Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 53. Keeping a Secret ( Chapter 65 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I figured it was time for another Shawn-Trelawney encounter. :D
 
For once, Gus thought that Shawn would behave himself in divination. He should have known better. Since the beginning of class, the psychic had been peering intensely into his crystal ball, occasionally making noises of agreement. The salesman had tried to ask him about the strange behavior, but had merely been shushed. Now, slumping dejectedly in his squishy chair, he watched his friend's behavior get even stranger.
 
Shawn stared at the ball in confusion. He tilted his head to the side before his eyes grew wide with comically exaggerated surprise. He turned his head to stare agape at Professor Trelawney for a few moments. However, her attention was occupied by fussing over another student. Shawn frowned and slammed his hand on the table. As she turned his way to determine the source of the noise, he resumed his horrified expression, this time looking back and forth between the ball and the teacher.
 
Gus raised an eyebrow in interest as Trelawney fluttered over to their table. "What is it you see, Mr. Spencer?" She sounded justifiably irritated.
 
Shawn, eyes still wide, replied, "Something bad."
 
The professor peered closer in interest. "What's bad?"
 
"I can't tell you."
 
Trelawney blinked. "Of course you can."
 
"No, I can't."
 
"Why not?"
 
Shawn gave a dramatic pause before answering. "I promised the spirits I'd keep it a secret. You wouldn't want me to break a promise, would you?"
 
Across the table, Gus rolled his eyes. Something told him that his friend would be receiving yet another detention.
 
Review?