Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 77. Test ( Chapter 84 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trust Shawn to find this place.
 
Shawn landed on something crunchy. A quick perusal with his palm revealed it to be some sort of dried plant matter. Lighting his wand to get a better look, Shawn saw that the plant, whatever it had been in life, had large pieces spread out quite a distance. Either someone else had been down here since the plant died, or it had been torn apart in life.
 
Distantly, Shawn heard the flutter of wings. Casting one last glance at the decimated vegetation, he followed the sound.
 
Whatever he had been expecting, it was certainly not this. Hundreds of keys flew through the air, flapping their little wings in and around an open doorway; a closer inspection revealed that the door had been blasted off its hinges. The enchantments had worn off of some keys, and they lay unmoving on the ground, wings curled around them as if to provide a last bit of protection. In the corner, a trio of brooms leaned in disrepair. Stepping carefully, the psychic made his way to the next room.
 
This room was littered with the aftermath of wizard's chess. Rubble was strewn across the giant board; only a few pieces were still whole. Progressing once more, Shawn tried not to notice the trail of blood leading to one side of the board.
 
The next chamber was empty, save from a lingering stench. The room after, however, was far more interesting. As soon as he stepped through the doorway, both entrances to the room gave off a sudden flare of heat which dissipated after a second. A tattered piece of parchment lay at the base of a table. The dusty surface was covered with a hodgepodge collection of bottles containing various liquids.
 
Shawn took a moment to look before he moved to the final room.
 
Review!