Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time ❯ Heero's Story ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing, Backstreet Boys (Or their songs) or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

//So here we are (here we are)

And we'll always stay together

And through it all you know we owe it all to you, you, you, you

Time goes on and on//

Heero:

My eyes drift shut again and I forced them to open with a jolt. I can't go to sleep yet, I just can't. Drinking always makes me sleepy, though. But I can't let my guard down with Duo drinking as well. He asked me to keep an eye on him, to make sure that he didn't go back to the way he used to be, even for one night. He's alright now, very drunk and he is going to have a splitting headache tomorrow, but he doesn't seem to be acting the way he used to. He won't be able to have any alcohol for quite a while after this, just in case.

Where would I be without Duo, I wonder? I don't think it's possible that I would still be alive. Duo is my main reason for living. I am partially ashamed at how much I relied on Duo for a very long period of time. He was more than a support, he was the only thing keeping me together and standing.

A gentle sigh brings me out of my momentary self-hate session. Duo, laying on my lap and blurting random obscenities at `those damn OZ-ies', shifts and faces towards me. I smile softly and then brush his hair gently away from his face. He's so cute when he's unconscious, as strange as it sounds.

The other went to bed a while ago, together. I smirk slightly at the thoughts of what they'll be getting up to tonight. I don't think I'll be getting any, what with Duo totally out of this planet. He'll wake up in a few hours and he grouchy, yelling at random objects, and then he'll go back to sleep again. He has the weirdest patterns when he's been drinking.

I'm actually feeling quite sick at the moment. Apart from the desperate need for sleep that has overcome me, I think that I drunk a little to much. I think I need to think of something else, otherwise I am going to have to wake Duo up, and I don't feel up to facing him at the moment.

Who did I use to be, I wonder. I know that I am a totally different person now, and that who I was before didn't talk as much, but I don't actually know what sort of person I was seen as by other people. Sure, I know now, but that's because my friends actually tell me. No one used to mention who I was, they just ignored me unless they had mission details. Duo was the only one who really bothered to talk to me, to get to know me.

That was why I became to upset over the space that was created between Duo and myself after the wars. Well, it wasn't just Duo, everyone was distant just after the mairemeia incident. Duo went off after staying with Hilde for a while, Quatre was caught up with taking care of his business, Trowa was out and about with the circus and Wufei was helping Sally for a while. I had no idea that everyone was in the same position that I was in - lost and alone in a world without purpose.

I went out, trying to find a way to fill this gaping hole I had inside of me. Eventually I found that, for a brief period of time, I could find a purpose if I. . . well. . . if I made myself bleed. So that's what I did, randomly causing myself pain. Then I met Duo again and I found another purpose. After that, he helped me find myself. I must admit, I took a lot of my inspiration from Duo.

Duo stirs again on my lap with a moan. He's going to wake up soon, and then we'll have to go back to bed - after he has broken a few lamps. I think this is the only time that I don't really like to be around Duo. But I have to stick it out - I promised. It part of the promise of being together.