Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Watashi no Sukoshi Tubasa ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Watashi no Sukoshi Tubasa
 
Gundam Wing Fan Fiction
 
Author : White Wings
 
:: Chapter 1 ::
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the restaurant section of a local bar a man, a woman, and a small boy sat at a table having lunch. It was a cold January afternoon - the lazy part of the day when the lunch crown had mostly gone and the regular drinkers had yet to arrive. Two women, tired from shopping, dawdled over their hamburgers, their attention casually focused on the pretty family at the next table.
 
The thin young man with messy dark brown hair was obviously the father of the child that sat on its mothers lap across the table from him. The boy shared both his mother and his fathers' appearance so strongly that it was like looking at both of his parents at once.
 
The father, thought he was no doubt incredibly handsome with his navy eyes dark and intelligent, didn't look like the type who smiled often. However, every time he looked at his son playing with the crayons on the table his face lit up in a rare and beautiful smile. It was a brief joy in a long line of hardships.
 
The mother, equally as beautiful as her husband, long dark hair that proudly pronounced her Mexican heritage, laughed quietly at some unknown comment her beloved had made, and the reaction the said words had on their son.
 
Tears in the corners of his eyes the boy sniveled until his father gave him a stern look, dispelling any hope that he would get what he wanted that way.
 
And in that brief moment before all the peace ended, there seamed to be an air of bitter happiness wafting though the room. Until two men, guns in their hands and a black box in the other stormed into the room.
 
Screams and shouts of terror filled the room as they ran across the threshold to the center of the building. The young man forced his wife and child under the table, a cloud of ill bade things hanging over him. He shielded his only loves with his body and the black box exploded, rocking the very foundations of the building with its force.
 
In the aftermath the same two women who had earlier observed the happy family, crawled out form under the remains of their table and looked sadly at the beautiful young woman. Her hair now a mess and blood splattered on her face she cried out her husbands name while her son sobbed over and over for his “daddy” to get up.
 
Not even the devil would have been able to stomach the sadness that the sudden carnage caused.
 
Onlookers rushed from across the street to help the survivors as the ambulance and fire truck sirens reverberated in the deadly stagnant air.
 
[12 Years later, May]
 
“Mom I'm leavin' now!” A slender high school student slid down the banister of the small townhouse he and his mother lived in with one of his fathers' old friends. A backpack slung over his shoulder and a bagged sandwich in his mouth he bounced out the door, almost running into a tall man of about 30 who was on the way in.
 
“Whoa! Slow down there Kiro your guna tear up the sidewalk at that pace.”
 
“Sorry Mr. Maxwell, but I'm guna have ta take that chance!” Kiro shouted from the street as he ran towards the bus stop.
 
Duo chuckled as he shut the door and hung his sweater on the coat rack. Heading for the kitchen, he pealed off his shirt and threw it into the laundry room. He bent down and pulled a carton of milk from the fridge. He reached for the bread, placing it in the crook of his arm and then with a glace over his shoulder he reached for the small cake, smothered in cream cheese frosting that sat in the back of the fridge.
 
“DUO MAXWELL GET YOUR HANDS OFF THAT CAKE!”
 
Duo jumped and smacked his head on the freezer door; he turned and looked sheepishly at the woman who was leaning on the refrigerator door next to him.
 
“Morning Cary.” He grinned
 
“That cake's for Kiro tonight and you know it, keep tryin' to eat it and you wont get any.”
 
“Like hell I wont get any!” Duo stood up. “No cake, no free room and board!”
 
Cary looked at Duo, blinked, and then shut the door to the fridge so as the cold air didn't escape.
 
“Liar.” She said, taking the loaf of bread from him.
 
“Your right, haha what would Heero do to me if he found out that I thrown his wife and kid out on the street.” He grinned and then gasped in mock terror.
 
“My GODS what if he heard me threaten!” Collapsing to his knees and clapping his hands together he bowed his head and ranted.
 
“No Heero I didn't mean it, don't shoot, what's that? No bombs Heero please! NO NOT THE NUKS!! I didn't mean it, I'm sorry, I am, it will never happen again, I swear on me honor as a man!”
 
Cary snickered from the table at Duo's antics, she new he was trying to make her feel better. She glanced at the photo that Duo was begging forgiveness under; a portrait taken two months before Heero's death. A younger Cary and Kiro smiled happily at the camera while Heero smirked dangerously, his arms wrapped around his wife and son.
 
“Why do you do that Duo, he isn't hear anymore.” She said quietly as her landlord and friend stood up.
 
“Just because someone's dead, doesn't mean there not still watching and protecting.” He smiled.
 
“Yes, your right... isn't he... Heero.” Cary looked longingly at the photograph and smiled solemnly before getting up to help Duo make breakfast. The man really was hopeless.
 
{At the Bus Stop}
 
Kiro had just made the bus, and it was a good thing too. He was already worn out from the sprint he'd made from the house; he didn't think his stamina would have lasted him all the way to school. Clutching his backpack in his arms he sat down breathlessly on an empty seat and rested quietly there until the next stop where his friend Debbie got on.
 
Debbie, or DC as he called her, was a short blond girl of normal build. She excelled in academics, where athletics was his strong suit, and she had been his only friend since middle school. Apparently her family was rich but he'd never been to her house nor met her parents. She said that they were away on business most of the time anyway so it didn't really matter.
 
“Mornin' DC.”
 
“Good Morning.” The blond said with emphasis, she detested bad grammar, which she was sure Kiro only used to cause her grief.
 
“Yea, yea.”
 
She sat down on the seat next to him and ruffled his eternally messy hair, grinning at his distressed reaction as he tried to swat her hand away.
 
“Hey, nock it off! Do you have any idea how long it takes to tame this mess?”
 
“Enlighten me medusa.”
 
“Ha ha very funny...”
 
“So how dose it feel to be seventeen?”
 
“Just like it did to be sixteen.”
 
“Bummer, my father threw me some huge coming of age party.”
 
“Lucky.” Kiro sneered
 
“Not really, I didn't get to invite any of my friends. It was all work associates and business partners.” Debbie sighed
 
There was silence for a while. They both knew it had been an important event for her father, the mysterious who seemed to be to busy with his work to appreciate his daughter. Kiro felt like he was the lucky one when he thought about how his mom had always been there no mater what. The few memories he had of his father were all good. Debbie had none of those things with her father, except for the short spells he spent at home.
 
“So...what's on the agenda today?” Kiro said to break the silence
 
“Oh, today promises to be quite interesting.”
 
And what an agenda it was. The Debbie and Kiro team was a special pair. For three years since they entered high school they had been the bane of the Vice Principals existence, but not to his knowledge. They had crashed every event and every computer on campus multiple times, each without being caught or even suspected. They were the best of the best when it came to pranks.
 
This particular bit they had been planning for weeks. Today there was to be a school assembly in the gym. The honor roll students were getting special awards for their achievements. Debbie was one of them, though it didn't matter. There games never hurt anyone.
 
They had set up a special encoded program in the schools audio announcement system that, at a certain time, would make every cell phone on campus ring, whether it was on or off. If it went just right then plan “drown' out” would start just as the VP started his “These students will touch the starts” speech.
 
 
As the bus neared their stop, Kiro and Debbie spoke of other things. Other students from their school, as well the occasional teacher, got on between there and the school; it wasn't safe to talk about their plans for the risk of someone overhearing.
 
{Somewhere Across Town}
 
“So you found her?”
 
“Yes, we know exactly where she is. Shall we?”
 
“Indeed, go and take her. I don't care how many kids you have to kill but bring me that girl!”
 
“Sir!”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
:: End Chapter 1 ::