Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth ❯ Captured ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: If you can't protect what you own, you don't own anything. Take that Bandai! Bet you won't go mailing your issues to me!!!


The Truth
Part I


April 9th 209


Heavy footsteps echoed down the dank stone hall, which connected the dungeon to the main hearing room. The air was drenched with the moist smell of moss and urine. The woman, clad in brown rags, shivered as her bare feet padded along the stone floor while being escorted by two armed burly guards.

Approaching the end of the dimly lit tunnel, the 29-year-old squinted her eyes against the sudden increase of light.

The room was humongous. The floor was a beige stone colour, except for the red lush straight carpet that led from all entrances (3 in all) to the North wall where there was a 'throne' chair as well as congress chairs on either sides of it. The walls were the same colour as the floor and the ceiling. Works of art hung on the wall from such as: DeVinchi, Michelangelo, and Florae.

One of the guards pushed his weary captive forward, towards the man seated on the 'throne'. She stumbled; the heavy iron chain that bound her hands and feet rattled in protest. Regaining her balance, blue eyes studied the man she brought before.

Dark brown hair came down in a swooping motion, framing his almost golden eyes, and stopped at his cheeks. His uniform was similar to everyone else she had seen: black pants with a red strip down both sides, a black jacket with red buttons (designed very much like OZ). A numerous amount of medals and ribbons decorated his jacket, indicating that he was important.

He looked at her, amusement sparkling sickeningly in his eyes. She held her head high, defiance evident in her gaze.

"So," he drawled, slouching in his chair, and crossed his arms over his chest. "I finally get the opportunity to meet the great Princess Relena Peacecraft, dove of peace." Seeing no reaction from his sneer, his eyes narrowed with suspicion. "How did you manage to stay hidden for so long? Huh?"

Her posture remained as stiff, as it was when she saw him, and she stared straight ahead. Realizing that she wasn't going to respond, being an impatient man by nature, he lost his demeanor.

"Answer the damn question wench!" he jumped up from his seat. "Do you not realize your current position?" He now stood in front of her, staring boldly into her face. A snarl once again crossed his face and the feeling of uneasiness washed over her as she met his eyes.

All of a sudden her head snapped to the right. He had slapped leaving a stinging sensation on her cheek.

"Joshua," he addressed one of the soldiers by her side. "Take her back to her … cell." This time he laughed, but his chuckle was cut short by the interference of another voice.

"But my lord, Major-General Yuy has made other arrangements for her."

Four heads turned towards the new comer. A short man with long graying hair tied in a low ponytail stood near the east entrance. His right eye twitched as his superior twisted around to face him.

"Explain."

"He instructed us to place her in one of the guest rooms and if anyone had a problem with it, that person should meet him in the combat room."

Relena could see the younger man's teeth grinding in anger and the older gentleman visibly shrank away.

"Fine," he said. "Take her to the guestroom, after that, go tell Yuy to meet me in my office."

The guards that brought her in led her towards the west exit as the man who had slapped her walked to the east. Relena glanced back in time to see what would later have great significance.

The old man bowed before the young, in a show of respect, as he passed. He paused, as he reached to him, and kicked him swiftly. He then looked on his shoe, checking to see if there was dirt on it. The old man lay on the ground, face twisted in pain, and stretched his hand out to the offender's leg. Her vision was blocked as they rounded the corner and Relena tensed even more.

'What kind of people are they? If they treat their allies like that, how much more their enemies?'

*~*~*~*~*



NOTE: This is a dream I had had for a while and I've finally decided to put it on paper. You can keep track of the dates becuase the story-line will be doing hop-scotch. ^_^