Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Connections ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Connections
Author: Kat
Chapter: 2/3
Pairings: none as of yet
Warnings: none as of yet.
Rating: PG 15
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Stargate: SG1. If I did, well then I'd be rich, and we could all have a slumber party with them included.
 
AN1: This fic is being continued for P.L.S. With her permission. I'm just elaborating on the plot that is already in place
 
 
Connections
 
 
Harry was sitting in his CO's office waiting for the other shoe to drop. He was released from the infirmary half an hour ago, and he really wanted to kick back and have a few shots of fire whiskey. Harry watched the General move about the office and was amazed at the power packed into his frame. Harry knew that magic was given to those who where capable of handling it, and since he had the capacity to hold two wizard's worth of power, the Choppa'ai was draining him more than General O'Neill.
 
O'Neill watched Colonel Potter from his point in the office. He knew that the Ancients were Wizards, and have known since the information had been uploaded into his brain. The fact that it took Daniel by surprise was what amused him the most. But, he really needed to get Potter to allow the Choppa'ai to absorb some of his magic, or he was going to be visiting the infirmary more often than not from these fainting spells. Also, he was probably going to loose his best CO, other than Carter. He frowned, maybe Asgard could help with this problem.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
Harry realized that contacting Asgard was going to be difficult at best. Since there was very little need for the race to meet with the Tua'ri, the SGC was having a hard time getting their help. While O'Neill was trying to find the answers to where the Asgard were, Harry and Colonel Cater were looking over all of the technology they had that could help Harry stop fighting the drain.
 
It was an off-handed comment that Dr. Jackson had made that got Harry's hopes up. “Ascension should help, since all the Ancients have reached that pinnacle. Also, the Melatai have been able to go around Ancient technology and not feel the drain like you do.”
 
To say that Harry was pleased with the new information coming in after that, made working with Carter and Jackson a bit easier to bear. The three of them began experimenting with several technologies, but all tests of improvements failed once he stepped into the 'Gate room. Harry had a feeling that if he could find a way to communicate with the technology, then he would have less pains and problems. Little did he know how right he was.
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
Colonel Potter and Carter were looking over s few files when they were suddenly pulled from the office. Harry, being the paranoid officer he is, instantly crouched and had his weapons in position for use. Hearing his CO's chuckle made Harry look around, and saw the old SG1 team standing beside a small grayish alien that reminded him of the Roswell Conspiracy. Subtlety scanning the group for any form of deceit, Harry let out a sigh of relief when none were found. It took all of Harry's control to keep his emotions in check. Whenever he had been taken with out warning always led to bad things in his past, so he simply looked at the group warily.
 
His CO saw the look and frowned. “Colonel Potter, Thor is here to help us find out how to help you with the Ancient technology, nothing more, nothing less. You can stand down, we've been allies for years.”
 
Jack saw the tension in Potter and began to wonder how bad things were in Britain before Potter had joined the RAF. Harry let most of the tension leave his body, but he was still hyper aware of the situation that he was in. While Harry's CO and his CO's old team might be used to being transported without warning, Harry's mind screamed at the fact that something bad was going to happen.
 
“This is not the first time you have been taken without warning.” Dr. Jackson's voice was calm and soothing, and Harry gave a curt nod in agreement.
 
“When you were taken you were imprisoned and most likely tortured.” Teal'c spoke in a grave tone, that Harry repeated the nod, and Cater gasped in shock and surprise.
 
A muttered curse turned Harry's eyes to his CO and he saw the understanding in them.
 
“Thor will help us and send us back unharmed. You will not be tortured here, nor will anything bad happen to you. We are well protected aboard this Asgard Mother Ship.” O'Neill's voice was soothing, and Harry found himself relaxing in the unfamiliar environment.
 
Taking a moment to gather his scattered thoughts and movements, Harry made his way over to Thor. Giving the small alien a curt bow, Harry and the General's old team made their way to a laboratory.
 
“I will need to see how you react to Ancient technology before I can begin to assist you in any way. Once I have found the reason for your situation, we can work from there.” The small grayish alien explained.
 
With that, Harry felt the pain of his body reacting towards the Ancient technology for what was hopefully the last time.
 
----------------------------------------
 
It was a simple flaw in Harry's physical body. His curse scar from Voldemort left his core with damaged and blocked channels for his magic to flow through. These damaged and blocked channels were what was causing Harry the pain of the Ancient technology trying to boost it's power levels. With Cater using the Tok'ra healing disc for several hours at a time and Thor putting special implants into Harry's hands and feet, Harry's magical core and system was finally healed of all damages.
 
Harry was surprised at how his body worked with his magic after his “magical nervous system” was repaired. He wasn't surprised at how badly damaged his metaphysical body was, just how simple it was to fix it. With the repaired channels, Harry's magic responded faster and much more accurately compared to previous use. Not wanting to over use his reserves, Harry thanked Thor for his assistance and gave the small alien a true smile.
 
Once the group had returned to the SGC, Harry was pleased to hear that he and his team would be headed out on a mission in two days time. Since Ancient technology no longer hurt Harry, SG-11 could go back to the last planet they were on and finish the job they began almost a month prior.
 
 
TBC