Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ A Lead, a Mysterious Man, and Hog Riding! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Nine: A Lead, a Mysterious Man, and Hog Riding!

Andy strolled down the halls in a fairly successful attempt to look casual. Une was on the warpath since Duo's revenge. Truthfully, he felt a little bad about the Chief's clothes being ruined, but that quickly passed as he recalled all the time she made him retrieve said outfit from the cleaners.

Another thing he had to be glad about today was that Officer Maxwell had finished the motorcycle he promised Andy. Basically he had gotten an old bike from the scrap yard and fixed it up even better than new. The older man had wondered why the owner had thrown it away in the first place when the frame and most of the engine were still in good condition. Andy chalked it up to vanity. The bike had probably belonged to some spoiled brat who would rather get a new bike than fix the old one.

Further up the hall, Sally and Trowa were hauling some stuff from the evidence room. What's all that? Andy asked as they approached.

Une wants some guys to take another look at this stuff from the Tseratopolis arson case. Sally replied, shifting the box she was carrying in her arms. Captain Scot, Sargeant Peacecraft, and Officer Noin are back at the scene getting some more. Chief Une thinks we may have missed something under all the rubble. Most of the large articles have been cleared out so now they can get a better look.

Meanwhile we're stuck playing pack mule. Trowa groused.

Welcome to my world. Andy said sarcastically. Ummm, do either of you know where Officer Maxwell is?

He and the others are in the cafeteria.

Thanks! Andy rushed off down the hallway and headed for the elevator.

What's he so happy about? Sally inquired. The tall man smirked.

I'll tell you one of these days.

It turned out that Heero and Quatre had left the cafeteria around the time Trowa
had; Wufei and Duo were still there, however.

You've got to be shittin' me! Duo exclaimed.

I shit you not. Wufei smirked.

Do you think you could make me one?

If you fix my car for me I'll show you how to make 'em yourself. (1)

You've got yourself a deal Wufei my man. Duo turned around to see Andy walk through the door. Hey kid! Come to pick up your new bike?

Hey Officer Maxwell, Officer Chang. Andy greeted.

How many times do I have to tell you to call me Duo? There's no need to be so
formal with me. Duo admonished.

Sorry, force of habit.

Ah well, let's go get your bike. You comin' with, Wufei?

I may as well. The black-haired officer shrugged, and followed the pair to the
elevators.

Elsewhere, Noin, Zechs, and Captain Scot were going through the rubble with a fine-toothed comb.

I still don't know what Une's expecting us to find in herebesides burnt books
that is. The captain muttered.

H ey, we might find a clue to who this 'Keeper' person is. Noin said optimistically.

Or maybe even a copy of the latest issue of 'How to Kill Magazine'(2). Zechs
teased.

We would be so lucky Captain Scot snorted, kicking a rather charred copy of 'How We Know What Isn't So' by Thomas Glovich. It landed in a corner, and knocked over a stack of equally (if not more so) charred books.

Now sir, there is no need to vent your frustrations on innocent literature. Noin mock-scolded as she picked through the burnt remains of a desk. She pulled out a slightly scorched, green, leather-bound journal. Curious, she opened it.

The first few pages were blank, but flipping through the book some more revealed, upon closer inspection, traces of words. Noin frowned and continued to leaf through the book, more words were on the next set of pages but less clear. She sniffed the pages. Lemon juice? she mused aloud. Hey captain do you have a cigarette lighter?

I didn't know you smoked, Noin. The captain murmured, tossing last month's copy of 'Doilies and You' over his shoulder.

I don't, I think I've found something. It looks like the old guy kept a journal.

So what do you need a cigarette lighter for?

The writing's in lemon juice. (3)

Eh? Say what?!

There she is. Duo waved his hand dramatically towards a midnight blue motorcycle, the paint job begging to have hands run over it.

Wow Andy breathed. It's justwow

I must admit, Maxwell that that's a pretty amazing job you did. Wufei breathed
in awe.

If you think the restoration job is good, wait until you see how it runs. Duo was obviously pleased with the reaction he was getting.

As the three pored over the motorcycle, a car pulled up four parking spaces down. A man stepped out two minutes later.

He was rather tall and wore a long, brown trench coat. Underneath that was a gray business suit. The three tank police employees stopped what they were doing to watch him as he walked; a purposeful, self-assured, almost regal stride. His
hair was hidden under a felt hat and his eyes by dark sunglasses. He gave a
cursory glance towards the three other men and then went into the elevator.(4)
It was a little while before anyone spoke.

I s it just me, or is that guy kinda creepy? Andy asked in an almost whisper.
Before either Wufei or Duo could answer, Heero came in with an amused look on
his face.

Duo, your stuff is here. He announced.

Already? Duo smirked, forgetting about the stranger in the trench coat for the moment. Looks like we'd better get set up then.

Do I even want to know? Andy sighed, absently rubbing his hand over the seat of his new motorcycle.

You probably do, but you're better off n ot knowing. Duo replied. Where's
Trowa?

Evidence room. Why? Heero asked.

Because this is a four-man hob and Quatre probably won't help us. Enjoy your bike Andy! C'mon guys, let's get Trowa and get on with part two of my Revenge Symphony.

It turned out that Trowa couldn't get away from evidence room duty yet, so the
three delinquents were stuck convincing Quatre to assist them. The blonde was
adamant at first, but (with a little cajoling and a few death threats) he
joined the band of pranksters.

This is stupid. Quatre muttered, shifting uncomfortably in the saddle.

Oh c'mon Q, live a little! Duo said, adjusting his hat. At that moment, Wufei came running into the hallway.

Une's coming. He reported.

Great! Heero, if you would be so kind Heero smirked and turned on the portable stereo he was carrying.

YEEHA!!!! Duo whooped as he and Quatre spurred their mounts into the hallway.

Chief Une walked purposefully through the hall, skimming through a reasonably sized stack of papers she was carrying. The people in accounts were really starting to tick her off. The sound of bellowing hogs and strains of the song 'Rawhide' were the only warning she received before she was mowed down; the papers scattered across the hall and Une sat up just in time to catch a glimpse of two figures wearing cowboy outfits and mounted on large hogs disappear around a corner (5).

HELP!! Get me off of this thing! Quatre cried, not enjoying the rather bumpy ride in the least.

Yippee kai yi yay! Get along little hoggy! Duo cheered. The whooping and hollering continued as they passed the evidence room. Trowa, wondering what all the noise was, poked his head out the door just as Quatre and Duo zoomed by.

You two are nuts, you know that?! he yelled to them.</p><p>Wasn't
my idea! Quatre yelled back. Une came barreling down the hall a moment later.

WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU she screamed.

Ride like the wind boys!! Trowa yelled. Inside the evidence room, Sally shook her head as she made a note in the catalogue.

Never a dull moment around here. She sighed.



(1) What are those two talking about? That's a mystery even to me at this point.

(2) Heh heh, that magazine is actually part of the Tank Police universe and does not belong to me.

(3) When I was a kid, my friends and I used to write messages to each other in lemon juice. If you use enough of it, when you ran a hot iron over the paper, the message would appear!

(4) Okay smart alecks, guess who this guy is!

(5) Stampede!!! LOL