Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So, You've Fallen into the World of Gundam Wing... ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Doctor, Doctor! I feel like piloting a Gundam”
 
Hello and welcome to the next chapter, today we discuss the pros and cons of being a Gundam pilot.
Unfortunately its mostly cons as there is the small problem of being a rebel factor in the midst of a totalitarian government. But we all want to do it anyway.
 
Pros
Well the most obvious advantage would be that you get to fly in a giant mecha and shoot at people and “stuff”. Oh, and you get all kinds of strange girls attracted to you, ranging from princesses to doctors to psychopaths. And some very odd generals. But anyway, one other advantage is that you get to appear on TV! You also get to fly in space and highjack spaceships! Oh, oh! And you get to play dress up!
 
Well I think that about wraps it up for the advantages, moving on lets look at just why so many people can not be Gundam pilots. And then we can pretend we never read this and get back to our own private fantasies that involve swooping in and saving… Ahem.
 
Cons
Amazingly, fan boys/girls, this section will be quite large.
First off there is the physical endurance of a Gundam pilot, can you set your own bones? Are you able to take a shot to the arm and, more importantly, not bleed?* Are you willing to kill other people who are not the teacher-that-gave-you-a-bad-grade-just-because-you-mixed-up the-times-because-they-changed-them-without-telling-you-and-oh-my-god-I'm-n ot-bitter-I-swear.
You have to be able to live with the fact that you just killed millions of people when you blew up that huge space fortress and it's not really like space invaders at all because you score nil poi. And you will not be able to survive being at the centre of an explosion with only a few cracked ribs and a couple of cuts. You also have to have money. Lots of money. Or shady contacts, who may or may not break your legs if your side of the bargain isn't kept.
One other main con is probably the most important. Your enemy has an entire army at their disposal.
There is one of you.
One fighting against one thousand and being able to walk away unscathed, with no lasting emotional or psychological problems is highly unlikely and whilst one in one million chances crop up nine times out of ten, they don't hold with sneaky battle harden generals who'll heat seeker missile you as soon as look at you.
Or fall in love with you, stalk you or threaten to murder you for even so much as looking at their long lost baby sister, damn you!
Thus concludes the pen-ultimate chapter, I hope you join us again for the last chapter and acknowledge the fact that this writer owns nothing and is merely making an observation.
 
*- Well in my version there was no blood. Personally I blame cartoon network. Because I can.