Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Wars ❯ Tears of Blood ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a more serious chapter, but I promise it'll lighten up in the next one!

A scream echoes through a pitch-black room, a girl frantically runs without going anywhere. Two hands come from the emptiness, and grab her. They throw her down, ignoring her pleas. A shadow face with shinning blue eyes whispers in her ear, "This is only what you asked for." And bites into her neck.

Krista woke up screaming, sweat drip down her face. "A dream?" She asks herself, holding her trembling body. A door swings open. Krista snaps out of it, and realizes she was on a cot. Duo and Quatre, who was holding a bowl of soup, enter the room. "I'm so glad you're all right!" Quatre cheerfully said, as Duo stood beside her. Krista lifted her eyes up at Duo; he had a serious expression on his face. Quatre came up on the other side, and set the soup down. Krista was fixated on Duo, "What happened?" she eventually asked in a weak tone. Duo closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. "You were completely drained of your blood." A flash went through Krista's mind, of the man seizing her and sucking her blood. "He made you a vampire." Duo continued not even acknowledging Krista's shockness. Another flash came into her mind, of her drinking his blood. "We were able to save you before he took you away." Duo finally glanced up at the distort girl. Krista's body began to shake, as she takes her hands and touches her neck. "The good thing is, we were able to stop it before the transformation was complete. Making you only, half vampire." Duo turned his back on her. Krista continued to tremble, "It's not true." She whispered, "IT"S NOT TRUE!" Tears streamed down, as she covered her face crying. Quatre reached out to her, but pulled away. Krista lifted her head up and let out a shriek. Blood covered her palms. "It's okay Krista, it's just your tears! Krista please!" Quatre tried to calm her down, but she kept on screaming. Duo motions Quatre to leave the room. They walked out, closing the door. "Let's give her some time." Duo tells Quatre. Quatre sadly agrees and goes behind a counter. Duo exams the weapons that were mounted all over the wall. A close sign hung over the store window, as people strolled by. Krista lay on the bed curled up, her eyes catatonic. "It's not true." Were the only words she could speak.

Quatre glanced up at the clock hanging on the wall, then at the door Krista was in, and then the magazine he was reading. Duo glared at Quatre as he kept on doing it, "Would you stop that Kats!" Quatre pouted, "I'm just worried Duo, and don't call me Kats!" Duo turns to his pal, "She'll be fine, we need to give her some time. You can't expect a person to be all, I'm half a vampire now? Fiddle de dee, oh well. Can't be helped! And then be perfectly normal in 15 minutes!" Quatre could only stare at the door, he felt helpless. It's been a couple of hours since Krista was told she was half vampire. The thought sent a shiver down her back. The door opened, and Duo and Quatre stepped in. Krista sat up; dried blood tears stained her cheeks. Duo plopped down next to her, clasping his hands. There was silence in the room for a moment, until Krista finally spoke. "So what? I'm a bloodthirsty monster who kills innocent people now!?" "Yes." Duo calmly answers back. Krista felt the tears coming again, as she turns away. Duo puts his hand on her shoulder, "But we have a way to prevent that." Krista quickly spun her head back towards Duo. He then pulls out a vile from his pockets, and places it in her palm. "What is it?" she asked. "It's an old remedy to cure that hunger." He smiled. "Whenever you have the craving for blood, drink it." Krista had a confused look on her face, "What are you?" "I am, a vampire hunter. For centuries I've hunted these demons down, trying to prevent them from killing people and multiplying. "You're immortal?" Krista practically shouted. Duo nods, "I can live forever, but I can die just like anyone else could. I have the ability and strength of a vampire, minus the teeth and blood sucking of course." Krista glanced back at Quatre, "Are you also a vampire hunter?" Quatre quickly shakes his head, "Oh no, not me! I'm just your average weapon's store owner!" Krista was even more confused; Duo pats her on her head. `Don't worry, you'll eventually understand." Krista looks at the vile in her hands, "So now what?" "Well, we like you to stay with us." Duo tells her, which took Krista by surprise. "I believe there is a certain reason why Heero made you, of all people, a vampire." "Heero?" Krista questioned. "Heero is the one who made you a vampire, he is also Master of Trowa." Duo explains. The name Trowa made Krista bite her lip. "It'll be safer if you'd stick around with us." He continues getting up, putting his hands in his jean pockets. Krista looks at Quatre, who smiled and blushed slightly. She also got up, and followed Duo out the room. She stared at all the weapons amazed. There were swords, crossbows, scythes, and all sorts of old fashion weaponry. "You own a weapon's shop?" She asked turning back at Quatre and Duo. "He does, I'm just his number one customer!" Duo replies pointing at Quatre. "Well you have to pay to be a customer Duo." Quatre teases. A sweat drop pops over Duo's head, "Hee-Hee! Yeah about that Kats, I'll get ya the money for all those weapons I broke when fighting, eventually!" "Oh you will pay me back, by working it off!" Quatre hands Duo a bucket and a mop, "Ah man!" duo complains. Krista smiled at the two, but turned her attention to the window. She watches the people stroll by, and frowns. "Guess I'll never be like them again." And places her hand against the glass, gazing at her refection. A reflection she could not recognize.