Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Something to Talk About ❯ Something to Talk About ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Something to Talk About
 
By Velithil
(Duo POV)
People are talking, talking `bout people
I hear them whisper, you won't believe it
They think we're lovers kept under covers
I just ignore It, but they keep saying


I hear the rumors flying around at school. Most about me and my best friend, Heero Yuy. People are always wondering if we are lovers and just don't want them to know. But we are just friends, so I just keep ignoring the rumors. 
We laugh just a little too loud
We stand just a little too close
We stare just a little too long
Maybe they're seeing, something we don't, Darlin'


They say the when we are together that we stand to close the each other to be just friends. That we are always together, always laughing. That we look at each other longer then friends should. Maybe they are seeing something that I just can't see. Maybe there is something there. 
Lets give them something to talk about
Lets give them something to talk about
Lets give them something to talk about
How about love?


Maybe I should talk to Heero about it. Yeah I'll talk to Heero about it. The only problem is that he doesn't know I want to make those rumors true. I want him and bad. If we ever did get together it would be the talk of the whole school. Oh what am I kidding. He will never fall for me. I find Heero at lunch at our usual table.

“So Heero, did you hear the rumor flying around the school?” I asked.

“No,” was his one word reply.

“Well I guess I could..uh tell you.. Its about you .. and..” 
I feel so Foolish, I never noticed
You'd act so nervous, could you be falling for me?
It took a rumor to make me wonder
Now I'm convinced I'm going under


(Heero's POV) 

I see sitting across from my best friend and crush. Of course I heard the rumor and it made me realize that maybe I am in love with him. I feel so foolish that it took a rumor to get me realize that I love him and I never noticed it before. But he seems awfully nervous about telling me the rumor. Could he possibly be in love with me? Naw most likely he is just uncomfortable with the idea. 
Thinking `bout you every day
Dreaming `bout you night
Hoping that you feel the same way
Now that we know, lets really show it, Darlin'


“That you an I are lovers,” Duo finally spit out. I don't answer him. All I do is shrug my shoulders. I think about him day and night and sometime I have a hard time facing him. The hurt I see in his eyes make me hop that he loves me.

“Duo, I..I love you.”

“What?” He looks so cute when he is confused.
I take a deep breath and spoke again. “I love you.” And waited for his reply. His face showed shock at first, then happiness.

“Really?” I nodded. “I love you too How about we really give then something to talk about.” I nodded. Our face getting closer together to meet in a simple kiss. 
Let's give them something to talk about
A little mystery to figure out
Let's give them something to talk about
How about love, love, love?


(Normal POV) 
The entire cafeteria watched as the two kissed. There were three very smug faces in the crowd. 

“See I told you two it was a good idea to start that rumor.” said Quatre.

“Yes you did little one, yes you did.” Replied Trowa.

“I think its about time they got together. The sexual tension was getting to be unbearable.” Said Wufei. They continued to watch the couples first kiss. 
Lets give them something to talk about
Lets give them something to talk about
Lets give them something to talk about
How about love, love, love, love?
 
~fin~