Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 8. Innocence ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Behold! The grand total of everything I remember from US Government class.
 
Shawn, resigned to his fate, arrived at the entrance hall with only a few minutes to spare. At eight o'clock on the dot, Argus Filch stepped out of the shadows, Mrs. Norris lingering behind. “Got yourself another detention, have you?” he laughed. “I'll fix you up this time.” Shawn shivered. “Maybe I can get Professor Umbridge to let me use the whips. Don't you think she'd approve of that punishment?” The caretaker mused, turning towards the delinquent.
Using everything he learned as the son of a cop, Shawn managed to utter, “Isn't that a cruel and unusual punishment?”
Filch grinned. “It is.”
“But that's unconstitutional.”
The squib gained a befuddled expression. “What?”
“According to the US constitution, no one should have to undergo any sort of cruel or unusual punishment.”
“You're in wizarding England, not muggle America.”
“So?” Shawn stomped his foot for effect. “I demand a fair trial. With a jury of my peers. And a lawyer. And you still need to need me my rights.”
Filch rolled his eyes and began dragging Shawn to the dungeons. All the way, Shawn's shouts echoed off the walls, desperately proclaiming, “I'm innocent! Innocent, I tell you!”
 
Review!