Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So Yesterday ❯ Comfortable Liar ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own gundam wing

Chapter 1


Comfortable Liar

Broad is the sea

The salt enters the wound

My take on you is simple

Time spent waiting off shore

The calm before the storm

My take from you is simple

*****

The silence that filled the safe house was unnerving. Even though the four other gundam pilots, Quatre, Heero, Wufei and Trowa, would all deny it, they liked having Duo's cheery voice around to fill the emptiness. It was as soon as Duo set his foot in the door that they would just end up wishing for him to leave again. Also, this unbearable heat wave that was carpeting the area at the time wasn't helping in anyone's spirits either. They were too bothered to do anything. Quatre and Trowa were playing a wholesome game of chess, while Heero typed away at his laptop…doing something. Wufei, well he was no where to be found, but he was most likely sitting, sulking, as usual, looking as if he was trying to find an inner-self or something.

`That is the third game in a row Trowa.' Quatre said in awe as Trowa got his third win.

`Your just not paying enough attention, Quatre, that's all' he replied simply. `I think it is about time for something to eat, would you two like something as well?' he asked looking at both Quatre and then at Heero's back with a stoic refection in his eyes.

`Anything will be fine.' Heero murmured, and continued to tap on his laptop.

`We should make something easy, Trowa, I'll help you.' Quatre stood up off the chair he was sitting in while he was playing chess. `I think salads would be great. We wouldn't want to really heat up the house anymore than it already is with the stove being in use. By the way, where is Wufei?'

`If he wants something, he'll make it himself. He doesn't like favors from anyone so don't bother trying to be nice Quatre.' Heero told him in his famous emotionless voice.

`We just have to give him time. I'm sure he'll warm up to us as time goes on……… we just have to show him that we're here and that we care.'

`Quatre, he's only willing to fight `with us' if you must, because we are stronger this way. It has nothing to do with friendship with him, it has to do with pride.' Heero spat out suddenly, never turning around to face them.

`But-' Quatre started but noticed Trowa's look to just drop it. Quatre sighed and continued into the kitchen.

`I just don't see why he is so bitter at times. Duo seems to be the only one he gets along with and that is a diminutive amount.' He went to the fridge and took out some cold cuts, lettuce and the margarine, while Trowa fetched the bread.

*****

Duo stretched at he walked up to the safe house. Hiding his gundam wasn't bad enough, but no one was there to pick him up. He was really looking forward to a nice ride home, but instead he had to walk the rough terrain.

`My gundam is going to need some serious repairs' Duo thought to himself as he finally walked in the door at 5:30 in the morning. Wufei was sitting at the table looking refreshed and drinking something out of a steaming mug. He was barley startled when the tired and dirty looking Duo opened the door.

`What are you still doing up?' Duo asked quite upset.

`I got up at five Duo, why are you so late?' ha questioned.

`Why am I so late? Is that a trick question? I'm so LATE cause someONE didn't come and pick me up!' He shouted angrily, throwing his small bag to the ground and walking to the stairs. `You're lucky I'm tired.' He pointed his finger threateningly at him. Wufei just merely nodded.

`You should have something to eat Duo, would you like me to make you something?'

Duo stopped dead in his tracks. `Did you just offer to do something nice for me?'

Wufei rolled his eyes and then said, `I don't have to. I just thought that maybe you'd like something to eat after such a long mission.'

Duo came back down stairs in a brighter mood then he was two minuets ago. `Are you serious? That's awesome… …… I would like-'

`Your getting eggs and toast.' Wufei told him arrogantly.

`Wow, you read my mind!' said Duo sitting down at the kitchen table crossing his arms on it and lying his head down on them.

`Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?' Duo inquired looking up with wide violet eyes.

Wufei froze for a minuet. `I thought you might be hungry, and it's the best I could do since I feel terrible for making you walk home by yourself.' He walked over to the toaster and put two pieces of toast in and pushed it down.

`Is that so? Well that's even better than being picked up! Home cooked meals how I missed the.' Duo rambled on.

`How do you want your eggs?'

`Runny, without that slim on the top. You know what I'm talking about!' he all but shouted.

`Duo you baka! Keep it down.'

Over in the corner Duo's toast popped and Wufei went to butter it. After he was finished with the toast he placed it on a plate and put the eggs on it as well and placed it in front of Duo. He looked absolutely love-stricken at the food in front of him and Wufei rolled his eyes and took a chair near him to finish off his tea.

*****

Okies,

Short I know for a 1st chappa, but you should know me, they always are… please R&R PLEASE It'll get better! ^ ~ Laters!

~Sweet Roses