Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Page ❯ The Page ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is just a short little "one shot" I wrote for creative writing class senior year. It's about a certain love triangle… I figured since it was so short it would be a good choice for my first post.

"The Page"

The young lady sat perched on the edge of her bed, a wrinkled piece of paper gripped between her slender white fingers. There was nothing remarkable about it, just a crumpled page torn out of a journal. She had actually found it tossed on the floor like a piece of refuse. It was the words on this page, scrawled out in brown calligraphy, which caught Angel's attention. These words held her body in a warm trance and brought dewy tears to skim down her cheek. A trembling hand pushed strands of pink hair behind a velvety ear as she continued to read.

From the moment those glistening emerald eyes touched me with their beauty, I knew my heart would forever be in her possession. These cool defenses I've worked so long to perfect were melted when the sweet mellow alto of her voice first flowed in my ear. Why this little pixie has such power over me I cannot comprehend. It could be her hair, the exact color of a winter sunset, as if someone had woven that rosy incandescence into soft strands of silk and draped it upon her head like a veil. Maybe it is her laugh that I love, a bubbly feminine melody full of life and energy. The very sound is a catharsis to my troubled soul. Or maybe it is the way she touches every living thing as if she loves it very deeply. Every night my dreams are flooded with that touch against my skin. The ultimate undying truth is that I love her. With every fiber of my being, every breath that I take, and everything I will ever be, I love her. She is my goddess, my Angel. And all I want to do is shelter her, and hold her, taste all the sweetness of her lips, and kiss away her crystal tears. I want to be the man she loves…

The sepia writing reached the end of the page leaving Angel on a climactic cliff. Though nothing more needed to be said, Angel was thirsting desperately for additional words. The fact that someone would describe her so eloquently made her heart pound. There was only one person who thought about her like this.

"Hey Angie!" A cheerful voice interjected. Angel, yanked suddenly back into reality, looked up to see a pretty heart-shaped face framed in slate colored curls. It was her good friend Terri.

"Whacha readin'?" The girl asked. Angel blushed, a bit embarrassed to share this very personal piece of writing, even with her friend.

"It's just something I found… an old journal entry… I'm certain Duo wrote… nobody else could write like this."

"Ooh, can I read it?" Terri asked, somewhat pleadingly. "Puh-leeeeeez?"

"I guess so." The cat-like lady answered hesitantly. "But don't share it with anyone else. I don't want Duo to feel embarrassed."

Angel's dear friend read the page and as she did, her hand moved from her heart to her lips and her eyes softened and began to mist over.

"Oh wow, Angie…" She sighed. "That is just… wow… I had no idea Duo could be so romantic. You are so lucky to have a husband like that."

"Yeah." Angel responded softly, a smile spreading across her mouth. "I'm the luckiest woman in the universe."

This comment was triggered mainly by the third person that had just entered the room, a tall, attractive young man with dark blue eyes and, most strikingly, a long chestnut braid. He smiled cheerfully and seemed to exude an aura of inner peace. In the man's arms was a small toddler with spiky pink hair and green overalls.

"Mama!" The child cooed delightedly, reaching out his pudgy little hands towards Angel.

"Hello sweetheart!" She chimed sweetly as she scooped up the little boy. Then she gave the tall man a very tender kiss.

"I love you Duo." She whispered in his ear.

"I love you too, Kitten!" He responded quite loudly. "Now come on, why don't you and Tequila and I go for a walk?"

"That sounds perfect." Angel said taking his hand.

Terri exchanged a quick wink with her green-eyed companion as she walked out the door with her husband and son.

"Duo is gonna get lucky tonight!" Terri mumbled cheerfully to herself. Then she turned back to the page and began to read it again from the beginning, wishing her husband would write about her that beautifully.

"Where did you get that?" A low voice grumbled. The voice was accompanied by a dark shadow cast from the doorway. The shadow belonged to Chang WuFei. He was an imposing presence; tan skin covering tightly coiled muscles, long slanted black eyes, and matching hair lashed back in a tight tail.

"Get what?" Terri answered sheepishly, hiding the page behind her back.

"Where did you get it?" He repeated, his black eyes shining like onyx.

"Why is it any of your business, anyway?" The lady sneered.

"Because it came from my journal…" WuFei growled softly.

Terri's eyes widened. She tried to speak but no sound came from her throat. She sat motionless as the Chinese man walked up to her, effortlessly plucked the paper from her fingers, and crushed it in his hand.

"You didn't read this." He hissed. Then, silently, he left.