Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Wilderness ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Wilderness
By Dentelle_Noir
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, duh. Don't you find this as redundant as I? I hope so.
 
Warning: Eventual yaoi. Man bashing.
 
NOTE: I'm giving Wilderness a bit of a re-haul and edit! Mostly from the middle on arethe larger changes, but the earlier chapters have more format and minor wording changes. Look for new chapters soon, though!
 
Summary: AU. 3x4. Stuck on a Wilderness vacation, Father `toughening him up', a deadly coincidence brings a forest ranger and the trouble following him, into their group. Quatre will have to prove to everyone just what the nancy-boy can do.
 
 
Prologue
 
Breath coming in pants, Trowa Barton sprinted as fast as his burning legs could take him through the lush, deep foliage.
 
He was just thankful he had come across a deer trail since it was smooth enough that he could get some distance between himself and the three men chasing him.
 
Knowing he couldn't stay on the trail for too long, lest they catch onto his location, he ducked into the forest cover, that added to the almost black night and shadowed foliage he was invisible. Except for his climbing rings, clanging noisily against each other like a gypsy scarf.
 
Shit.
 
They had been tucked well under his shirt, but the last vault over a tree trunk dislodged them and now it was a practical symphony at his side. Why not just out and scream "Here I am, come and kill me!" And they really would. The people chasing him had no problems with killing someone and disposing of the body. They were paid handsomely for their brute skills, he was sure. He also was pretty sure he knew who was paying them, but he couldn't prove it.
 
Although they might keep him alive long enough to find out he'd never tell them where the rest of his group was.
 
Leaping over a fallen tree and ducking into the valley behind it, he crouched down. Grabbing his belt that was a practical jingle of his climbing equipment, he swung it up and tucked it into his tight, water-resistant sleeveless shirt designed to keep him warm with room to paddle. He had long ago lost his nylon jacket.
 
Double-checking that the foliage from the newly fallen tree covered him, Trowa took a second to catch his breath under the moonlit darkness that covered him in his forest. He may have only been a ranger there for the last two months, but he was already attached to the damnable patch of trees and dirt and all the friends he became closer with because of it. He was not about to let anything happen to it.
 
Thankfully, the forest itself had come up with the solution. Well, it and legislation that prevented endangered animal's habitats from being destroyed. And he had the answer secured to his pack, the cage nicely shrouded and the little winged beast sedated so the trip would be easier.
 
He just hopped to hell that the run hadn't woken it or he was done for.
 
He could hear hurried footsteps coming closer to his hiding spot. He pushed deeper into the tree, the dead and dying leaves thankfully not disintegrating on contact, and providing him with a darkness that even the moonlight couldn't penetrate, let alone the gazes of the three following him. He was too exhausted to outrun them, he knew, and he was crossing his fingers for a little luck.
 
The steps slowed just in front of the tree, but at its furthest end. Trowa was confident that he was hidden. He knew the forest as well as any animal that had been living in her for their entire life.
 
"Fuck. Where'd that little ranger boy go!" One of the pursuers screamed. Obviously, it was Mueller or Alex, because Nichol wasn't stupid enough to just out and broadcast their position as loudly as that. Trowa had been able to get in and out of the caves right under Alex and Mueller's noses, but Nichol was better than that. He had known something was up.
 
“Where is he, Alex?” Another voice asked, joining the first in standing at the foot of the tree. Trowa began to sweat.
 
"FUCK!!" Alex shouted again, frustrated, and decided to boot the fallen tress beside him, just to destroy something.
 
His boot impacted and sent the entire tree trembling in his wake, the top of the tree actually swiveled, knocking over the boulders and everything else that was under it with a grunt of pain.
 
From in the deep blackness of the tree came an ear shattering hysteric screech echoing a frantic scream throughout the forest. Alex smirked.
 
 
 
 
Shit.