Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Ham-Hams goning online! Enter the world ❯ Digital life begins! Laura becoms Raishiuko ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is a collaboration work of myself and issac, we hope you enjoy!

Hamtaro Generation

Miracle Adventure special

Ham-Ham's going online

Enter the world

Laura was shopping in town with Kana for something really cool.

(Walking down a city street)

Kana: Are we there yet Laura? I'm really tired.

Laura: Just about Kana, I can't believe I finally have enough money to buy this game.

Her parents gave her a raise on her allowance for being such a good help around the house and knew just what she wanted to spend it on. She had already been saving a little bit of her allowance since it came out on the market.

Soon they reached "D.I games" the local game shop in town.

Kana: So this is the place, what does D.I stand for?

Laura: Digital interface, it's the name of the company who specializes in video games, the very people who make the game I want and it was important I go today because 40% off today.

So they walk in front of the door which opens automatically and enter inside.

They saw lots of interesting games and peripherals on display; they soon go to the display that has the game they came here for.

Laura: This is it Kana, this is "Digital Life." One of the coolest games out there!

Kana picks up a copy from the display and read the info on the back on the box.

(Reading)

Kana: If you ever wanted a game that was open-ended, filled with adventure and still feels like ordinary life? Then you've come to the right place, Digital life is a massively multi-player online game like no other.

It's completely a world within a world full of possibilities, you can fly a plane, drive a car and even fly a dragon and at the same time you could have a home away from your real home. Weather you find it a novelty or a just a fun game, Digital life is a fun time and has something for just about anyone.

This is the first in a 9-part series of online entertainment so we hope to enjoy you with this and future titles by D.I interface.

Game comes with 29 collectable game cards and 3 D.I interface visors that connect to your computer which brings you into the world of Digital life.

Additional volumes sold separately.

This is more involved than I thought.

Laura: It's not as hard as it looks, I played a demo at the mall and it was really fun, maybe you should get one Kana. That way we can help each other out.

Kana: Well I did bring some money I saved up, and since it's at a good price than I guess I'll give it try.

Laura then grabs another copy from the display.

Laura: Great! Let's go ring them up.

So they each pay for the copy of the game they go to their own homes to register. Laura rushes up to her room and puts down her other stuff she shopped for on her bed and went to her computer.

Hamtaro was in his cage gnawing away at seeds wondering what Laura was up to.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: What's that box Laura has? Is it a new kind of treat?

Laura carefully opens the box and takes out the peripherals and loads the disc inside the CD-ROM drive. She connects the visor to her USB port; she then stars typing on the keyboard until everything is fully loaded.

Laura: This is so exciting!

Then she entered the register screen and a voice said-

(From inside the computer)

Voice: Welcome, thank you for purchasing Digital life volume one. We hope you enjoy this massively multi-player online world. Please type you handle.

Then a box appeared and on the left it said "Please type your handle."

Laura: Hmm? What should I call myself? I know!

Laura then types in "Raishiuko" and presses enter.

Then the voice asked-

Voice: please type in a password.

Laura types in "Hamtaro" and presses enter.

Voice: Please tell us if you're a boy or girl.

Laura uses the mouse and clicks on the girl icon.

Then the voice asked-

Voice: What's your age?

Laura typed in 10 and pressed enter, the voice then asked-

Voice: Please tell us your general information.

Laura typed in her real name and phone number; she had previously got her parent's permission to do so. She then pressed enter and the voice then said-

Voice: Thank you, this information will be used to keep track of our many players and we promise to keep this information between you and our privacy administrators.

The screen then changes to game's desktop where she reads-

Laura: Now your one step closer to the world of digital life, just answer this immersive questionnaire and a little more customization and you'll soon be starting your "Digital life."

1. What is your age bracket?

Laura clicked on the 10-15 brackets; then she went to the next question.

2. Do you have any friends who also purchased this game?

Laura clicked on yes and went to the next question.

3. How many live in your house?

Laura clicks on three and moves to the next question.

4. Do you have any pets, how many?

She clicks on "Yes I have 2" and moves on to the next question.

5. Do you plan to meet up with friends in this game?

Laura clicked yes and moved to the next question.

6. What role would this game be in for you?

She chose just for fun and moved onto the next question.

7. Do you believe in adventure?

Laura chose yes and moved on.

8. Do you have a favorite genre of game?

Laura chose I never thought about it and moved to the last question.

9. Are you ready for a new wave of gamming?

Laura chose yes and that was the end of the questionnaire. Then the voice said-

Voice: There now all you have to do is decide how you want to look in this game. Please put on your D.I interface visor and pull out you microphone from the right ear socket.

Laura: Wow this has a microphone?!

Laura put on the visor and pushed a button on the right ear socket and a microphone zoomed out automatically and adjusted to Laura's mouth.

Laura: Cool.

Then she looked back the screen and the voice said-

Voice: We are now scanning your body into your game, please standby.

The download screen goes from 10 to 23% and then steadily goes to a full 100% and entered the character development screen.

Voice: Okay now that your basic body is in the game you now can begin customizing your character. Using our databanks and analyzing your likes and dislikes we've integrated your personality into your character. Based on our data we will show what we think your character you want to be seen as.

As a test to see if your microphone works please recite this sentence. If successful we will repeat what you said. Begin now!

Come on, let's go!

Laura: Come on. let's go!

(Laura's voice in the computer)

Voice: Come on, let's go!

Hamtaro was confused by all this.

Hamtaro: Who is Laura talking to? I don't see anyone. Is it that computer thing?

Voice: Did you hear your voice?

Laura types in yes and presses enter.

Voice: Great! Now we'll show you an avatar of what you might choose to look like.

Then through the visor she saw a somewhat taller more older version of herself.

Her brown hair touched further down her back, she was a bit taller than she actually is. She still had her same hairstyle and face except she had a winged heart mark on her forehead. She had on a white shirt with her bellybutton showing, a red sweater vest with pocket on the top of the left and right side.

She wore brown Mary Jane-like shoes and denim jean shorts.

Voice: Would you like this avatar?

Laura thought it over for awhile and said-

Laura: Yes.

The screen flashed green and the voice said-

Voice: Now there are just a few more things to do. You need to choose a route town. After you've been in the game awhile you can move to other towns found everywhere throughout the game but for now choose from these three-

Murasha Town

Yutona City

Vuchensa Village

Then threw the visor Laura saw a clip of what Murasha Town looks like.

Voice: Murasha Town is a quiet friendly community filled with activity, stop act the local hangouts like the Murasha café to discuss recent events in the digital life world or in the real world. Make friends and learn of fun trips and adventures to go on or just do what you'd do in real life but maybe have more ways to do what like if you can't drive a car in real life here you can!, overall a fun town to take root. Don't forget to look at the nature surrounding the area.

Laura: It reminds me of home.

Then the voice said-

Then there's Yutona City!

The visor now shows Laura a virtual tour of Yutona City.

Voice: Yutona City's a little livelier; it's a hustle and bustle type of town. You can really do some cool shopping around here, and with 33,000 people or people-like beings living here with more moving in each day you'll have no end of people to talk to. But be careful you don't get lost, also note that there's a bridge from Murasha town to Yutona City so either way you get two cool places in one!

Laura: That's good though I think I might pass on Yutona, it's way to crowded for my taste.

Then the voice said-

Voice: Not for you well last but not least Vuchensa Village!

The visor now shows Laura a virtual tour of Vuchensa Village.

Voice: Up in the mountains is Vuchensa Village, mostly a farm community but it's far from boring, there are many farms, caves and rivers to explore. You might even find a secret area or two. While you don't have to start a farm to live here in order to leave and visit other areas you'll need to ride a dragon up to and down from the mountain and have a veicehial waiting down below. So what's your decision?

Laura didn't think she was ready to ride a dragon just yet so she knew the right place for her was-

Laura: Murasha Town.

Voice: Are you sure?

Laura: Yes.

Voice: Great then! We've taken the liberty to scan what your real life house looks like and put in an available area of land. Do you mind being in the town or would like to be a little further out?

Laura: Further out.

Voice: Okay then there a hill that looks right over town, you'd be able to walk or ride down once you get a veichial but more on that later. We can only provide you with a bed some drawers and a computer terminal in your home anything else you'll have to get on your own, but don't worry I'll be right by your side to help you. Now you're ready to enter your digital life.

Now just say "Raishiuko logging on."

Laura: Raishiuko logging on!

Just then a white light emitted from the visor and soon the whole room was engulfed in the white light.

Soon after it dimmed Hamtaro opened his eyes and saw that Laura was gone.

Hamtaro: Laura! Where did you go?! It must be that computer box; it took Laura away in a white light. I've got to get the ham-hams!

Hamtaro opened his cage door and ran off to enlist the aid of the ham-hams for help.

Meanwhile in the world of Digital life Laura opened her eyes to see she was wearing what her avatar was wearing, her visor was gone and she had an odd looking metal bracelet on her wrist.

Laura: Wow that was quite an entrance. Huh?

Laura looked around to see that it looked like nothing changed.

Laura: Everything's the same, is the game not working?

Then Laura saw something odd fly by her window.

Laura: What was that?!

Laura quickly ran to the window and saw she was not in her neighborhood anymore.

Laura: Everything is not how I remember it so; I must be in the game! Now I remember the game made of copy of my house and put in Murasha town just where I wanted it to be.

Voice: Of course.

Laura: Huh?! Who said that?

Voice: I did! Up here!

Laura looked up to see a tiny boy with wings floating above her.

Boy: Welcome to Murasha town Laura!

Laura: Who are you? How do you know my name?

Boy: I'm your fairy guide! I'll help you throughout the game and give you advice as well as guide you through some really neat stuff. I also make sure to keep your personal info safe.

Laura: You're the voice from my computer back in my world.

Boy: Yes that was me, everyone here has a fairy guide to help them and I hope we'll be great friends! My name's Onaka.

Laura: It's nice to meet you; well you already know my real name.

Onaka: Yep but only I know that no one else will unless you tell someone else. I know your handle as well Raishiuko.

Laura: This is so cool! I can't wait to find Kana and meet her here.

Onaka: So you want to find your friend here?

Laura: Yeah is there a way I can do it?

Onaka: Yes come to your computer terminal.

Laura look puzzled but followed Onaka to where her computer is in the real world but it was different looking.

Laura: This is exactly where my computer is in my own world, but it looks more hi-tech.

Onaka: This is your home computer terminal it has all your special data inside, only you and I know the password to get in. Enter it and I'll explain further.

Laura: Okay.

Laura turned on her computer terminal and went to the desktop. There a digitized woman's voice said-

(Voice from inside the terminal)

Voice: Welcome to your personal desktop Miss Raishiuko. Please enter your password.

Laura: What was my password again? Oh yeah Hamtaro! I wonder how he's doing.

Laura type in "Hamtaro" and pressed enter.

Terminal voice: Thank you, my name is P.E.R.C.O.L.A

Personal

Electronic

Radio

Computer

Online

LAN terminal

Advanced

what can I assist you with?

Laura was unsure of what to say.

Onaka: Go ahead ask her about your friend.

Laura: I want to know if my friend Kana has registered yet.

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: Let me do an area wide search, her full name?

Laura: Kana Iwata.

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: Searching… Kana Iwata-

She scanned all she could and then-

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: I found one listing, she's in Murasha town.

Laura: Isn't that were I am?

Onaka: Yes where in the route town you chose.

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: I have her member address; you can send her an e-mail.

Onaka: Oh yeah you'll need a member address.

Laura: What's a member address?

Onaka: It's your e-mail address in the game; you can also send instant messages as well using this address but let's discuss e-mail first. Ask P.E.R.C.O.L.A to start you a member address.

Laura: P.E.R.C.O.L.A could you start my member address?

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: I certainly can Miss Raishiuko. First I'll save your friend's member address in the contact list. Now let's get you a member address. The best way is to use your handle as the name of your member address. Are you okay with that?

Laura: Yes.

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: Alright I'm confirming it with the game-wide computer network-

There were windows popping up and then closing automatically when-

P.E.R.C.O.L.A: There your member address is officially Raishiuko@P.E.R.C.O.L.A.ternminal. Now you can contact Kana whose handle and member address is Omarisu@D.E.L.T.A.terminal.

Laura clicked on Kana's member address and began typing her e-mail.

Meanwhile back in the real world Hamtaro had just reached the clubhouse door and opened and closed it quickly.

Hakeru: Hey Hamtaro what's up.

Hamtaro: You won't believe what's up, Laura's disappeared!

Pashmina: Disappeared? How so?

Penelope: Okwee?

Hamtaro: Well all I know is Laura came home with a weird looking box with pictures on it and took out some odd looking glasses and some round thing. Laura put the round thing into the computer box and was tapping on something I heard was a keyboard. Then she started talking to someone I couldn't see and put on those odd glasses, the next thing I know she shouted something, there was a piercing white light and when I looked again and she was gone.

Everyone didn't know what to say except-

Boss: You're right I don't believe it.

Hamtaro: But it's true! I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears.

Boss: Maybe you just imagined the whole thing, maybe the sun got in your eyes and Laura went out somewhere.

Hamtaro: I know she was standing right at the computer and she was gone.

T.W: Maybe there is something to this story. I say we should at least think about this.

Boss: What's the reason except maybe some of us aren't setting enough sleep.

Just then Oxnard came in really freaked out.

Oxnard: Oh guys you won't believe what I just saw!

Boss: Let me guess you sitting in your cage minding your own business when Kana came home with a strange looking box with a round thing and funny glasses inside. She was talking to someone you couldn't see and then in a bright light she disappeared.

Oxnard: That's exactly right! But how did you know what I was going to say?

Boss: Call it field ham's intuition.

(With a sarcastic look in his eyes)

T.W: More like Hamtaro said the exact same thing just awhile ago?

Boss blushed a little then said-

Boss: Yeah that too.

Oxnard: Hamtaro you mean-

Hamtaro: Yeah the same thing happened to Laura.

Bijou: Well I believe you and hope to be of help.

Sandy: This sounds really freaky.

Maxwell: It doesn't sound like anything I've read about.

Hamtaro: What am I going to do?! What could be happening to Laura right now?

Oxnard: And what of Kana, I miss her already and she only left ten minutes ago.

T.W: Don't loose hope you two we'll find a way to work this out.

Hakeru: That's right, we've been in tight spots before and always found a way, we can find a way again!

Boss: Than it's settled, we'll split up into two groups one will go to Hamtaro's the other to Oxnard's and we'll find out just what's going on.

Hamtaro: But Boss I thought you didn't believe us?

T.W: Why the change of opinion?

Boss: Well I don't quite believe everything but it's obvious something happened so it's time we find out what's really going on.

Pashmina: Well I certainly want to be of some help, don't you?

Penelope: Okwee!

Maxwell: I'll be glad to lend my assistance as well.

Dexter: Well if Pashmina's going and something indeed is wrong than what kind of ham would I be to let my friends go it alone, so yes I shall go.

Howdy: Yeah what he said, besides this sounds like an opportunity.

Panda: I'm certainly up for it!

Cappy: Me too!

Sandy: We're going too right bro?

Stan: I wouldn't have any other way.

Hamtaro: Thanks everyone, now let's go find Laura and Kana!

Meanwhile back in the digital life world Laura had sent her e-mail to Kana and was waiting for a reply.

Laura: So I now I just wait?

Onaka: You can if you want but don't you want to go into town?

Laura: I wanted Kana and me to go together.

Onaka: Well can go into town and get your e-mail when it comes in. That's what your C.R.A.R.P-C does.

Laura: C.R.A.R.P-C? You mean this thing on my wrist?

Onaka: Yes it's stands for-

Card

Reader

And

Radio

Personal

Computer

It's like a handheld computer, it's interfaceable with your computer terminal, when your friend responses to your e-mail P.E.R.C.O.L.A will send that e-mail to your C.R.A.R.P-C and you can send a message back by talking into it. Besides she might send you an IM soon enough.

Laura: Well if that's the case then let's go into town!

Onaka: Great! Let's turn off P.E.R.C.O.L.A and then we'll go, don't worry though she'll still forward the e-mail to your C.R.A.R.P-C even when turned off. That way no one can access your personal data while were gone.

Laura: Okay.

Laura switches off P.E.R.C.O.L.A and they soon leave the room closing the door behind them as they headed outside

Meanwhile back in the real world the hams split up into two groups. Hamtaro, Hakeru, T.W, Bijou, Sandy and Maxwell went back to Laura's room to look for clues.

Hamtaro led them to where Laura disappeared and began looking for clues.

Hamtaro: This is where she disappeared, Look for anything suspicious.

Everyone looks all over the desk and drawers when T.W found the box in question.

T.W: Hey everyone I think I found something.

Soon everyone came to where T.W was and saw the alleged box.

T.W: Hamtaro is this the box you say the odd glasses and the round thing came in?

Hamtaro: Yeah. Do you know what they were?

T.W read the words on the back of this box and soon found what was going on.

(Chuckles)

T.W: So that's what happened!

Hamtaro: I don't get what's so funny?

T.W: You don't have to worry anymore I know where Laura is.

Hamtaro: You do? Where?

T.W: She's entered the game "Digital Life."

Hamtaro: Heke?

T.W: Let me explain, Digital life is a game played with hundreds of computers over the internet. It's kind of like a clubhouse with people from all over the world.

Hamtaro: So I have nothing to worry about?

T.W: Nope Laura is just fine she's just playing a game. But if you want to be sure maybe we can find a way inside the game and check on her.

Hamtaro: Great than let's get the others.

So they leave Laura's room to join the others where Maxwell had explained pretty much the same thing T.W did and they all agreed somehow they'd enter the game.

Meanwhile in the game Laura know as Raishiuko walked down the hill from her house and entered town.

Laura was quite taken by everything, the sky, the trees, the birds it all seemed so real. Onaka could see this as he fluttered behind her.

Laura: This place is amazing, where should we go first?

Onaka: Wherever you like, though I suggest the Murasha café. you can find out about some adventures and quests you can go on, you can get money for going on quests for some one and use it to buy furniture for your house and specials potions, books, scrolls, cards and lots more stuff for your adventures and missions and just to go about life. You have 30.000 money chips. You'll want to earn more threw adventures and quests or getting regular everyday jobs.

Laura: That's a lot to remember.

Onaka: Don't worry we'll take it slow so do you want to go?

Laura: Yeah!

Onaka: Okay to find it press the button shaped like a map on your C.R.A.R.P-C and ask it where the café is?

Laura press the map shaped button on the C.R.A.R.P-C and asked-

Laura: Where can I find the Murasha café?

C.R.A.R.P-C activated and brought up the map.

Onaka: That blinking light is where the café is, the green arrow is where we are so this will guide us.

Laura: Ok let's go!

So with Onaka at his side Laura heads off for what would be a long and wonderful adventure. Meanwhile back in the real world Hamtaro and friends where trying to think of a way into the game, would they succeed?

More next time

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!