Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ What I had to tell you... ❯ What I had to tell you... ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, are you happy now????

AN: This is a one shot, short story about what happened after Endless Waltz, because I didn't like the ending it gave...

What I had to tell you....

AN: ALSO, I WANT REVIEWS ON THIS FIC! AND I MEAN ALOT OF REVIEWS! IF I DON'T START GETTING ALOT OF REIVEWS ON ALL OF MY FICS... I JUST MIGHT STOP WRITING THEM... NOW I KNOW YOU DON'T WANT ME TO DO THAT NOW DO YOU??? THEN REVIEW!

It was almost midnight when I finally made it home. The Mariemaia incident finally over, Mariemaia had been taken to the hospital and Lady Une had gone with her. I had asked Sally to take a look at Heero to make sure he would be all right, but the moment he regained consciousness, he simply got up and left. My heart had broken, watching him go, walking out of my life again...

In my room I changed into my satin nightgown and got ready to crawl into my nice, warm bed, when I saw an envelope with my name on it placed on my pillow. I looked around; there was no way for anyone to have been in my room without my knowledge, so how did it get on my bed? Inside the envelope was a letter in a handwriting I had seen once before....

Dear Relena,

I wanted to be able to talk to you in person, but I can't do that, so I decided to write you this letter. I wanted to give this to you so long ago, but I kept finding reasons to delay giving this to you. Relena, you are so important to so many people! You don't know how many lives you've changed, or how much you've changed those lives... how much you've changed my life. Relena, you have done so much for me, and I can never repay you, and I know I can never do anything to truly thank you. I can never tell you how much what you have done has meant to me, or how much you mean to me. Relena, you have no idea how hard this is for me to say and how much I hate myself for telling you this knowing how much it could jeopardize your career, but I can't fight the truth anymore. I love you. I have since the day I saw you on the beach. I'm telling you this because I expect something, I'm telling you this because I know I have to. I know I'll always love you, even if you should marry and have that person's child... I'll still love you. I can only offer you the knowledge that I will *always* protect you. That is all I can give you, my dear Relena. I love you so much, and I'm sorry to burden you with this; I couldn't ever expect you to love me, but I do thank you, because you are the one who taught me *how* to love, and I will be eternally grateful.

Love always,

Heero Yuy

The letter dropped out of my grasp. I stared at the letter in a daze, as a feeling of relief rushed over me. He loved me. He loved me! I looked at my vanity mirror, watching my hidden visitor closely,

"You could have told me in person, I wouldn't have gotten mad," I turned to face him, "because, I love you, too, Heero." he watched me silently, his Prussian blue eyes fixed on me. Slowly, he stepped into the light,

"You shouldn't though. It couldn't and wouldn't ever work. You're a pacifist, and I... I'm an orphan trained to be a soldier." much you I stood and took a few steps towards him,

"It could work, if you really love me, and I know I love you. Yes, my *job* is that of a pacifist, but I am a woman named Relena, and if I don't know anything else, I know I love you with all my heart. Heero, you are a human being, no matter how much you try to tell yourself that you are still a soldier, I know you are human, or else how would you know that you love me? Heero, I can't live without you." He walked closer to me, closing the space between us,

"Are you sure about this?"

"I'm only sure that I love you." leaning in, he gently brushed his lips against my forehead, and I shuttered under the show of affection,

"You

don't know what you're saying... but I *do* love you Relena, with everything in me and more."
"Oh Heero..." I whispered just as his lips came down and found mine...

~*The End, I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.*~