Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Connections ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Connections
Author: Kat
Chapter: 3/3
Pairings: none
Warnings: Language
Rating: PG 15 (to be safe)
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Stargate: SG1. If I did, well then I'd be rich, and we could all have a slumber party with them included.
 
AN1: This fic is being continued for P.L.S. With her permission. I'm just elaborating on the plot that is already in place
 
 
Connections
 
 
The planet was as uninhabited as before, and for one Harry was glad that there were no life forms on the planet. Teal'c and Dr. Jackson came along with his group and Harry was glad for the extra company. Upon entering the temple, however, Harry and his crew were surprised to see it glowing so brightly. Harry knew that it was absorbing his magic, and he let a soft chuckle escape his lips.
 
The two Archaeologists began collecting data, prints and footage of the temple walls. It seemed as if the building was trying to form a specific pattern, and Harry began to worry about separation from those outside the temple.
 
“Dr. Jackson, Dr. Flughoffen I want both of you to be careful. The building is shifting due to activation. I really don't want the General to bloody well knock me off my ass, just because you both decided to dig deeper than you were supposed to.” Daniel could see why SG-11 was so well taken care of. Colonel Potter's need to keep them all safe was admirable, and he knew that he wasn't joking about Jack's response. Daniel was on the mission, and he wanted him back home in one piece.
 
Harry saw that Jackson understood, and he began looking at the walls. He wasn't used to reading different languages, but saw plenty of Ancient Latin. He got parts and pieces of the words, but he was still confused about the giant button that no one else saw.
 
“Dr. Jackson, can you read me the writings on this wall?” Harry's voice was neutral, and he was holding back his feeling of dread. He would get the full story then send them back, after they understood the dangers of this place.
 
As Daniel read that the temple was a weapon of mass destruction, Harry ordered everyone to close up shop and get out of the temple. Both Archaeologists grumbled at the loss of information, but Harry's training with Moody was surfacing. Scanning all areas, Harry set a rough pace back to the 'Gate. He got everyone through and checked his team over for injuries, before he looked at General O'Neill.
 
“Stay off that planet Sir. It's not something to play with, and it's a self destruct mechanism. I wanted us out of there before the weapon was at full power and before we touched something that shouldn't be touched.” Harry's voice was grave yet fierce. He knew that his CO would want a report with more detail, and he told his men that he would do it.
 
Once Harry was sure that his team was checked as well as Teal'c and Dr. Jackson, only then did he allow the doctors to do their tests. With his own bill of health, Harry went to his debriefing, and saw his CO's SG1 there waiting for him. Sitting down, Harry decided to get right to business.
 
“The temple was built with Ancient Technology. However, it wasn't anything more than a weapon of mass destruction of which would cause the planet to implode. It was far enough away from the 'Gate that we wouldn't have had enough time to dial back home and live. I didn't want the chance of it becoming fully functional and then have it kill us.” Harry knew that the ruins held tons of data, however the building had enough power to wipe out any SG unit that went to the planet.
 
“But there is so much information that we can use. The writings that we've collected are plans for ships, weapons and other similar devices.” Dr. Jackson was trying to appeal to the CO to get more of the writings off the walls.
 
“Dr. Jackson, I realize that those ruins hold plenty of information for us to use, however what don't you understand about planet destroyer. It's not something that you can study now. It has enough power to wipe out any organic begin on the planet if you push the wrong button. I can see things that are hidden, it was my training. There was a button that would have caused the destruction of the planet under my hand when we were there. I didn't want anyone to touch it, so that's why I hid it.”
 
O'Neill silenced both men with a look and began to look over the information given to him by both men. Daniel was right that they could use the information to advance their world, however what use was the information if the team that got it died before returning home?
 
“We'll stay off the planet for now, and once we have a better understanding of the information that we do have, then we'll see about heading back to the planet. That's my final word Daniel.” The civilian sighed and nodded his agreement, letting O'Neill relax a bit more.
 
“Well Potter, you and your men have a few days off before I'll send you to another planet. Daniel, Teal'c and Cater will be going with your team. We've got to play nice with the natives, and apparently they want to meet you.” Jack smirked at Potter's face at the idea of sending his team on a diplomacy mission, but he gave a tight smile and left the room after being dismissed.
 
In his haste to leave the briefing room, he missed the other three rounding on the General for sending them on a mission with people they aren't used to yet. However, he wanted to write the report and head home for a rest. He wasn't that lucky.
 
Harry entered his home and saw the Weasleys moving about. Knowing why they were at his place Harry felt another headache coming on.
 
“You know breaking and entering is illegal here in the States. I'm not going back to Britain so you can all stop trying to make me want to go back.”
 
Hermione turned around and glared at Harry. “You don't belong here Harry. You're a Wizard, not a muggle.”
 
Harry's temper was already stretched from the ruins he just left and he snarked right back. “I do belong here. None of you fought in the war like I did. You chose to remain on the side lines, you chose to let me fight on the battlefield alone, so pardon me if all I can do now is fight. I have a job that I love, and I get to work with people who understand. If you cared about me as much as you claim to, you'd accept my choices!”
 
With that Harry left his house, and drove back to the mountain. He needed to calm down, and he decided that a workout routine at a punishing pace would be good for him. Captain Armendraiz and Lieutenant LeXavier entered the gym to see their CO killing a punching bag. They knew that his family from Britain was probably in, and the Lieutenant went to see O'Neill.
 
Jack was about to leave for the day when Lieutenant LeXavier knocked on his door. “I apologize for disturbing you sir, but Colonel Potter is destroying the gym. His British friends are here, and he seems more upset than when he left. I was hoping you could talk to him sir, since he can't and won't talk to us about them.”
 
Jack told the Lieutenant that he would talk to Colonel Potter as soon as they told him to shower and change back into civvies. Getting a smile and a salute, Jack just knew that he would have to go to the Colonel's home to deal with the situation there, especially if it was as bad as it sounded. He met the Colonel by the main gate, and offered to speak to his British “family”. Getting an honest and relieved thank you, Jack followed Potter in his truck.
 
“Sir, their going to believe that you're a muggle.” Potter's voice was casual, and Jack knew that he was trying to calm himself.
 
Entering the house, Harry was verbally attacked by Hermione again. Before Harry could speak, Jack spoke up from behind him. “I can see why you left Britain if this is how they speak to you. Damn, and I thought we Americans were self-centered.”
 
Hermione paled when she heard another voice, and was shocked to see Jack following Harry into the house. “Nice digs Colonel, I see that you collect paintings. I'll get Daniel in touch with you to see about expanding your collection.”
 
“Who are you?” The anger and sarcasm in Ron's voice was apparent, and Jack gave a frigid smile.
 
“I'm General Jack O'Neill, Colonel Potter's Commanding Officer. When he came back to the base looking as if he wanted to level something, I knew that he deserved a chance to get some pressure off his chest. Now, who are you?”
 
Ron paled a bit at Jack's introduction, and Hermione spoke. “I'm Hermione Weasley, this is my Husband Ronald Weasley. We're Harry's family. Molly and Arthur are in the kitchen, the rest of the Weasleys are outside.”
 
Harry's eyes were flashing in anger. “Hermione, I never said you could visit whenever. In fact I told all of you to leave me alone after you tried to force me to leave the RAF. Now, Sir, these people are trespassing. I don't care if they are friends from back home. I want them gone, and I will use my magic to get rid of them if necessary.”
 
Hermione gasped at Harry's casual reference to magic, and was about to preform a memory charm when Harry took her wand from her grasp, as well as from Ron's.
 
“You will not attack a fellow member of the magical community Hermione. Just because Jack didn't go to the Chicago's magical school doesn't mean that he's not a Wizard. Besides, I have more uses here than back home. Britain is my country yes, but it is no longer my home.”
 
Molly had come out when she heard Harry state that he didn't belong in Britain anymore and bit back her sob. She went outside to collect her children and told them that they were leaving shortly, and explained that they were pushing to hard, and it was pushing Harry away. Ginny didn't care, she was here to get Harry to be with her one way or another.
 
Harry saw Ginny and turned to Ron and Hermione. “My job with the Americans here is my life. I am helping in situations that need my expertise and I refuse to remain in the Magical community only to be forced into the DADA position, writing books or becoming the Minister of Magic. I am happy here. If you cared about me at all, you'd let me live my life and leave me alone. Letters are fine, fire calls are fine, inviting yourselves to my home when you were told to stay away shows how little you actually care about me and my decisions.”
 
Ginny was extremely upset. Hermione kept her hopes up that Harry would want to see them all and that he loved her. Seeing him now, she saw that Hermione just wanted her famous friend back, and was disgusted.
 
“Harry, I hope you continue enjoying your life here in the States. We'll keep Hermione from you but I hope that you do come and visit us for a little while when you get the chance.” She gave him a smile and turned to Hermione. “Ron bring your 'wife' she has a lot to answer to, and I know that Mom will not be pleased if we continue to force ourselves on Harry. Now move it!”
 
With the herd of Weasleys gone, Harry managed to relax in his own home. Thanking his CO one more time, Harry was able to calm down enough to return to work in control.
 
Over the years that Harry would work at the SGC, he would be a key factor in defeating the new enemies after Anubis. The Ori never stood a chance against him, and the planet that would self-destruct was used as a trap, to annihilate the main body of the Ori attack force. When the Stargate went public, and Hermione saw what her friend had been doing, she understood why Harry didn't want to go home. Only after he retired did Harry begin to talk with his friends again, however, he remained in America and acted as a consultant for the magical members who began to work with the SGC.
 
It was just a matter of connecting with his community, and Harry was lucky that the former SG1 was willing to absorb him into their clique. Jack and Harry both aged slower than their two friends, and with the death of their two friends, Jack and Harry left with Teal'c to help with the free Jaffa and their freedoms.
 
Fin
 
AN: Phew! I managed to give this story a longer ending and understanding of Harry. I know a lot of you might love Harry/Ginny pairings, but they're so common. So Harry's relationship is TBD by yourselves and the same goes for Jack... So many Jack/Sam pairings... Hope you enjoyed it!