Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Years ❯ Dishonor and Lies ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

1 Jan 03

Pairings: ?

Warnings: Wufei's POV, angst, bad words, & violence

Disclaimer: Don't own Gundam Wing

The Dragon Years

AC 199

Year 2.3: Dishonor and Lies

Stepping into his apartment a few days later, Wufei closed and then leaned against the door. The session with Lady Une had been grueling before the woman had deemed him fit for active duty again. Growling under his breath he pushed away from the door before stalking over to the kitchen. The evil woman would only let him have a desk job for now and then perhaps field duty later. Flinging open the refrigerator door, he reached inside before grabbing a bottle of water. Slamming the door, Wufei turned around and headed over to the sofa. Plopping down on it he sighed and took a drink of water.

It had been a hectic few days and he was glad that it was the weekend. He had left L4 right after his phone call and shower, and didn't even return to Quatre's mansion for his things. Wufei had felt slightly guilty by doing this but he did leave a message. It had been about the Preventers calling him back which was a totally lie. It had been a dishonorable thing to do but then again nothing else was going right in his life, so why care. He hoped that the others would forgive his abrupt departure but somehow he doubted this. Somehow he felt that he had burned all his bridges and there was no going back to them again. Closing his eyes he felt tears flow down his cheeks and let out a half sob.

"So Wufei can cry I see."

Gasping in shock Wufei sat up and glanced around the room. Zeroing in on a pair of Prussian blue eyes, he gulped. The other man was sitting on his bed and was glaring at him coldly. The warm Heero Yuy was gone and in his place was the cold soldier from the war.

"What are you doing here Heero?"

Wufei wondered why he didn't see or sense him in the room earlier, but then again Heero was good at not being noticed. Wiping the tears away he watched as the other man stood up and walked over to him. He almost jumped in surprise when the other kneeled down next to him and cupped his jaw with his hand.

"I came to find out why you left us and we didn't even know where you were. You had us extremely worried Wufei, especially Duo and Quatre."

Looking into Heero's eyes, Wufei knew that he spoke the truth and let out a tired sigh. He hadn't meant to hurt the other two but somehow he always hurt the ones he cared about. Maybe it was better that he distanced himself from those he cared about in order to protect them for himself. Jerking his jaw out of the loose grip he turned his head away and gazed at the floor.

"I am sorry for hurting Quatre and Duo. Please convey my apologizes to them for me."

"No."

Glancing back up at the angry retort, Wufei was surprised at how upset Heero looked. The other ex-pilot was glaring at him in rage and he kept gripping his fists. It was the fourth time in his life that he had ever seen the other man show any other emotion then being a cold solider. He was even more surprised when the other stood and then jerked him up by his collar. Wufei gripped Heero's wrists and tried to struggle free without hurting the other boy. His feet barely touched the floor and he couldn't gain any purchase.

"You are a dishonorable coward Wufei! All you ever do is run from your emotions and even from those who care about you!"

Wufei froze in shock and he stopped trying to struggle. He felt so tired all of a sudden and closed his onyx eyes. The hands gripping his collar let go and his feet touched the ground. He wasn't to surprised when strong arms wrapped around him and pulled him against a warm chest.

"Stop trying to push everyone away from you Wufei. All any of us want is to be your friend and family."

Eyes opening wide in aguish he jerked free of the other's hold and turned his back on him. Gripping his hands to his side he lowered his head and felt his loose black hair shield his face. He wondered when his hair had come free from the band but it didn't matter now.

"Get out Heero! Get out now!"

"What?"

Turning around he glared at the Heero and smiled coldly.

"I don't need you or anyone else in my life. Take your pity and friendship and shove it Yuy!"

Wufei watched as the other stared at him in anguish and disbelief. For a moment he wanted to take back those harsh words but quickly stomped that idea. It was better to cut all ties with the other former pilots and never see them again. He watched as Heero's face went cold and all emotions were gone.

"Very well Wufei."

He watched as Heero turned and walked over to the door. Opening the door Heero glanced back at him and smiled sadly.

"Goodbye Wufei. I won't ever see you again as you wish. But I want you to know that I….that I…..love you."

Wufei eye's widened in denial and he couldn't say a word as tears spilled out of pain filled Prussian eyes. He could only stand there as the door closed quietly and the other's footsteps faded away. Dropping to his knee's Wufei fell onto his side and curled into a ball.

"I am so sorry Heero so sorry."

Gazing up at the stucco ceiling, he began to sob bitterly and knew that he had lost something precious. Why did everyone he cared about always get hurt somehow by him? And why couldn't he stop pushing everyone he cared about away? Closing his eyes tiredly, he felt everything slip away and knew nothing more.

*