Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Years ❯ Changes ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

14 Feb 03

Pairings: ?

Warnings: Wufei's POV, angst, bad words, & violence

Disclaimer: Don't own Gundam Wing

The Dragon Years

AC 200

Year 3: Changes

Preventer HQ

Onyx eyes blinked once and then blinked again. The thing glittered in front of his face and reflected little rainbows. Staring up into Sally's pale blue eyes, Wufei didn't know what to say.

"Well Wufei what do you think?"

Blinking again he gazed at the bright thing on her finger and shook his head.

"Its pretty big isn't it?"

"Well yes, but engagement rings are suppose to be this big."

"I see."

"That's all you have to say?"

Raising an eyebrow at Sally, Wufei let out a little huff before shrugging. What did the woman want him to say? Wow it's so big and pretty? Or maybe I wish I were getting married too. Blinking in shock Wufei wondered were his last thought had come from and why.

"Hey Wufei are you listening to me!"

"Yes."

"Okay then what did I just say?"

Smiling a bit sheepishly at Sally he watched as she threw up her hands in despair. He decided to think about his last thought later on when he was alone.

"I asked if you would give me away at my wedding?"

"What!"

"Oh come on it will be a very honorable thing to do right? And your one of my dearest and closest friends."

Wufei's mouth hung open in shock and he couldn't figure out what to say. Of course it would be an honorable thing to do but to give away ones ex was pretty weird. Seeing the pleading expression on Sally's face didn't help matters either and he had a feeling she would harass him until he gave in.

"Alright Sally I'll do it."

Grunting from the tight hug, Wufei returned the hug and awkwardly patted her on the back. A feeling of regret and memories passed through him, but he shrugged those aside. Whatever had been between him and Sally was in the past. And now he was truly glad that she had found someone else that would make her happy.

"Thank you Wufei."

Watching her leave the room, he sighed softly and turned back to his paper work. Glancing across the desk he noticed the picture frames and hesitantly picked one up. It had been awhile again since he had last seen the other ex-pilots. Sometimes at night when he was feeling lonely he wondered how the others were doing. In his moments of weakness he did wondered what would have happened if he had stayed at Quatre's or even told Heero his fears. Closing his eyes he wondered for the 100th time if he had made the right decision but then again it was to late now. Trowa for one hated him with a passion, Heero probably felt rejected, and he was unsure of the other two. Letting out a tired groan he raked a hand through his hair and closed his eyes.

"Hey Wufei?"

Opening his eyes at the softly spoken words he glanced towards the door. Long blond hair hung over one shoulder and blue eyes regarded him thoughtfully.

"Hello Zechs when did you get back?"

"Just a few minutes ago. I heard that you are going to be Sally's daddy?"

Rolling his eyes at the other man's antics he gestured for him to come in. Wufei watched as Zechs walked towards the chair and plopped down. It was funny how Zechs had befriended him after he had come back from the Terra forming project on Mars with Noin. The two of them barely had anything in common besides the war and maybe Trieze. He sometimes wondered why he even let the other man get close to him but then again he was persistent like Sally. For some reason those two would not let him shut them out of his life and he was truly grateful for that. Perhaps if they had then he would have become a cold unfeeling person or maybe even worse.

"That was a God awful mission Wufei. Man I wish those idiots would stop trying to start the wars again."

Looking at the other man he could tell that he had just come back from a debriefing with Lady Une and appeared tired. There were still idiots out there trying to rebuild mobile suits and the just wouldn't settle for peace. Luckily the Preventers were there to deal with it and had the support of both the Earth and the Colonies.

"I agree but some people just cannot adapt to peace time. Maybe someday with a lot of work and help from our Vice Foreign Minister and the people we will succeed."

Wufei watched the other nod in agreement before he began to yawn.

"Why don't you head back to the apartment and sleep? You must be exhausted from the mission."

"Yeah I had better, I bet Noin is waiting for me and don't stay tand work to late ok?"

Rolling his eyes at the blond he watched as Zechs paused at the office door.

"Um Wufei did Sally tell you that she invited the other ex-Gundam pilots to her wedding as well?"

Ebony eyes widening in shock Wufei, quickly shook his head in denial.

"No she didn't."

"I see."

Closing his eyes, Wufei felt a sense of betrayal.

"You knew that someday you would have to face them again Wufei."

Opening them again he gazed at sympathetic blue and smiled sadly.

"I know but I was hoping it would be later rather then sooner. I guess I am a coward and a dishonorable person after all."

Zechs turned around from the doorway and walking over, quickly pulled him into his arms. Returning the hug awkwardly Wufei rested his head against the other's shoulder and sighed softly.

"Your not a coward or dishonorable Wufei. Sometimes when we are hurting or afraid we will lash out at those we care about. You only shoved the others away because you were afraid that you would either hurt them somehow or get them killed right?"

Nodding his head slowly he felt Zechs tighten his hug in reassurance before he let go. Gazing up into warm blue eyes he smiled sadly and watched the other return it.

"Don't worry Wufei I will be there along with Noin, Sally, Lady Une, and Mariemeia. You won't be alone to face the others at all okay? And remember you are not the same person anymore, in fact I like the new Wufei better."

Glaring at the other man, he watched as he laughingly fled the room. Sitting back down in his chair again, he thought over Zechs's words and knew that he was right. He had changed in the last year or so thanks to his friends and his psychiatrist. Hopefully he could get through the wedding and maybe settle some things with the other pilots. Or at least be civil at the wedding for Sally sake.

*

TBC

Good lord that chapter was hard and I hope it makes some sense hmm. Aw well did write it late at night hehe. Review please.