Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Um, Untitled As of Now ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next morning, Heero and Duo slipped out of the house, unnoticed, for a mission they had just received. Heero climbed into the driver's seat of the large, stolen semi-truck he'd acquired, and Duo hopped into the trailer, carrying a bag of explosives and guns. Heero pushed the petal down and started shifting gears, and the truck roared away, going full speed towards their target, a military compound not far from the house. Taking out a fence to get inside, Heero slammed on the brakes and opened the door of the cab to jump out. Upon hearing the brakes squeal, Duo opened the trailer doors and jumped out of the truck, tossed a gun in Heero's general direction, and took off at a run for the nearest entrance. They needed some information from the enemy's computers, and Duo's mission was to find a computer for Heero to hack into. After a few moments he found a computer, yelled at Heero through his walkie-talkie and reloaded his gun. Heero appeared to hack into the system and Duo held off the attackers who tried to enter the room. Heero was almost finished. Hurry up, Heero, thought Duo.

***

Sarrea sat on her hotel bed, luggage in hand. I've got to get out of here! She knew that if the police discovered the disappearances of Regine and Taara, she would automatically be the first suspect. Sarrea didn't want to leave before finding her friends, but getting herself thrown in jail would only make matters worse. I'll get to the bottom of this, she vowed. Shouldering the luggage of three people, she marched downstairs and checked herself and her friends out of the hotel.

"Thanks for coming. We hope you enjoyed your stay!" exclaimed the lady at the counter.

Sarrea gave a half-hearted smile and hurried out the front door. I probably look quite suspicious carrying Regine and Taara's bags as well as my own. Where can I go? I can't drive! Her thoughts tumbled around in her head, and she walked faster, blindly crossing the road and nearly getting hit by a car. She soon found herself headed for the hill, since it was where the disappearances had begun. Sarrea stood at the top of the hill and looked at the city. This whole trip was a mistake! she thought in despair. As she walked down the hill, struggling to hold three huge suitcases at the same time, she felt something strange, as if a giant hand had reached down and plucked her off of the ground. A strange black tunnel loomed in front of her, and she hurtled down its length, valiantly holding on to the suitcases in the process. She landed in a dark, small room, hit her head on the wall, and slumped over, knocked out.

***

Duo gave a sigh of relief. Heero had finished getting information from the computers, and their mission was complete. All they had to do now was make their escape. Heero gave Duo a nod, signaling that he was ready, and Duo charged into the hall, firing both ways with the two guns he held in either hand. Heero ran out after him, and they dashed towards the semi-truck. It may have been slow, but it was big enough to take a lot of damage. Heero reached the cab and threw himself inside as Duo jumped into the trailer again to shoot enemies as the truck drove away. It was dark inside the trailer, and Duo fumbled around for a moment before finding his machine gun. He felt bad shooting other people down, but they were a danger to his survival. The truck picked up speed and rammed through another section of fence, leaving a gaping hole behind. Duo shot the soldiers who ran after the truck, and by the time they started getting into their military cars, the truck was long gone.

Heero drove the semi-truck into the huge garage that stood next to the house. Inside the garage were all five gundams, with room to spare. One of the reasons for choosing the house for their vacation spot was that it was next to an abandoned mechanic's garage. It was the perfect place to hide the boys' gundams. He turned off the truck and opened the door. Duo opened the trailer door and hopped out.

"Another job well done, eh Heero?" said Duo with a grin.

Heero gave him a rare smile back, and they both headed for the house next door.

***

Sarrea felt herself return to consciousness. It was a slow return, but she was patient. She forced herself to stay still, just in case she had landed in some dangerous spot. Ten feet from where she lay was a door, flapping open in the wind. A boy knelt in the doorway, shooting a gun at something she couldn't see. I must be in a truck or something. After a while, the truck stopped and the boy jumped out. She heard him talking to someone else and laughing, and then she heard footsteps that walked away, fading into the distance. It's probably safe to come out now. Sarrea's head throbbed, and she felt dried blood on the back of it. Must've hit my head pretty hard. She ignored the throbbing and crawled to the doors. Sliding herself to the ground, she looked around. To her left were a bunch of garage doors, and to her right was one normal sized door. The footsteps had gone in the direction of the normal door. After a moment's hesitation, she decided to follow the footsteps. Beyond the door was a house. She slipped into the house through the side door, thinking for some odd reason that Regine and Taara were inside.

Sarrea heard voices around the corner. Edging closer, she cautiously peered around the wall and into the next room. The brown-haired boy from the truck stood closest, chatting with two other boys who were standing next to him. A Chinese boy lay on a couch, his face purple and bruised. She could just barely see a blonde-haired boy who seemed to be talking to someone. Sarrea slid back from the corner and tried to think. How do I get past these guys?

The brown-haired boy with the braid came around the corner without warning. He stared at her for a moment and then shouted. SHIT! Sarrea thought. She punched the boy square in the face and darted past him. If I can catch the rest of these guys by surprise, maybe I can get past them. She ran straight into a tall boy with green eyes who was coming in to help Duo. He grabbed her as she tried to disentangle herself. Seeing no other way out of it, Sarrea bit his shoulder as hard as she could. With a yell, the tall boy dropped her and she shoved him, knocking him off balance. He fell on top of the dangerous-looking brown-haired guy who she assumed was the `Heero' from the garage, putting him out of the fight. The Chinese boy got up from the couch and charged her, but her desperation made her run all the quicker, and he couldn't keep up. She ran past the blonde guy, who wasn't offering much of a fight, and looked for a way out. A door was just across the room, and two girls stood nearby.

"Hi Regine. Hi Taara," she called as she ran across the room. She dashed through the door just as the Chinese boy caught up with her. He tackled her and sent her crashing to the floor. Sarrea scrambled out from under him and managed to stand up before he punched her in the face and wrapped both hands around her throat, trying to strangle her. He was strong enough to lift her off the floor, and she desperately flailed at him, trying to free herself. I can't breathe! I can't breath! Shit shit shit! In one last frantic attempt, she kicked him as hard as she could. In the balls. The Chinese boy screamed and dropped her, falling to the floor in agony. Sarrea, seeing that the room she was currently in had no other exit, ran back through the door and through the room with the blonde boy and two girls. She ran through the next door to the room with the other three boys, then suddenly skidded to a stop.

"What the fuck?" she muttered. The boys, who had been quickly approaching her, stopped and glanced at each other confusedly. Sarrea slowly turned around and looked back into the other room. "Did I just see Regine and Taara? What the hell? Am I hallucinating? WILL SOMEONE ANSWER ME!?"

Regine promptly walked over and smacked Sarrea across the face.

"Nope, I'm not hallucinating. Unless I'm hallucinating so badly that the Chinese boy has acquired Regine's face. Then I'd be in deep shit," Sarrea said.

"SARREA. HELLO? Will you stop it with the hallucinating crap?" Regine shouted.

"Oww! Okay, okay! It must be you. No one can shout that loud. I'm okay! Really! Just no more shouting! My ear drum can't take it!"

Wufei came limping through the door and let out a fearsome roar.

"I'll kill you, WOMAN!"

Sarrea shrieked and fled out the door, pushing the three boys out of the way and slamming the door behind her. She put her back against the door and dug her heels in to brace herself. Ten seconds later, the sound of Wufei slamming against the door echoed through the whole house.

"DAMN IT WOMAN!" he shouted.

Sarrea looked at the other three boys in the room.

"Ummm…would you mind, uhh…helping me a little?" she asked.

"What exactly did you do to him?" questioned the boy with the braid.

"Oh, nothing really. I think I accidentally kicked him in the balls, that's all." She gave an `I'm innocent, I swear!' smile to the guys.

To her surprise, all three of them cracked up. The braided one came over and held the door for her, still laughing. The dangerous one pulled her behind himself, shielding her with his body, and the tall one prepared to grab the Chinese boy as he came into the room.

"Okay, Duo. Let go of the door," said the tall one.

The one with the braid, Duo, moved suddenly and the door flew open, followed by the Chinese boy. The tall one grabbed him and put him in a headlock.

"Wufei. Stop it. Right now," the tall one commanded.

Regine and Taara sauntered into the room, laughing hysterically. The blonde one followed them in, talking in between giggles.

"Well, looks like the third one arrived, huh guys?"

Duo beamed.

"Yep. This is just a grand old party now!" he announced.

Sarrea grinned sheepishly.

"Umm…sorry Wufei," she said.

Wufei, who's entire face was purple by that time, swore at her for so long that she feared he would kill himself from lack of air.

Duo laughed all the harder. "You'll have to excuse him, he doesn't like visitors very much!"

Wufei continued swearing until he really did feint from lack of air. They laid him back on his couch and tentatively greeted each other and introduced themselves. Sarrea's throat had two hand-shaped bruises on it, and Quatre immediately tried to tend to it. She gave him an odd look as he gently probed at the bruises, but otherwise let him do his work.

"So, ummm…Regine, Taara, where are we and why are we here? And even more importantly, Regine, why are you wearing a bikini in the house?"

***

Regine blinked at the surprise question. "Uhh…'cause I don't have any other clothes. Oh yeah, and `cause I can."

"Typical response from you!" Sarrea said, exasperated but grinning. "Speaking of clothes, I think I brought the suitcases with me. At least, I had them when I got sucked into the tunnel."

"Well, where did you land?" prompted Taara.

"In the back of the truck."

"WHAT?" exclaimed Duo. "Whatd'ya mean, in the back of the truck? I was IN the back of the truck, and I certainly didn't see you!"

"Well, I saw you."

Duo's mouth hung open. Heero glared at his partner.

"Great job, Duo. Good thing she wasn't an enemy," Heero muttered.

"I…uhh…aw shut up! I was rather busy shooting enemies that were following us through that giant hole in the fence, courtesy of Heero. It's not like I explored the back of the truck while it was still trying to jump into it! Jeez, lay off!" griped Duo.

The three girls snickered as Duo gave them a helpless look. "Women…" he grumbled under his breath. He might have pulled it off as being serious except for the fact that his mouth kept twitching. Which, of course, made the girls laugh all the harder.

"Jeez, he's worse at keeping a straight face than you are, Taara!" Sarrea said, cracking up.

Taara tried to glare at her but ended up laughing even harder. The others had to wait for the next five minutes for Taara to stop laughing. By that time, Regine and Sarrea were exchanging knowing looks, Trowa was staring at Taara as if she were some type of alien, Duo and Quatre were grinning, and Heero, being his usual self, pretended that he wasn't a part of the situation. Sarrea gave up on Taara and walked back toward the garage to get the suitcases. Regine followed her before anyone else could, so the others just watched the two girls disappear, then turned back to the bright-red-faced girl who had tears running down her face and was desperately trying to stop laughing.

Five minutes later, Regine and Sarrea returned, lugging three huge suitcases behind them. Regine was groaning under the weight of two of them.

"Gosh Taara! What the heck did you pack? A load of bricks? How the hell did you manage all three of these by yourself, Sarrea?"

"A load of bricks!" Taara, who had just stopped laughing, exclaimed. She promptly cracked up again.

"Oh no. I shouldn't have said anything. This won't end for a LONG time," said Regine.

Sarrea let out a deep sigh and resigned herself to the fate of listening to Taara laugh for the next hour or so. Regine, on the other hand, wasn't as nice, so she promptly grabbed Taara, shoved her into the kitchen, and shut the door. The laughter continued, but at least it was slightly muted. Trowa looked bewildered, he'd never experienced any civilian behavior like that before. Heero smiled slightly at Regine's solution to the problem, but then remembered that he wasn't associating with the rest of them and went back to being aloof. Quatre looked at the two remaining girls and shook his head in wonder.

"Is she always like that?" he asked.

Regine and Sarrea glanced at each other and then back at Quatre, nodding simultaneously. Duo grinned.

"Well, you know what they say. Laughter is the best medicine."

Sarrea's eyebrows raised. "Rrrrright. Anyway…"

Regine cut in. "What do you guys want to do?"

Duo immediately shouted at the top of his lungs and cheered. "HORSEBACK RIDING! HORSEBACK RIDING! YEAH!"

"Ummmm…I don't think she meant it quite like that Duo…" mumbled Quatre.

"I like horseback riding!" exclaimed Sarrea.

"Me too! Me too!" added Regine.

Quatre, looking doubtful, turned to Trowa. "Well, I guess we could…"

Trowa shrugged. "I don't see that it's a problem, and besides, we're still on break. OZ isn't doing anything for another week or so."

"OZ?" asked Regine.

Trowa swore softly. "Forgot about them not knowing."

"Hey! Like on Gundam Wing! `Member G? They had OZ and Romefeller and stuff like that!" Sarrea volunteered.

"Yeah! I love that show! Come to think of it…"

Duo hurriedly cut her off, sensing where that was going. "I don't know about you, but I think that's crazy. What is this Gundam Wing? A TV show or something?"

"Yeah! It's the greatest!" said Sarrea. "My favorite was Duo! Yeah! He's ooohh so much better than Quatre, G, admit it!"

"Uh uh! Quatre, all the way! He's cuter any day!" she retorted.

"TROWA ROCKS!" shouted Taara through the door.

The boys all looked at each other, feeling odd that the girls were arguing over characters that happened to have the same names as themselves. It also happened that the OZ and Romefeller Organization they'd mentioned actually existed in their world, making them all the more uneasy about the whole thing. All of a sudden, the two girls in the room gasped. It sounded as if something invisible had smacked them, hard, and they went flying through the air a couple of feet to sink to the floor, unconscious. Quatre threw open the kitchen door and discovered that Taara was in the same predicament.

Duo whistled softly. "What the hell just happened?" he wondered.