Hakkenden Fan Fiction ❯ Shin Hakkenden: ECLIPSE ❯ Alone in Space ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yes, yes…this is way too old but I can't help but still write the Shinhakkenden fanfic I've always wanted to make.
 
NOTES:
 
1: The fanfic starts 1 year and a half after the events of earth's restoration, meaning the year will be 2589, and the people living in the Eight Moons are generally scattered in the different continents of Earth.
2: There will be OCs in this fic. Yes, OCs! But don't worry there won't be Mary Sues (at least I hope none).
3: This story will have a low rating for now, but as the chapters go on and the story takes a darker turn…well, yeah. We'll see what the final rating will be ne?
 
About the pairings: OK, the only real canon pairing I've vibed throughout the whole show is KouRuty. So to keep my fanfic (/baby) safe, there will be no official pairings. Decide what pairings you want yourself. Besides, I never was a fan of romance anyway.
PS: No offense to the other shippers out there! ^^ I'm just really slow when it comes to love vibes. Eheheh…
 
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Shinhakkenden. If I read the credits right, all of it belongs to the Public-Basics people. I'm not making any profit in writing this fanfic. It is just for the pure enjoyment of me and its fans. I do own the plot of this fanfic, and the OCs.
 
 
With that said, let's begin:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shin Hakkenden:
ECLIPSE
 
Prologue: Alone in Space
 
The mother ship was floating silently in space that night. Hardly anything disturbed its flight as it made its way deeper and deeper into the Milky Way.
Considering this, it was no surprise that the bridge was rather quiet. Another that was contributing to the silence was that, surprisingly for a mother ship, two people on it at the moment.
But in a short while, the silence in the ship was about to change.
And it all began with the sound of a sliding door.
 
The first one to notice the disturbance was a tall, broad-shouldered man, clothed in smart military uniform, with combed back brown hair and sharp green eyes. Said eyes widened considerably at the cause of the door's opening. “K—Ken-sama!”
At his shocked, sharp exclamation, his companion on the bridge swiftly turned her gaze to the new person that entered the room.
His hair and eyes were a lustrous shade of purple, making his paler than normal skin glow like the moon. He was wearing a simple black robe with golden trimmings. And he looked like, to say the least, someone who returned from being dead.
He waved away the stares at him quite casually. “Stop staring, minna everyone). It's rather unbecoming of people such as yourselves. Besides, it's not like I'll disappear any time soon—!”
“But Ken-sama, you should be in bed! You're not supposed to—!”
“—be taking a break while everyone else in my crew is working in the dead of the night, Gilbert-taichou (captain).” Ken said smoothly, leveling his gaze with the brown haired man who first saw his entrance. “I am the head of this crew after all. I have responsibilities that I must see to.”
“Screw responsibility, Ken-sama!” Said Gilbert's female companion on the bridge. She was wearing a black top and mini skirt with fishnet stockings on her legs and arm length gloves, and was looking rather crossly at her master. “You haven't been sleeping well lately! Your health is already at the pits, and your lack of rest could get you in real trouble! Honestly, I think you should cut yourself some slack!”
“Asuka…” Ken sighed, smiling slightly. “I'll be fine. I've already slept for a good while now. I'll take a break once I feel too tired to carry on. I promise.”
Asuka shook her head, her dark green ponytail furiously swaying in the air. “Still, Ken-sama, you—!”
“KEN, WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU'D BETTER BE PREPARED FOR IT!!!”
Ken's purple eyes widened considerably. “Oh hell…”
 
The sliding door opened again to reveal an angry looking blonde man wearing a white suit who walked—stomped—unceremoniously into the bridge. Behind him was a beautiful black haired girl wearing a cleric's uniform, who was looking very apologetic for her companion's lack of decorum.
“Uh, hi, Raiden…”
“DON'T `HI, RAIDEN' ME, YOU BAKA (Idiot)! WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT EARLIER ABOUT YOU BEING IN BED?”
“Erm,” Ken looked sheepishly at the fuming blonde. “Not to—?”
“EXACTLY! SO WHICH PART OF `DO NOT GET OUT OF BED UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN' DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND?! HONESTLY DO YOU WANT TO DRIVE EVERYONE INSANE WORRYING ABOUT YOUR HEALTH EVERY DAMN MILLISECOND?!”
“G—gomen (I'm sorry), Raiden. It's just that…I really can't sleep whenever I think that…all of you are working so hard. I…I still have responsibilities. I…” Ken's eyes were suddenly overflowing with guilt and embarrassment. He could hardly keep his gaze at his “retainer”. He never could whenever he knew he had upset the blonde…
Raiden sighed deeply, trying to calm himself while mentally berating his temper-induced yelling. He too could never stand seeing the younger boy looking so dejected. “Come here.”
 
Ken approached Raiden shyly as the older teen put an arm around the purple haired boy's shoulder. “I'm sorry for shouting at you like that. But you know that we're all just very worried about you here. The thought of you stressing yourself out like this…it makes us think that you're not taking into consideration our feelings.”
“Ie (No), that's not true!” Ken's eyes shot up to meet Raiden's blue eyes in horror. “Gomen, I didn't mean for you to feel that way! But, see, I just…”
“You don't have to think of everybody all the time. I'll take charge of everything for now. In the meantime, get yourself some more rest. We can't put your health at further more danger now, can we?”
“…Hai (Yes).”
“Very good. Now let's get you back to your room, shall we?” Raiden then gestured at the girl behind him. “Erika, I trust you can guide Ken back to his room?”
“H—hai, of course!” Erika nodded. “Come, Ken-sama. You'll be needing your rest.”
Ken smiled kindly back at the girl before turning to his crew. “Gomen, minna. I'm such trouble to all of you. If it weren't for me, you'll all still be…”
“Nonsense, Ken-sama!” Asuka countered. “There's no place we'd rather be than by your side! I'd sure pick to serve you than those old geezers any day, that's for sure!”
“Ken-sama, we have sworn fealty to serve you no matter what!” Gilbert added. “We assure you that we have never regretted our decision! We will follow you even to the ends of this galaxy!”
“You have done so much for us, Ken-sama.” Erika said determinedly. “This is the least we can do for you, so please allow us this chance…”
“So stop feeling so guilty about it already.” Raiden finished. “It will only take another day's journey…we'll be at that place soon. Then hopefully, we can find a cure for your illness and get back. Not that I'll be thrilled at thought of going home but…still, what matters most is your safety. That's the only reason we all agreed to take this journey after all.”
 
“Minna…Arigatou (thank you)…hontoni (really)…Arigatou…”
 
***
 
Final Notes:
Yes…a chapter full of OCs. But, I swear, it does get better!
To be honest, I wasn't going to post this at first, but seeing the limited number of SH fics…well, yeah, I decided, oh heck if it's for the sake of Shin Hakkenden fandom! And so here we are.
See you guys next chapter!