he wasn't hungry, and Heero wouldn't want him there to celebrate anyway. He sat down in the woods; it had been snowing for a little while and was starting to get on him. Duo shivered and brought his knees up to his chest, clutching them tightly, getting shivers from the snow and coldness. The snow was starting to come down harder now; Duo couldn't even see 3 feet in front of him. Tears welled up in his eyes from thinking about Heero.

<Why should I care?> [It's because you love him] <I know that!> [You care and worry about him because you love him] <I know… but he doesn't love me back so I shouldn't care what happens to him!> [But you do anyway] <Shut up!>

Duo hated the two voices that were bickering inside his head. He sat there… freezing in the snow as he laid on his side and closing his eyes.

Heero stood up from his laptop and walked down the stairs to be greeted by a very pissed off Quatre.

"What did you do to him?!?!?!" Quatre almost yelled at Heero.

"I answered his question." Heero replied in a cold, monotone voice.

"Duo isn't here Heero! He left! Did he even have a jacket on??? What was he wearing?????"

"I think just his pants and his t-shirt." Heero said, seeming not to care.

"Pants and a t-shirt!!! Goddamnit Heero!! Look outside!" Quatre pointed to the window and Heero's eyes grew big. "Have you even looked to see the weather out today???"

"Oh my god, Duo…" Heero said, running to the closet and getting is coat, grabbing a blanket as well. "I have to go and find Duo. He can't die…"

"You have better. And if you don't bring him back alive I swear on Allah that you will not forget this day!"

Heero ran out of the house after grabbing a small flashlight off of the table as well. Rolling up the blanket and sticking it inside of his coat, turning on the light and calling out Duo's name.

"Duo! If you can hear me… say something!" No response… "Duo, if you can hear me… I'm sorry…" Still no response… Heero was nearing the woods. He walked by on of the trees on the edge of the woods and almost fell over, feeling that it had moved he got down and started to push away the snow. It was Duo. "Oh gods Duo, please still be alive." His voice had changed from monotone to pleading. "Please hang on." And with that he pulled out the blanket… putting it under one arm he took off his jacket and put it on Duo. Then zipping it up and laying the blanket over Duo for extra warmth. He picked the boy up, his body falling limply into his arms. Heero cradled the boy in his arms to him making sure his head was resting against his shoulder to not cause harm to his neck. Heero started whispering into Duo's ear. "Please hang on… we're almost there, please Duo." His voice was pleading, but he didn't care.

After walking for about 40 min back the other direction he could see the outline of the small building they were staying in. To Heero's surprise, one of Duo's arms moved slightly. Heero cradled the smaller, pale boy to his chest whispering into his ear. "Duo, stay still, we're almost there." Duo had so many questions racing through his head but he stayed still… knowing what Heero had done.

They finally came up to the door and Heero kicked a few times at it since he couldn't get to the knob. Quatre opened it and let them in.

"Quatre, bring me a cup of warm tea, another blanket or two, and a warm cloth in a bowl of warm water, please." Heero said in a soft voice, sitting down on the floor against the couch in front of the small fire.

"Alright." Quatre said quietly, understanding and hearing the love in Heero's voice for Duo.

Quatre came back a few minutes later with the things that Heero had asked for and quietly left the room, joining the other two in Wufei's room talking about what had happened.

Heero had already removed Duo's jacket and boots, taking off his priest's shirt to leave him in his pants and a white undershirt. Duo, still too numb to move much was being cradled in Heero's arms, his head resting to Heero's shoulder.

"Duo… I'm sorry, I shouldn't have acted the way that I did and I'm sorry." All Duo could do was lay against Heero while he held him close, lightly pressing the cloth to his arms and exposed skin, but not too hot to burn Duo. Every once in a while Heero picking up the warm tea and letting Duo take a drink.

About two hours later Duo had come around and was holding onto Heero, he hadn't moved from that position on the floor against the fire, all the time holding Duo to him. But Duo now had his arms around Heero, knowing that this wouldn't last and this was a one time only thing just because he was cold and sick. That was the only reason Heero was treating him like he was.

"Are you alright Duo?" Heero asked softly, seeing that Duo had come to and was conscious enough now to talk and move.

"Yes, I'm fine." Duo got out, still tired but doing fine now. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you come and save me?"

"I couldn't let you die Duo, you're a very good fighter."

"So is that all I mean to you?!" Duo leaned back, almost shouting at Heero.

"No, you didn't let me finish. You are also a very good friend to all of us, and I love you."

Duo's eyes grew wide as he gazed into Heero's, not believing what he heard. Heero cupping the back of Duo's head with his hand and brought it to his shoulder… gently resting his chin on his shoulder. Duo wrapped his arms around Heero and a tear fell down his cheek.

"Don't cry Duo, why are you sad?"

"I'm not sad, it's a tear of happiness… because I love you too Heero." Heero's eyes opened a little more in shock and then squeezed Duo to him, holding him close as they sat in front of the fire. Heero glanced at the clock; it was 1 AM, Christmas morning already. He knew that Quatre had put up the food and they would get some in a little bit. Heero rocked Duo gently in his arms and then whispered into Duo's ear…

"Merry Christmas Duo." Duo was in shock again but them his face softened at the sight of Heero's and smiled, them leaned in and softly placed his lips to his. Heero gently parted his and they softly kissed, just as Quatre walked into see the two and smiled… happy for the two of them to finally admit it to each other.

It was a very Merry Christmas for everyone that year.

~*~Owari~*~

Eeep! * runs and hides * review please

[1]- it's good… you should try it... I know… I'm weird ^_^;;