Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Shifter ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Shifter

The double had barely a split second to spare in order to roll out of the reach of Duo's razor-sharp claws. Of course he just ended up with an enraged cougar positioned on his upper back. Wufei blinked a few times before he asked, "I thought that armlet kept him from transforming." He turned to see Lucht smirking as he tossed the armlet from hand to hand.

A scream forced them to once again focus on the large cat tearing into the body beneath it. "Love leave him be, he could be useful." The cat looked up at the prince, it purred as it left the doppelganger and sat at the blue-eyed boy's side. As his eyes ceased to glow, Heero began to gently pet the upturned furry face.

"Why don't you change back sweet one. As lovely as you are this way, you are ten times more beautiful in human form." A moment later the fey boy was standing beside him. "What should we do with him?" Trowa asked indicating the shivering double that lay prone on the floor in the hall.

"I say we hog tie him." Duo suggested. When the others gave him strange looks he explained. "In my village if a pig is being particularly rowdy we lay him on his back and tie his four legs together in the air." The others chuckled at the mental image this brought with it, of course that was nowhere near as funny as the actual sight.

"Let me go this instant!" The furious false king bellowed from his spot on the floor. They had placed him in the middle of Heero's bedchamber and were currently in a heated discussion. "He was obviously the easier of the two to subdue. Une has magic, I doubt very much that a cougar is going to be able to take her on with very much success." Quatre stated from his place snuggled in Trowa's lap.

"No, my powers as a Forest Shifter would do next to nothing against a mage of her stature. But as Vooruitzicht I might have a better chance. After all, it doesn't matter how supreme the abilities of a magician are, all of their power stems back to the Guardians." Duo said as he playfully stalked the wiggling figure on the floor.

He seemed to take much delight in torturing the doppelganger as he grinned evilly every time it flinched. "If there were a way for us all to summon our former powers I'm sure she could stand no chance against us." Quatre nodded at this. "Unfortunately, we have no idea how to gain access to these abilities. Do either of you remember how it was you transformed into your other half?"

Duo shook his head at this analogy. "It was not a transformation, Quatre, for we did not change. Vooruitzicht was always inside me as Regen is inside you. I did not transform into him, I simply remembered my former life. I am as much Vooruitzicht as I was then, but now I also have my abilities and memories from this life as well. Do you understand?"

"I must admit it is a bit hard to follow, how can you be two people at once?" The blonde asked, truly puzzled. "I'm not. I'm me; I have always been Voory... I just didn't know it. Now I remember the past and what I can do." Quatre nodded suddenly, his eyes sparkling as if a candle had just been lit over his head.

"I understand! We're still the Guardians we just don't remember!" Duo nodded. "Yes, now all we have to do is refresh your memories."

TBC

********************************************************* *************************

Holy butts I'm so behind! "The X-Gene" will be out tomorrow promise and next week I'll be back on schedule!

Calendar!:

Wolfkin chapter 7- Wednesday April 16

The Shifter chapter 9 - Thursday April 17

The X-Gene chapter 4 - Friday April 18