Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 13. Misfortune ( Chapter 83 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay for sudden bursts of inspiration!
 
It was a very bored Shawn that wandered through the corridors of the third floor. Gus had decided that studying for Arithmancy was more important than entertaining his best friend and had therefore insisted that the psychic not follow him into the library and instead find something else to occupy him. This had led to Shawn wandering the castle, looking for something unusual (at least, in terms of Hogwarts).
 
Shawn was dragged out of his moping when he tripped over a lump in a conspicuously placed area rug. Barely catching himself from falling, his foot managed to move the rug a few inches. The bump, however, did not move with the textile. Curious, he poked it. The protrusion was hard and gave off a particularly metallic sound. Fully removing the rug, he discovered a trapdoor.
 
Shawn stared at the door for a few moments. A large metal ring emerged from the top for the purpose of opening it. The wood had curious water stains in places, and, caught between a few planks, was what appeared to be some sort of black animal hair.
 
The psychic took a moment to scan the surrounding corridor for witnesses. Seeing no one, he grabbed the metal loop and wrenched the door open. With a bolstering breath, he jumped into the darkness below.
 
Yes. This is leading where you think it is.