Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Z Fighters and The Gundam Pilots - Majin E ❯ Face The Final Plan ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lasher Clounek - Band of Flames
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Fellow fighters of the realm of earth, hang on to me. I am your extra boost needed to climb over the skeletal sinners. I will not let harm come to the innocent as my power displays. Trust that the tactics I use are truthful to safety, whether or not it be the safety of my own body. Though I struggle to win, the victory is not my own, but the victory of the heavens. Understand that the humans were not born to be evil and that they were once innocent children. The real darkness lies in their insecurity, which opens up the path for the unholy serpent. It is too late to save any more flesh, we must drive the demons out of our space, regardless if you refuse to believe my actions. Come and fight with me....for the sake of the ones you love...that they may never be posessed by these clowns. For the ones I have come to love, and the ones that mourn for my sacrifice, do not be afraid...I will secure your world until your time comes.


The song of the nightingales was cut off by the vibration that shook the entire planet. Rivers swallowed up the land. Trees were torn out by the wind and were spinning in circles. Little holes were sucking up the mystical green sand outside of the cold lighthouse.

Lasher Clounek's solid glare hardened as he felt all that was happening, looking on from the deck of the lighthouse. He leaped off of the deck and hovered near the ice that enclosed it which had several cracks in it now, looking as though it was about to shatter.

It would only be a matter of time before everything collapsed. Lasher put a hand over his forehead, closing his eyes, thinking that it was now time for the most crucial event of the planet without a doubt. He had never seen this much damage be done to the earth, and he knew that the power of the evildoer was tremendous.

It was definately not the same power as the spirit that posessed the soldier and the old man previously....it was much stronger. Who was this? What exactly was transpiring? Lasher continued to think that if there were other holy fighters like himself within the continent, they would sense the same danger. He was not going to stand alone against this impossible beast.

Lasher hovered above the lighthouse and looked out into the horizon. Complete darkness. Thunder like never seen before. It was time alright. Lasher looked behind him at the town of Rhydin. Behind Rhydin, he could see the Snowcaps as well. He would never see either of them again. The only thing he would see would be his foe and whatever allies he would stand with when extermination would begin.

Those who needed the serenity of Lasher's protection would soon have it...but no longer in the form of human blood. As he thought to himself, no matter how hard it would be for the ones that needed him to abandon the thought of his humanity, this was far more important....and off he went.

The raging winds failed to hold him back as he flew as fast as he could without losing his control. He dug past the clouds, heading closer in the direction of the colossal demon. No part of the evil could be seen yet, for he was still far from the spot, but it was clear that he was getting substantially closer with every minute.

Lasher had now sensed another power very close to him and looked around carefully. Below him was a young man with short black hair in heavy armor with a gold crystal on the breastplate, holding a large sword, flying at a speed close to Lasher's, heading in the exact same direction.

An ally. Lasher hovered down to the man and flew up next to him. The man turned to look at him and then looked ahead once again, speaking. "You feel it too, huh?" Lasher confidently responded. "Yes, and I'm not about to let anything bad happen now." The armored man nodded. "Perfect. Perhaps there are even more coming to aid us. I'm Arthur Duval."

"Lasher Clounek." They raced faster and faster, the adversary drawing near. A bolt of lightning from the sky struck the man named Arthur, but he shook it off, barely marked. "Damned lightning." Lasher slightly smiled to himself, knowing that the allies he would have would be as strong as they would need to in order to do their jobs.

"Tell me, Arthur...are you farmiliar with the likes of this monster?" Arthur nodded slowly. "I've fought similar powers, but none anywhere near as powerful...which is why I hoped I'd find assistance out here." Lasher nodded and took another look below, looking to see if any other fighters were nearby. He did not see anything.

But then surprisingly a voice came from above. "Hey." Lasher and Arthur looked up to see a man with long white hair and an archaic looking sword in his hand, flying in the same direction. Arthur muttered to Lasher. "How about that..." The man above flew down to the two and looked to them. "Seems you two are also fired up this evening."

Lasher looked below in thought. "I did not even know it was the night. I barely can keep track anymore, but I suppose that does'nt matter now." The man laughed a slight bit and responded. "It sure does'nt. By the way...my name is Sven Kaminari."

"Arthur Duval." "Lasher Clounek." The group, now even more accumulated, continued to fly forward, almost there. After what was a short period of time, their enemy was there....right in front of them. Strangely enough, it was exactly what they expected.

A towering creature of the most pitch kind of color with extremely spiny skin, haunting black eyes with no insides, fingertips like the fins of sharks. Several warriors were standing around the beast with their weapons held high, glowing with power, some of them with an arm or leg rendered immobile.

The three fighters finally touched down near the monster. "Ah, there are more here...and they need our help", said Arthur. The other two nodded. Sven lowered his sword alittle. "Should we stay together or attack from opposite sides?" Lasher then spoke. "It won't matter that much from what direction we attack. We can't waste too much time, let's just get over there now."

Arthur nodded. "You are right. Plan does'nt have much use in cases like this. All that matters is power." With that, the three of them scattered out and made their way around the demon. Arthur instantly spun in a circle as he jumped over the cracks in the ground, plunging his sword into the side of the monster, causing a minor amount of damage to its outer covering.

Sven stood behind the monster and swung his sword fiercely, causing several missle-like beams to come from his sword, striking the monster, not causing that much more damage than Arthur's sword, the demon beast rocking alittle to the side. Lasher hovered into the air and noticed that there was another man standing next to him with a crossbow, firing several flickering arrows at the beast.

Lasher took out his bow and loaded a fire arrow into it, shooting it down. The arrows from Lasher and this man were finding their marks, but no control was really shifting to their side. It now looked like the monster's turn. To everyone's surprise, it leaped into the air and held out both of its arms causing a terrible onslaught of lightning to break the ground apart even further.

Some of the other warriors flew up and slashed their weapons, but the monster threw out its hand and smashed the weapons with its fists, causing small pieces to fall below. The warriors then began coming at him with punches and kicks, also using fireballs to fend off the demon. Sven and Arthur circled the beast's altitude point and joined their swords together, firing a dual shot of power that knocked the monster's head to the side.

Lasher then flew up behind it and fired his grey beam into the monster's eye, causing it to cover its face and ram into Lasher with its enormous body. Lasher fell hard on the ground and sat up, feeling weakened by the blow. He looked up to the demon and saw Sven touch down on the monster's back, plunging his sword into the back of its neck.

The monster swooped down and smashed Arthur with its fist just before falling on its back to crush Sven. Arthur lay virtually defenseless, holding his stomach. The monster flew back into the air and Sven could be seen with his eyes closed and blood all over his face. Lasher stood up slowly and once again hovered over to the monster. He clutched his fists, gathering in some inner power to straighten his balance, and used a burst of power to elbow the monster in the eye.

The beast closed one eye and grabbed Lasher by the throat with its huge fingers, tossing him down below once again, Lasher landing on his face, scarring his head deeply. The monster then held out a fist, swooping down to stomp Lasher into the ground, but a blast came out of nowhere that enlarged just before it struck the beast severely.

Sven was standing with his palms cupped and open with a smirk on his face. "Bastard. Never leave someone like me behind. Remember that." Lasher rose up on his palms and looked on as the beast tilted steadily, and to top it off, Arthur flew in and slammed the beast with both of his fists, knocking it on its back. Lasher smiled to the two fighters and stood slowly, trying to gather in some more of his power.

Now the beast had risen again and his eyes finally took on a red color. Even the wind from the power that it was now releasing was hard for the standing fighters to defend against. Its power had grown way too much. All the trees in the area were now down in pieces. Panic was soon to be stricken on all of them from this picture.

Several rainclouds were above the monster, each of the clouds in different colors, pouring down hard. Lasher looked on in despair. "....look at all of those. This is terrible...he'll become totally unmatched." The monster's color started to turn pale and the spiny points on his body curved up. This was the worst turn the battle could have taken.

The monster, now having absorbed all the energy from the rainclouds, was about to devastate. Arthur wiped his face and shook his head slowly. "No. It can't be." The monster's fist then started to glow an ebony red color, and it smashed into the ground hard, sucking up the rocks and causing a blinding explosion that caught each of the warriors and literally turned them inside out until all of their skeletons were exposed and torn apart into piles of bones. The inevitable had happened.

The bodies of the defenders were destroyed for good. Not a single fighter there lived. The monster then lifted its fist and looked down at the bones, satisfied that its devilish task had gone all the way through. Its rivals paled in comparison all along.....but the demon was soon to find out that the power of the spirit ensured that not to be the case at all.

Several figures with greyish hues appeared from all sides of the monster, each in the form of each of the holy fighters from the severely crucial battle. Even the figure of Lasher Clounek was among them, coming from the left himself. All of the ghostly figures formed a large square around the demon and fired with the strength that existed at the pinnacle of their earthly spirit.

The blast was poured on like wildfire, eating away at the demon like the plague. They were all there...and so were their energies, but their power was not restricted by their previous human compatibility, and it was able to explode larger than ever before. The monster sunk into smoke and was finally totalled. The warriors then faded from the face of the earth.

So it was always known by the wise that the numbers of evil outnumber those of good on earth, put the powers of the purely good destroy those of the evil ones within the chamber of the spirits through which all living things pass after the wars have come to their end. As for Lasher...it appears that against evil's purest form, he has triumphed again.


END OF SAGA