Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time ❯ New Years Day Story ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing, Backstreet Boys (Or their songs) or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

//Time (Time), look where we are and what we've been through

Time, sharing our dreams

Time, (goes on and on) goes on and on everyday (everyday)

Time is what it is(Time is what is it)//

New Years Day:

"Urngh. . ." Duo walked into Wufei's kitchen clutching his head with one hand and shielding his eyes with his other. "Wha' time izit?"

"Midday, Maxwell. Glad you could join us." Wufei replied.

"Shhhh!" Whispered Heero, stumbling up behind Duo.

Quatre began to laugh at the pair but at an equally hung-over glare from Trowa he shut up.

"Igune. . . back to bed." Duo mumbled, grabbing a bottle of water, a pack of asprin and bag of cookies for later.

Heero and Trowa both seemed to agree with Duo's motion and almost completely copied Duo's actions - minus the cookies. They all stumbled out of the kitchen, trying to avoid the places where the light leaked in through the black curtains.

"Less than three Asprin, Duo!" Quatre called out at the retreating man.

A cat-like hiss was the only reply.

"I don't think they like the fact that we are the only ones who still refuse to drink." Wufei commented.

"I think I'd have to agree with you. Do you want to go out?"

"Sure, where to?"

"Maganac's current residence. I need to wish them a happy new year!"

Wufei nodded. He would go anywhere to avoid being around when one of the three recovered from their hang-over before the others. It would be hell on Earth for a time. Especially if either Duo or Heero recovered.

~*~

"Um, Heero, you know that I didn't really mean to rip out /that/ much hair, don't you?" Duo asked timidly of a brooding Heero.

"/That much/? So you meant to pull out some?! In case you don't remember, Duo, you would piss your pants, throw a temper-tantrum and then trash three separate houses before running a mile if someone even removed one precious strand of hair from your head when it was long!" Heero paced around the room, waving his arms around dramatically to emphasise his point.

"Oh, please. /That's/ an exaggeration if ever I heard one. Or are you trying to bring up ancient history? About that time that we were together on that preventers mission? Puh-lease! I took out less hair than you lose in a day!"

"You have DOUBLED my hair loss or the day, No Tripled it! AH! You're giving me a headache. I am going for a walk." And with that Heero grabbed his coat and nearly flew past Quatre and Wufei, who were just entering the house after their little trip out."

"Heero woke up first?" Wufei asked, unable to resist having a little fun with the American pilot.

"Shutup. I don't want to see you, animal-lover."

Wufei smirked. He knew that the pair would be over it soon, they just needed a little time to cool off so that their `make-up' would be enjoyable. He and Quatre moved to the lounge room, where Trowa was reading a book curled up like a contented cat. It still surprised Wufei, even after last night, how flexible Trowa was.

Duo was huffing and puffing in the hall, muttering about Heero being unreasonable. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration numerous times. He looked worriedly at the door every few minutes. Quatre and Wufei had moved into the lounge, so there was no one for him to vent his anger upon at first. Now there was no one to listen to his concern.

Within ten minutes of Duo really starting to worry, Heero slammed open the door, puffing as though he had just ran quite a way. "Shit. . . Sorry Duo. I didn't mean. . . I know what this day is to you. Sorry."

Duo ran up to Heero, thinking of the first day that he had been taken into the Maxwell Church orphanage. Heero held him for a little while and then lifted Duo's chin to look him in the eyes. He gently lowered his head to Duo's, pressing a soft, caressing kiss to Duo's lips. Then, by unspoken agreement, they both made their way to their shared room. Perhaps the only way to forget the past, for them, was to lose themselves in the present and to look toward the future.

Quatre sat down heavily and appeared to relax once Heero and Duo were seen walking past the doorway to the lounge. Wufei could tell that he wasn't really relaxed, though he didn't know what was really wrong. Perhaps he never would. Trowa looked up with concern from his book, looking Wufei in the eyes to find out what was wrong. This was going to take some time - to heal Quatre and to understand each other to the fullest extent. It was going to work out but to what extent? Only time would tell.

//Time, goes on and on everyday, Time is what it is

Come what may.

Come what may//

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

I also have another fic in the works. I would love it if someone wanted to read it and give me ideas and stuff. Just told me what they think. It'd be Greatly appreciated. Just express interest in a review if you want to have a look!! (there's only a chapter and a half but I just wanna know what ppl think.)

Anastasia

~*~ Proud member of SDDI ~*~

~*~ Proud member of SDQB ~*~

~*~ Avid Appreciator of Zechs ~*~

-~-~-~General of the Baka Brigade!!~-~-~-~-

If you Review, I shall post much faster and write more! Just give me a one liner if your lazy, Pleeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee???? *Puppy dog eyes*