Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ Meet the New Recruits ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tank Police Division 195
Chapter One: Meet the New Recruits

Staring up at the building he could hardly believe it. All those years at the academy preparing for this moment and all he could do was gape up at his assigned post, Tank Police headquarters for the 195th division, Domino City.
Crystal blue eyes once again roved over the thirty story building.

// Well I won't get anywhere standing around like an idiot. // And with that resolution he straightened his new uniform and went inside.

After giving his name to the receptionist, he was directed towards a waiting room. There were four other young men in the room. The one closest to the door was a Chinese youth with midnight black hair pulled into a tight ponytail. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be meditating.

Sitting in a chair opposite the first boy, a taciturn-looking guy with the one of the strangest hairstyles he'd ever seen; bangs that defied gravity obscured half of his face, his one visible eye was focused on the magazine he was reading. By the window, a third man was leaning on the sill looking out at the city. Two things caught the blonde's attention as he observed the other person: First was the long braid trailing down his back; it had to be at least three feet long. Second were his eyes. Wide, blue-violet, and expressive; right now they seemed reflective, as if he were remembering something.

The final occupant was leaning against a wall with his head bowed slightly, just enough so that you couldn't see his face properly as his messy brown locks did a good job of hiding it. So far, his presence had gone unnoticed by the others and he decided to join the guy at the window. That's some view. The other man turned to face him and grinned.

Sure is. Almost makes you forget about all the criminals, terrorists, and psychos out there.

Some people say the same things about the people in here. They both laughed. The long-haired youth was about to reply when Captain Scot walked in the door getting everyone's attention. He ran a hand through his red hair.

oh great, they sent me a bunch of kids. He muttered. Oh well, at least only one of them is fresh out of the academy. Louder he said. Are you the new recruits? They nodded. My name is Captain Douglas Scot, I'm your new
Commanding Officer. You will address me as either Captain or Sir. Now let me see who's who hereYuy, Heero. The blonde looked around to see who responded. The guy with the messy hair looked up. You're the transfer from the military, aren't you?

Yes, sir. Heero replied. I was with their tank corp. for two years.

So why'd you leave? Says here you requested to be transferred.

Got bored. The captain thought about that for a moment and then laughed.

With no war to fight I would be bored too. He chuckled some more as he read the next name on the clipboard. Winner, Quatre.

Here, sir. The crystal-eyed youth piped up.

You're the academy assignment, huh. Scot looked him up and down. You remind me of that guy in the picture over there. He said, pointing at a picture with an oak frame. Underneath it was a small sign: Al Cu Ad Sulte, co-inventor of mini-tank Bonaparte. The resemblance was rather uncanny. Both had blue eyes and blonde hair, except Quatre was far more innocent looking.

That's my great-great uncle, sir. Quatre replied.

Really Captain Scot was impressed. This should be interestingChang, Wufei.

Sir. The Chinese guy replied, curtly.

Transfer from the bomb squad. You'll fit right in here. Barton, Trowa.

Here,Captain. The guy with the weird bangs said.

Says here you were originally with the Red Commandos. What made you quit, I hear the pay is really good.

I didn't like their philosophy. Trowa said simply, his voice quiet but firm.

Well what do ya know, a guy that went through R.C. boot camp and came out with his morals. That just leaves you. The captain turned to the braided young man. So you're the infamous Duo Maxwell. Said young man smirked. You're the kid raised by the Hellraiser division in Fusion City. The others blinked at this and looked at Duo quizzically.

That's me. Duo said. Oh, and Captain Mair sends his regards.

Good old 'Fishy' Mair! Wasn't he the least bit upset that I'm taking away his
precious little boy?

He only swore to kill whoever made the decision thirty-seven times.

I'll get him a new rifle, that'll calm him down. Anyway boys, you'll find that we do things a little differently here at the 195th. It's tough out there and we have to be even tougher. We are one of the toughest precincts in the entire country

And we've also got the second highest rating for excessive damages! an angry voice yelled from behind the door. A tall brunette stormed in.

Good afternoon chief. Captain Scot said.

Don't you 'good afternoon' me! Chief Une screeched. Representative Peacecraft just left here The mayor is sick and tired of you and your squad constantly destroying public and private property every time you make an arrest! We are the second most destructive precinct in the country!

Really? the captain said, surprised. Who's ahead of us?

Aargh! Une howled and stomped out of the room.