Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The 6th Pilot ❯ The beinging of the end ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Gundam Wing! I am just 'borrowing' the characters; I will give them back to their rightful owners when I am done with this fic! I am making no money with this.
Setting: The setting (for awhile) is in the Winner Mansion, on Earth. I don't know if there is one, but there is for this Fic. It's also right near the beach, which you'll see early in the fic. Also this is taking place when OZ was still around, and the war was right in the middle.
(...) Author's notes
'...' Thoughts
"..." Talking
(Heero's Point of View)
Year AC 195


The 6th Pilot
Part 1

The day started out like any other. Duo was eating half the house for breakfast; Wufei was grumbling about Duo making a mess, Trowa was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, and Quatre was drinking his morning tea, and smiling at his 'friends'.
I don't know how Quatre can smile so brightly when there's a war going on outside. I think he does it to keep everyone in high spirits; well it works for the most part. He amazes me sometimes. He looks so innocent, but he's not in the least.
They all looked up when I entered the dining room. Trowa nodded his hello, Wufei looked up and then went back to reading the newspaper, Quatre smiled even bigger then before, if that's possible. And Duo… "Hey Heero! What's up man?" He can be very annoying at times. I just grunted in return.
I walked over to my laptop and turned it on, and started to type away. Working on my computer helped me think. That's why I did it so often. I was only working for 5 minutes when Duo piped up. "Hey, I'm bored… Lets do something fun today!"
I'd have to admit, it's been a slow week. There's been no missions or attacks. We're just sitting around and doing nothing.
"We could go to the beach." I heard Quatre reply. Then I heard a screeching noise and looked over to see Duo stand right up almost throwing his chair across the room. He nodded his head, up and down, up and down. (You get the idea.)
"Yeah, yeah!"
"…" was my response. I wasn't to thrilled about the idea. Even though I've never really been to the beach, except when I crashed landed, and she found me.
Trowa nodded his head. But I could tell he was thinking the same thing I was. (With out Relena)
Wufei snorted. He didn't care either way, as long as he was left alone.
Yup just another normal day in the Winner household. We were staying at Quatre's house till we had a mission or someplace to go. He said he didn't mind. I think he liked the company.
"Alright, it's settled. We're going to the beach." Duo's voice sounds really excited. Maybe he's never gone to the beach before, for fun anyways. I know he's been there for missions.
-------/***\-------

We arrived at the beach and hour later. We took 30 minuets to get ready, and 30 minuets to get there. Even though it's only a 10-minuet ride.
Duo thought it might be fun to annoy Wufei while he was driving. We kept pulling over, so Wufei could stop/hit/kill Duo. Finally I decided it would be best to just tie up Duo. Quatre, and Trowa help me hold him down.
"Alright, now can some PLEASE untie me?!" I stared at him, and just smirked and started walking towards where the other's where setting up the blankets. "Aw come on Heero!" He cried, "I was just trying to have some fun!" I sighed softly, and walked over to him and untied him. "Thank you!" And with that he ran over to where the others were on the beach.
I walked over to them slowly, taking in the scenery. It was about noon so the sun was high overhead. The sun's rays danced on the ocean waves. The waves crashed to the shore with a giant white splash. It was high tide.
Quatre was wearing a red pair of swimming trunks (everyone always puts him in Speedos), and no shirt. He has no tan, so he is completely white. At least he'd get a tan, and not 'light' up the room whenever he walked in.
Trowa was wearing a green pair of swimming trunks with no shirt. He wasn't as pale as Quatre, but he was still white.
Wufei, from what I saw before he started chasing Duo with a sharpened stick, was wearing a gray and white pair of swimming trunks, and no shirt, he to was white. He looked a little pissed off; I'm guessing cause he wasn't allowed to bring his sword or gun on the beach. He had to leave them in the car.
Duo was wearing a blue and white Hawaiian pair of swimming trunks, no shirt. He was just as white as Quatre. I think that's the only thing he 'owns' that isn't black.
I, on the other hand, was wearing a black pair of swimming trunks, with a white tank top. I don't like showing off my white chest. When I got to the area the guys picked out I sat down on the blanket and just watched Wufei trying to kill Duo, and Quatre trying to get them to stop. Trowa sat next to me. We weren't ones for having fun. To many thoughts where going through my head, like why we haven't gotten any missions, or why OZ hasn't attacked anything, or bothered trying to find us.
I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud explosion. I jumped to my feet and looked at Trowa. I saw smoke coming out of a nearby building. I jump a little when Quatre came up behind me and touched my shoulder. I didn't even notice him come up to us. I ran over to investigate.
"Oi, Heero! Where you going?" Yelled Duo, from behind.
"I'm going to see what happened." I told them, and started off again. I noticed that Trowa was curious too, and he followed along side of me. I didn't mind Trowa coming along; he's not as loud as Duo.
When we got closer to the building I started hearing gunshots going off, and pulled out my gun I got from the car. When we got closer I noticed some bodies lying around. There was blood everywhere. And the people didn't look they had much of a chance at all. Their bodies where just to badly damaged. I wasn't really interested with them till Trowa walked out in front of me and rolled on over to look at his face. "They have OZ uniforms on. This must have been one of their hideouts."
I started looking around and that's when I saw someone looking at us, and then running away from the sight. Trowa saw him to and went after him. I stayed behind to find out more on what happened. That's when I saw one of the men move slightly. I walked over to him. "Hey what happened?" I asked him softly. Who'd a thought I'd be asking an OZ officer for information, face to face. I guess he couldn't see very well, which worked to my advantage, cause he addressed me as Major.
"Sir, there was an enemy attack. The explosions started in the west wing." He went silent for a moment. "I'm sorry sir. I let you down. I should have listened to the warning sooner." After that he passed out and stopped breathing.
-------/***\-------
When Trowa came back he said the guy got away. Which surprised me a little, because Trowa was the fastest runner of all of us. I told Trowa what the solider said, but I left out a few minor details, like him apologizing.
We started heading back to the others when other OZ troops started showing up. So we left. When we got back to the others, we told them what we think happened, including the part about the other guy. That's when Quatre piped up, "So, someone else is on our side." There are not many other people out there that are still on our side. Or even support us. I just shrugged. I don't know what he wanted, or even if he's trying to defeat OZ as well. "Maybe we should head back to my place, and find more about what happened off the OZ computer's." I knew he meant for me to hack into the OZ computers. I nodded.
The car ride back to the safe house was surprisingly quiet. I peeked into the rear-view mirror to see Duo was just sitting there, and looked deep in thought. So did everyone else.
When we arrived back at Quatre's house we all headed for the front door, as Quatre was looking through his pockets for the keys. When he finally found them he opened the door, and I went straight for my laptop.
I look at the clock; it was only 12:30pm. I started typing away at my laptop, only to find that Oz put up a little more security. It was 3:00pm when I finally hacked into their computer system. Tons of information popped up and scrolled all over the screen. I started looking for their latest reports. It's been 2 ½ hours since the bombing so they must have reported it in already. When I found what I was looking for I read it aloud to everyone who was waiting to hear what I've found. "The explosion at the Seaside Base was cause by an unknown enemy. We suspected a Gundam Pilot. We are still looking for any survivors. The total number of dead so far is 121 soldiers, and 2 civilians." I smirked, and I paused for a moment to read the rest of the information, which was useless babble, and the list of the dead. "That's all they have." Then I turned to face the others.
"So they have as much information as we do, basically." Trowa replied.
"So what should we do now?" Wufei asked.
"We could look for clue's. Who knows maybe this new guy could be useful." Quatre suggested. "So we know if he's an enemy or ally."
"Maybe we should just leave him to do his own thing. I just have a bad feeling about this… This guy could be just as good as we are, or even better." Duo stated. I had to agree with him.
"…Lets just see what happens. I have a feeling we'll met again in the near future." I said, 'This guy can't be better then us, no one is better then us' I thought to my self.
-------/***\-------
I was working on my Gundam in the hanger behind Quatre's house. It needed a tune up, when I saw Duo running in. He looked very excited, like he was going to blow something up, or kill something.
"Baka." I mumbled, as Duo almost fell over the wire. No one could miss them. They were the big, black, thick power cords for the computers. But sure enough he didn't see them.
I could just barley here him mumble "Shit!" as he balanced himself. "Heero! Oi, Heero!" He screamed sounding a bit out of breath. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"
"Hn. What do you want now?"
"We have a mission!" Yep I was right, he was going to blow something up, or kill someone.
"What's the mission about?"
"We've got to destroy a Mobile Suit manufactory. Its about 20 or so miles north of here. We need to use our Gundam's for this one."
"When?"
"As soon as… Ah! Hey guys! Ready?"
They all nodded, Trowa had no emotion on his face, Quatre was a little upset, even after all he's been through he still doesn't like fighting, and Wufei was excited, he just didn't show it.
"All right then, lets go." And with that Duo jumped into his Gundam, Deathscythe Hell. Everyone else, including me, jumped into the cockpit of their Gundam's, and took off.
-------/***\-------
For some reason Wing Zero's cockpit was smaller then I remembered. 'Am I nervous? No! That can't be it. I'm the Perfect Soldier, I don't get nervous.' Then what was it? 'I have a bad feeling about this mission. Something's not right.'
-------/***\-------
Trowa pooped up on the video monitor. "The base is just up ahead. They haven't picked us up on their radar yet." He explained. "Duo's going ahead to get their attention, Wufei and Quatre are going to attack the south side. That leaves you and me to attack the north side."
"Rodger that."
When Trowa and I got to the site, we found the other's just standing around. "What's go…" Then I saw it, or didn't see it. The base was gone. Only a few rubble pieces laying around, but nothing was left that could be recognized.
"What happ…" Trowa's voice was cut off by a something coming over the speaker's.
"Don't worry, I left you guys some fun! Check the East Wing." Just as quick as the voice came in, it was gone.
-------/***\-------
We destroyed the East wing with no problems. 'Who was that?' The voice kind of sounded like a girls. 'But a girl couldn't have done all this damage.' Then I thought of Noin, and Sally. 'Oh yes they can…' and rushed the thought of girl's not being able to fight as well out of my head. Maybe that's who blew up the Seaside Base. No couldn't be it was a guy, or was it?
We were just sitting in silence thinking about what just happened. Just then the warning lights went on in my Gundam. I wasn't close to the others, so they didn't pick it up on their radar. I started looking for what cause the warning lights to go off, and I caught Duo's attention. He started to walk his Gundam towards me.
"Hey Heero, what's wrong?" No later had Duo sad that had his warning lights went on. "What's out there?"
"Don't know, but I'm going to find out." I pushed a few buttons on the consoled I took off flying at the source. Duo was close behind. We stopped dead in our tracks when we saw it.
-------/***\-------
"Is… is that another one? But I thought it was just the 5 of us!" Duo was a little hysterical.
I was almost in shock at the sight of another Gundam. I couldn't stop myself from asking, "Are you an Enemy?!"
No answer.
"Answer me, are you an enemy!"
Still no answer. At this point I'm getting a little annoyed.
"Temper, Temper."
"Who are you? Why did you help us?"
"I didn't help you. Don't think I did. I have my own missions." She started walking away. His gundam's feet making a thunderous noise when it walked.
"Hey where you going?!" Duo screamed.
"Hey now, don't worry. I'll be back another day, Heh. The Angel of Death (1) is always looking for a good fight!"
"Then why don't you fight us?" I heard Wufei call out from behind.
"I don't fight my allies." And with that he was off.
-------/***\-------




1) People say you see an angel just before you die. They call it the Angel of Death. Her/his beauty is far beyond anything anyone's ever seen. Get it? Good!

Well…? What do you think? Let? Dislike? Tell me! R/R!
I know its a little short, but hey! Give me credit! This is my first fic J