Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ thoughts of wisdom and awards ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Man, this one's been full of amazement hasn't it, peeps? Well, on with the show.
 
The events of the tournament were a bit unsettling. A lot of hamsters were appauled of the result of the doubles championship. It has been two days since the event:
 
"Hmm... Re has told me to stand guard here. Repentence is approaching towards me as she told me." Jam said as he stood on a tree branch. I wonder whom those souls may be....
 
Meanwhile inside the clubhouse, the hams had all shown up and are on the floor. "Hey you guys, these new songs sound pretty cool." said Hamtaro.
"Yeah, they're fun to cut a rug to." added Oxnard.
"It's still such a shame about what happened two days ago, you and Pashmina got totally ripped out of your shot." said Tango.
"Don't remind me." said Dexter and Pashmina.
"Well I'll say this," said Stan. "I'll be happy to let them have it if they showed up here."
"You said it." said Howdy. "What they did was uncalled for."
"The plus side of that is that a lot of people know those cowards are a couple of cheats."
"I'm amazed that the Comets came to Jam's aide, especially Noah." said Cappy.
"That's true." said Boss. "Despite their intimidating styles, they really aren't so bad... as far as troublemakers go."
"I was thinking more like antiheroes." said Maxwell.
"Regardless, Dexter and Pashmina were unfairly judged during their match." said Stan.
"It's interesting to see Pashmina take this so calmly." said Tango.
"Well, Pashmina's not the type to hold grudges, Tango." said Bijou.
"Still, I'd be upset if it were to happen to me."
"Tango, don't feed gasoline to a fire." said Roll. "If anyone should be doing that, it's me."
 
Back to outside, Jam still stood sentry in wait for what his premise told him. Hmm, the day is good. Hopefully those Re mentioned will-- Jam's thought were cut off by three familiar frames and two new ones. So Re has brought them to me huh? I wonder what the gods have planned with them...
 
"Kit-n-Kat, do you have any idea where they may be?" asked Emi.
"Actually, I was just following you." Kit-n-Kat said.
"Just great, we're lost."
"Not entirely, look up you two." said Rage.
Emi and Kit-n-Kat looked to where Rage had pointed to, which was directly at Jam. Well I'll be.... it's Jam. thought Kit-n-Kat.
"I was expecting you to show up, as I was waiting for you since sunrise." Jam said to them.
"That's really kind of you, going out of your way and all." said Emi.
"Not really. So I take it those suits are from the dancing committee... which means some punishments have been overgone."
"Enough monologues, just take us to the rest of the hams." said Kit-n-Kat. "We have business to attend to."
"Well then, I better bid thee good day." and off Jam leaped behind the tree.
"Wait, hold up!" Rage yelled.
"Too late, he's gone." said Emi.
"Thanks a lot, Kit. Now we won't find his friends because of you."
"Tch, he's just toying with us. Relax already, I've got everything under control." said Kit-n-Kat.
"No, you had everything under control. Now I'm taking charge of this here search and you take a chill pill."
"Fine, lead the way 'cap-i-tan' while I follow you."
"You should be lucky that you weren't stripped like Emi and I were." and off those five walked.
So, the doubles champs were stripped huh? Dexter will be pleased with this news. thought Jam. The Ra's Hamster swung his blade and in a ring of flames, teleported to the clubhouse.
 
Meanwhile, the hams were hitting the floor. "Pashmina, come on and get on the floor, you'll feel better." said Roll.
"No thanks, maybe later." Pashmina answered.
"But you can't keep this up all day, you were like this yesterday."
"Roll, leave Pashy be. In ripe time, she will return to the floor after her time of reflection." said Jam.
"So where did you go?" asked Dexter.
"I enjoyed the fresh air. Also, I ran into the 'champs' outside. They're looking for this place at this moment and they're accompanied by two members of the dancing committee."
"So what?"
"Well, Stan's premise was correct, Rage and Emi were stripped. Kit-n-Kat holds her title still however."
"Good, those two cheats deserved to be stripped." said Stan.
Pashmina perked her head up. "They deserve more than being stripped if you ask me. I say we find em and let those rats have some just desserts." said Tango.
"Tango, we will not assault them." said Jam.
"Hmf, I'm for Tango's idea, let's go pummel those cheats." said Howdy.
"Yeah, they needs to be taught a lesson." said Sandy.
"They shall not be harmed..." said Jam. "But I will need your aide, Boss."
"Let's go." said Boss. "You come to, Panda. Your cleverness will be needed for this plan."
"Sure, let's do it." said Panda. And together with Boss, they and Jam left throught the evacuation tunnels.
 
Outside, the three champs and committee members sat under a tree. "Okay, let's just go. It's obvious we'll never find them." said Emi.
"No way, we're going to look further. Jam couldn't have gone far, I'm sure of it." said Rage.
"Can I lead again?" asked Kit-n-Kat.
"No." answered the two members of the committee.
"They're right, you've done enough, Kit." said Rage.
"Funny, I don't think she's done enough." Boss walks out from behind a rock.
"Thank god. Hey, do you know where to find Dexter and Pashmina?" asked Emi.
"They're at my place." Boss answered. "But why should I help you out?"
"Because you won't get your award if you don't." answered Rage.
"After the way you and your friend reacted during your match, that's not something that'll hurt without being in my possession. But you three should be ashamed of yourselves, especially you former world champs. You did a lot more damage than you thought. Believe me, you'll pay a high price.... or at least you would, but Jam made me promise not to harm you."
"Not to be rude or anything, but are we gonna go there now?" asked Kit-n-Kat.
"Fine, but you better keep up." and off Boss ran.
 
The committee hams, Rage, Emi and Kit-n-Kat ran after Boss. Boss turned so he ran behind a tree and when his followers did the same, they fell into a hole. "Hey Thaddeous, Monroe, are you two all right?" Rage asked.
"I'm fine." Thaddeous answered. "How are you, Monroe?"
"Other than having a stinging pride, I'm okay." Monroe answered.
"Come on you guys, or you'll never find it." they heard Boss call to them.
The five hamsters got out of there hole and ran on. "Emi, something tells me that that hole was no accident." Rage said.
"Of course not, it was a trap." Kit-n-Kat cleared up. "They're toying with us."
"Well let's not fall into another one."
Not too long after that was said, so they fell into a trap. Only this one had a slide and the five slid all the way down and landing in a nice little pile. "I'm getting too old for this." said Thaddeous.
"Same here, Thadd." agreed Monroe.
"That's a bunch of poo." The five hamsters looked up to see Panda. "Even Aunt Viv is older than you two and she has a lot of energy. By the way, I hope you like my slide, I built it myself. Now shake off the dust and come on, you're almost there."
 
Panda led the five into the tunnels leading to the clubhouse. When Rage and the rest of his party made it to the door, they were worn out. "Man, I'm beat. This job of running around isn't for bit-timers like us." said Monroe.
"And my wife says I don't exercise..." said Thaddeous.
Once all five of them caught their breath, Monroe opened the door and Jam was there to greet them. "Welcome to this serene chamber of the clubhouse."
"Yes, thank you young man." said Monroe as he and Thaddeous passed him by.
"Hey, what is that on your head?" asked Emi. "The round thing I mean..."
"Your final test." Jam answered. "The Overseer's Eye sees all, no one can escape its sight. It shall determine your fate."
 
Then four step arrows appeared around Jam, making a field looking like one side of a DDR dance floor. "To enter, yo must pass this final test. Stepp along the four arrows accordingly as the eye watches you."
"Really?" asked Emi. "And then I can enter?"
"That's it."
"Okay, I guess I can do that."
"Remember, if you move before the eye can see you, you have failed the test, so make it count... as you only have one shot at this."
"O-kay, that's going to be tricky."
"Good luck. And remember to lead with your left foot each time."
 
Emi stepped right in front of Jam, on the down arrow. Okay, where do we do from here... Emi thought. She wanted to go left, but took her move back and accidently move backward. This caused her to teleport and land on the up arrow. The eye rolled over backwards to look at her. Freaky... Emi moved to the right arrow and the eye followed her. The eye blinked, then showed the number "3". "Hmm, I guess I have three more moves." Emi stepped backward, being teleported and landing on the left arrow. The eye rolled over backwards, blinked, then showed the number "2". Emi moved to the down arrow, the eye follwed her and blinked one last time. Emi moved backwards, being teleported and landing in the up arrow. Flames surrounded her and the flames in front of her opened like a door. "You may pass." said an odd voice."
"Cool, I made it." said Emi as she stepped forward.
 
The eye returned to it original position. The hams made way for Emi at the table and she sat down. Tango switched the music to Up, Down, Left, Right. "With a new journeyman, a new test. Step forward whoever wishes to go next." said Jam.
"I don't buy it, not one bit." said Kit-n-Kat.
"So what? These are rules, there isn't much choice." said Rage.
"Whatever." Kit-n-Kat rolled her eyes and stepped forward. Instantly, she was flung into the tunnel.
"Failure before beginning, so sad." said Jam. "I told you to lead with your left foot. Rage, whenever you're ready..."
 
Rage led himself properly onto the arrow, then moved to the left arrow. The eye turned to follow him. Hmm, something's up with that eye. he thought. Rage then looked into the eye carefully and noticed something... a left arrow. No way.... Rage moved left to the up arrow and the eye followed. This eye is telling me exactly how to step. The key is in this moving eye.... I wonder if Emi saw this on her "journey" through... Rage moved backward, being teleported to the down arrow... the eye rolled over to see him, then blinked. Now it says the number "8", I guess that's how many moves I have left. Rage continued to look into the eye for his guidance and on the final step... "You may pass." and Rage was through.
*
 
"Now that your passage is over with, what's the deal?" asked Boss.
"That'll be explained in a moment," said Monroe, "but first, introduction. I'm Monroe, and this is my collegue Thaddeous. We are from the dancing committee."
"Good day to you all." Thaddeous greeted.
Monroe continued. "Now, we're here to present the last of the awards. First off Boss, I would like to congradulate you on your prowess. Very good show." Monroe gave Boss his medal.
Boss put his bronze around his neck. "Not bad for an unknown's first shot, huh?"
"Very nice."
Thaddeous took over. "Now for our others. You will not believe the amount of mailed complaints that we had from the past event. All of them flooded our desk, and after watching the event unfold, Rage and Emi were summoned by us."
"So why are they here now?" asked Stan.
"On official business."
"Well, I hope you're happy with yourselves, you did a lot of damage you know. We don't take to kindly to cheats here, so you really got a lot of nerve showing up after the disgrace from the end of the tournament. You should rot in hell for the publicity stunt you pulled, rot and decay I say!"
"Young man, calm yourself."
"It's all right, Thaddeous. Stan has a right to do this to us, it's okay." said Rage.
"Does anyone else have any pent up anger to get off their chest?" asked Emi.
"I'm just disappointed at you two." said Dexter. "I expected you to handle this in a much better way than how those past events were. If I'd have known you be a couple of cake boys on such a powerful mod, I'd have just turned it off. You should both be more than ashamed of yourselves."
 
This countinued for a while..... "Well, is there anymore frustration left in anyone?" asked Rage.
"Pashmina, go ahead say your piece," said Sandy, "this did affect you as much as it did Dexter, y'know."
"No, I'm fine." Pasmina answered softly.
"She's taking this pretty well." said Emi.
"It's not in her nature to hold grudges from stuff like this. Not like the rest of us, but it would be good to tell them how hurt you are, Pashmiina." said Roll.
"I don't have anything to say." said Pashmina, softly again.
Emi just shrugged. "Can I come in now, or am I still forbidden?" Kit-n-Kat called from the tunnels.
"Come on in, you should've been in here already." Boss replied.
Kit-n-Kat walked in and took a seat at the table. "I don't understand how Pashmina seems content about this matter. She should be somewhat on a level to talk on how she feels."
"Where the body doesn't speak, the mind always talks a storm."
"Who said that?"
 
"That was just Snoozer." Jam explained. "He's one of those hams of few words, mainly because he's asleep all the time in his sock. But he does have a point, Pashy won't say a word, but her mind will tell her tale."
"Brains don't talk, Jam." said Hamtaro. "They think. How can a mind be heard?"
"You forget, the eye knows all."
"I... don't understand." said Rage.
"Watch and learn."
 
Jam placed the Overseer's Eye on Pashmina's head. "Please take this off of my head." said Pashmina.
"This eye doesn't work that way, Pashy." said Jam. "Your mind holds that eye in place, so now it is time. Regardless of what you don't want to say, you will be heard."
"I told you, I don't have anything to say." said Pashmina.
Of course you don't, you're too much of a nice girl to speak, so shut up and let me talk for you.
 
Everyone was shocked to hear Pashmina's mind respond like that. "A mind in such anger and pain, tell us now what you need to think." said Jam.
"Don't you mean 'need to say.' Jam?" asked Hamtaro.
Figures, you're always scatter-brained aren't you... I used to think if you did that on purpose, but now I know you're just plain naive. Pashmina's mind responded.
"Hey!"
Now hush like my sugar-coated self here is doing and maybe you'll learn something. Then a brief pause... You know, I was really skeptical about entering this tournament with Dexter, but I decided to do it anyway. As a result, I built up a lot of confidence. Now two days ago before this last tournament began, I had a bit of worries, worries which a good lay was able to fix. You know, I kinda like doing doggy-
"Let's stay on subject here please..." said Dexter.
You're right Dexter, but you really shouldn't be embarrassed, you're a big boy. Anyway.... You two, Rage and Emi.... if I knew you'd have decided to take the coward's way out--And don't say you didn't, because you did. If i knew you wre gonna pull that, I probably wouldn't have worried for half the night. Do you see what you've done to me? I haven't stepped foot on that machine since this whole incident. Sure I seem content, but that's because my body's too friggin nice.
 
I'm not as kind, however, and you two need... no, needed to be slapped for such a disgrace. Spirit of Competition, yeah right. You two need to be stripped and suspended.
"Well, actually we have been stripped." said Emi.
Good, but that's not all that needs to happen to you, you need a little more than just that "slap-on-the-paw" punishment. If you were an athlete in a sporting event like Terrell Owens, you'd have to pay a fine.
"Who's Terrell Owens?" asked Oxnard.
He plays footbal for the Philidelphia Eagles.
"Ah football...." said Jam.
Not only is my pride hurt, but so is my will to dance, I probably won't even step foot on another floor again because of you two. So take a good look at the damage you have done, I wanna make sure you have nightmares... Now you've been chewed out by the rest of the hams, except for Jam, but they left out something that I will include. All the training we went through, all the studying of the floors we did, all the songs we stepped so hard and busted our asses to get down to a science, all of that just to get a dishonorable disqualification? Thoughts cannot express how much you will pay, let alone words... Hamtaro.
"Thanks." said Hamtaro.
And now for you. You whining, crying, comlaining, pampered little snot-nosed brat. You of all people need to be slapped the hardest.
 
I Thought I would ever never see a champion so undignified like you. Even Penelope has more championship sense than you and the Comet Crew wanted to recruit her. And what is the deal with your constant grudging with Jam? You really don't get it at all when it comes to him, but I will let him explain himself to you. Not because of taking it from him, no. Because I as a brain can't do Jam any justice.
Everyone but the mentioned fell backwards out of their chairs. Ah, what a clever mind she is. Jam thought.
Now that I'm done thinking about chewing you out, maybe my body will finally speak to you.
"Well I must say, you're not only stron minded, but you also are strong in mind." said Maxwell.
"Thanks." said Pashmina. "I think my brain summed it up for me. Jam, it's your turn."
"I thought of an old proverb, but I forgot how it went. Therefore, I have nothing to say." Jam said.
"Hey you guys, can we dance now?" asked Tango. "I'm tired of being the DDR DJ."
"There's still business that needs to be taken care of." Jam reminded Tango.
"That is true." said Rage. "Dexter, Pashmina, these world titles are yours."
 
Rage and Emi handed their world titles to Dexter and Pashmina. Dexter took his, but Pashmina was a bit reluctant. "I.... oh forget my doubts. Thanks for doing the right thing." she said.
"Now that the titles are taken care of, there's only one last bit of business to deal with now." said Thaddeous. "Kit-n-Kat..."
"Yes?" Kit-n-Kat acknowledged the committeeham.
"You owe Jam an apology."
"What?!"
"Your unacceptable actions against Jam were also taken into consideration." Monroe explained. "And I believe an apology from you to him is much better than you being stripped."
"Yeah, cough it up you stubborn lil brat." said Sparkle.
"It is the least you could do since you held those uncalled for grudges and spite for him." said Bijou.
"You must be kidding....!" Kit-n-Kat roared.
"Sheesh Kit, just swallow your pride and apologize." Emi tried to reason with the champion. "Besides, it's not gonna kill you."
"You see, there's a problem with that, I'm not sorry."
"Kit-n-Kat..."
"Quit scolding her, Emi." said Jam. "If she doesn't want to, don't make her."
"Like it goes: 'You can lead a mule to water, but you can't make it drink.' Zu... zu... zu..." Trademark Snoozer says his piece.
"Right idea, wrong proverb. The correct proverb is: 'In every heard of mules, there's always one stubborn ass.' But at least you meant well." said Jam. The Ra's Hamster walked away from the table and started stretching. "You see, 'A stubborn ass, is the most likely of the mules to be left behind by the herd. Not because the ass has different ideal from the rest, but because that ass is intolerable.' 'Those who are right in mind are often stubborn in body, which leads to their demise.' So let her be stubborn, because 'Even the most stubborn of asses will get theirs in the end.'"
======================================================
 
Sorry to leave you hanging right here, but I'm saving it for the next part, which of course will be the end of this story. Until the last chapter everyone..... ~_^