Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 76. Broken Pieces ( Chapter 82 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay for two am updates!
 
“Apparition lessons?” Gus gazed doubtfully at the notice on the bulletin board. Ron looked up from his chess game to explain. Ginny used the opportunity to move a few pieces into different positions, keeping the little figures silent with the promise of adding velvet lining to their case.
 
“It's a way to travel,” Ron said, oblivious to his sister's cheating. “You just concentrate on your destination, turn on your heel, and you're there.” He absently ordered his knight to move, watching as it smashed Ginny's bishop.
 
Gus frowned. “That sounds easy.”
 
The fifth year shrugged. “It's harder than it sounds. You can splinch yourself pretty badly if you're not careful.”
 
The sales man was silent for a few moments as Ron's knight smote his sister's queen. “What does `splinch' mean?” he asked apprehensively.
 
“It means you leave part of your body behind. “
 
Gus paled and backed away from the notice, as if that action could prevent the loss of body parts. “I think I'll stick with muggle transportation.”
 
Ron simply shrugged, turned to his sister, and declared, “Checkmate.”
 
Review.