Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ When you can't fight, Teach ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: When you can't fight, Teach

Author: Skeren Dreamera

Archive: http://www.gundam-wing-fanfiction.net/

Category: Umm... Not sure yet.

Pairings: none yet

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, so please, don't sue me.

Rating: PG

Spoilers: EW, the series.

Warnings: None really

Contact: Mickeofas@yahoo.com

Notes: Tell me what you guys think. I know I have many stories in the works, but they will all get finished someday, it's a promise. Oh! This is post EW by about three years.

Prologue

It didn't work out at all like Wufei had hoped. He, apparently, had something wrong with him if he couldn't teach a bunch of freshmen in college about philosophy. No, that was wrong, he could teach them. It just hadn't felt right. That was how he ended up where he currently was. The walls of the school around him were dingy; soot stained things, with beaten up metal lockers stained black and gray set into them. He pushed up his glasses for the third time, then brushed his hair back from his face. With a sigh, Wufei stepped past the doors into the empty hallways; the door falling shut behind him in a loud bang that echoed what seemed endlessly within the school. Considering how violently the wall shook, Wufei was suprized that the building was even still standing. Dressed in black pants, a dark gray button up shirt, and a white vest, Wufei felt distinctly out of place. He wasn't a warrior anymore, those times were over. He'd turned back to his first love after MarieMaea, and he was happy about it. He just didn't know what it was he was looking for. At twenty years he'd managed to get his philosophy degree in three, and had already tried college students and small children. So here he was at a high school that he knew couldn't pay very much, but that didn't mean he didn't want to apply for a job. Nobody would be taking his classes for the fame of it here.

Wufei shook off the dismal thoughts, his footsteps echoing through the halls loudly as he made his way to the office. He remembered any number of private high schools they had hidden in during the war, and he had to wonder why they hadn't ever just gone to a public one like this. Wufei pushed open the door to the office, then stepped in; looking around the water stained room and finding it empty.

"Excuse me. Is there someone here I could speak to?" Wufei moved further into the room, peering through a doorway of what looked to be the principal's office.

The last thing Wufei had expected was for Dorothy Catalonia to stick her head out the door before gesturing him in. "Sorry about that, my secretary is home with her sick toddler." She hadn't even looked up to see who she was talking to, just glanced out, saw movement, and waved him back in. She was dressed like he'd never seen her, wearing a pair of pants with many, many pockets, and a T shirt that looked like it came right off of one of her students.

Wufei didn't know what to make of her, so he did the easy thing, he followed her into the office. "I was here to ask about a job. Are you the principal?"

That finally got her to look up at him, and she froze for a second with her mouth open, obviously about to scold when she realized who he was. She closed her mouth, then sat back in her chair. "Might as well sit down. How did you end up at my little downtrodden school anyway?"

Wufei settled into the seat across from her, considering the girl that had been the source of much trouble during the war, but had become a friend while he was with MarieMaea. "I came here because I liked the name of the school, and you look like you needed the help."

Dorothy laughed at that, smiling a little. "You could say that. We have just about everything here though teacher wise, except maybe History. We've had a trail of Substitutes and teachers come through here a mile long, but they seem to tire of the explosions and things that keep happening around here. You liked the name of the school huh? Anarchy's Pledge High. Glad you like it, it was Marie's idea. So, will you answer my prayers and be my history teacher? Please?"

Wufei raised a hand to halt her pleading expression. "First, why weren't you suprized to see me? And second, what explosions? If there are explosions then why haven't the other teachers left as well?"

Dorothy went from pleading, to grinning. "Okay then, first, you aren't the only person from the way that's found my little school. Second, the explosions are from the science lab, our teacher for that is rather energetic about his projects and his students follow his lead. The other teachers are used to this little tendency. Plus, this school may not look like much, but we've gone through a lot of trouble to make sure this building won't ever cave in."

Wufei considered Dorothy for a long second, and was about to ask a question when the dismissal bell rang. She was going to hold of his questions the easiest way, by answering before he asked. Pushing down the intercom button, Dorothy started to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen, all detentions and after school projects scheduled for today will have to wait until tomorrow, I need your teachers. Said teachers, go to the conference room, pronto. Thank you."

"Is there a reason you did that?" Wufei eyed Dorothy as she stood up, gesturing for him to follow her to the previously mentioned conference room.

"Oh yes." Dorothy seated Wufei just before the first teacher arrived, making sure to stand in the way of Wufei's view.

"Alright Doro, what's the deal?" The voice was incredibly familiar to Wufei, and he was shocked to see the person standing there.

"Hello Duo, I think we might have found our new History teacher. Wufei, I'd like you to meet the resident science teacher Duo Maxwell." Dorothy smirked in amusement. She couldn't wait until the rest of the staff got there. Une may have the Preventers, but one Dorothy Catalonia had the preventing force.

To be continued.