Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Trust And Betrayal ❯ Chapter One ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Trust & Betrayal [By JadedTrowa]
A Duo 'Shinigami' Maxwell Fic.

::DISCLAIMER::
I do NOT own Gundam Wing. I wish I did but I don't, So Don't sue me -.-
This story revolves around Duo, and it is not particularly in line with the series, I just tried to have a small bit of background so you don't get confused, R/R ^_^

[]==================[]
Introduction
[]================ ==[]

Duo sighed, the cockpit to his gundam 'Deathscythe' opening and he stands on the edge, overlooking the gloomy interior of the hangar, the faint sounds of the engine ring in his ears as he runs a hand through his hair, jumping down from the large mecha, his braided pony tail whipping behind him as he lands, using his hand to compensate the momentum from his fall. He rises to his feet, walking towards the recently exposed light from the long winding corridor of the 'Peace Million' on it's orbit around the planet known as 'Earth'.
He smiles slightly as a familar voice greets him, the voice of no other than Quatre Raberba Winner, the son of the Winner family.
"Welcome back Duo, We've been expecting you" The sandy blonde smiles at the young boy.
"Yeah I figured that." Duo looked behind him at the Dark colored Mecha standing in the hangar, a few techincians fumbling around it "See you soon old buddy..." Duo smiled, walking towards Quatre's figure.
"So Duo... From the looks of it... You and Wufei managed to get out of that base intact eh?" Quatre smiles, almost smirking.
"Somethin' like that, yeah" Duo tore his eyes off the floor, as the door to the command bridge opened, the vauge images of their escape from the Lunar Base still in his mind.

As Duo set foot in that command room, he is almost taken aback from the sudden array of stars that greeted his arrival, the faintest of smiles crossing over his lips as he walks towards the only man that looked out of place, a man with dark sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt.
"Top of the mornin' to ya Harold" Duo tipped his hat in greeting towards the elder man, who only responded with a slight grunt as he pulled himself away from the scanner.
"Heya Duo... Didn't expect to see you so soon" Harold smirked, folding his arms.
"Yeah well Deathscythe needed repairs, and this was the closest ship I could pick-up.
"Looks like it. You're Deathscythe will be ready in no time Duo, until then just sit back and relax" Harold gave a reassuring smile and returned to his work.

Duo was about to move from the bridge when a firm hand grasped his shoulder, forcing him to turn around, the grim face of Heero stared back into his eyes.
"Huh?" Duo blinked, and shivered slightly, making contact with Heero's cold eyes.
"I need to speak with you in private Duo." He narrowed his eyes, pointing towards his quaters.
"Sure... beats hangin' out by myself, lead the way" Duo begins to walk beside Heero until them come to be inside his quaters, Heero shutting and locking the panel that could be called a 'door'.
"What's up?" Duo flipped the brim of his cap up, smiling his usual cheerful smile, his braid whipping behind him with his every move.

Heero ignored his cheerfulness and begins to explain the situation to Duo, Duo listening intently to every word before grimmly nodding.
"You cannot let the others know." Heero narrowed his eyes strictly.
"Ok... but I still don't have to like it..." Duo sighed and walked from Heero's quaters.
[]====================================[]

Duo lay on his small bed, which consisted of a matress and a white sheet on a steel slab extended from the wall, vaugly resembling a prison bed. His arms folded behind his head as he stared at the chrome ceiling, the only sound of the room was the loud sighs that escaped from his mouth. His silence was cut short by Harold over the intercom.
"Duo... Deathscythe is ready for use." He stated with a sense of proudness in his voice.
"Thanks Harold..."
"Heh... No Pro-- What the?!" Harolds sentence was cut short by the rumble of the ship, it's interior shaking violently as Duo jumped from his bed, running towards the bridge.
An alert came over the ship, red lights flashing, the ship still rumbling as Duo bursts through the door, to the sight of around 50 'Virgo II' type mobile suits firing on the ship.
"We're under attack!!" Harold ran frantically from control set to control set, trying to re-route certain power to certain places.
Four bursts of blue light exploded from the side of the ship, catching Duo's attention, it could only be the four Gundams. Duo sighed, as the radio chatter came over the ship, he walked casually towards Deathscythe seeming to be in no hurry even with the rain of fire the Virgo II's were inflicting on the ship.
"This is it old buddy" He weakly smiles, and floats towards the cockpit, already having his space suit on, as the cockpit door shuts, enveloping Duo in darkness for a few seconds while the startup procedures engaged themselves.

The battle outside was still going on, balls of fire appearing everywhere from destroyed mobile suits, Duo just smirks slightly, gripping the control sticks, as his Gundam blasts from the hangar in a similar blue light... but not in the direction of the battle, his Gundam propells itself far away, towards an unknown location.
"What?!" Quatre lets himself be distracted, looking towards the fleeing Gundam. "Is that Duo?! Where's he going?!" Quatre screams in a high pitched voice, as a Virgo comes behind him, firing it's rifle mercilessly, hitting the engine, causing a fraction of it to explode, sending Quatre hurtling towards the hull of the 'Peace Million'.
"Quatre!" Trowa's voice came over the chatter as the Gatling gun rains fire down upon the Virgo sending it to meet it's maker.
Quatre's gundam stands slowly, one of the arms being completely dismembered as he blasts after Duo, stopping infront of him.
"Duo?!" He shouts, confused and hurt from the fall and Duo's departure.
"..." Duo doesn't respond "...Back off Quatre" he finally speaks, with a monotone, disguising the emotion in his voice.
"Duo! What are you doing?!" He speaks, feeling betrayed.
Duo just ignites his engine, blasting past Quatre's gundam, causing a vibration within Quatre's gundam and it's engines die, and the glow from the eyes fade, as Quatre's gundam goes silent, powerlessly floating in space, only Quatre's muffling crying could be heard from the radio chatter, as the Wufei, Heero and Trowa finish up the remaining suits, and then come to lay eyes on the now quickly fading blue streak that once was their comrade, Duo Maxwell.