Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Vanguard ❯ Chapter 6: New Friends ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: New Friends
“Harry, are you awake?” came a soft voice beside Harry's bedside.
“Wh...what?” Harry managed to croak out.
Harry slowly came back to consciousness and the fuzzy blurry face beside him came into focus. He saw the tired looking face of Ginny Weasley.
“Ginny…how long have you been here?” Harry said while reaching for his glasses.
“Since the attack happened.”
“How long have I been in here?”
“Three days.” Ginny said with a hint of sorrow in her voice. “Oh Harry I'm so sorry. I couldn't do anything to protect myself. I almost got you killed; I couldn't have ever forgiven myself if you died for me.” Ginny said while a small stream of tears fell from her eyes.
“I couldn't forgive myself if you died because of me. Ginny, I would give my life to protect you.”
“But you're more important than me.” Ginny said looking at the floor
“In my eyes you're more important.”
“Thank you Harry.” Ginny reached across the bed and gave him a big hug and before she pulled away gave him a kiss on his cheek.
Ginny pulled back and looked at Harry with her face growing bright red. She took off out the room leaving Harry with a stupid looking grin on his face. Harry Potter without a doubt had a crush on Ginny Weasley. The only problem Harry wondered was if she liked him too. Harry knew that she fancied him a couple years ago but he didn't know if a crush could last that long.
The next few days have been very uneventful. Harry has had frequent visits from Ron, Hermione, and some of the members of the order. Sirius came in one time to say how sorry he was for putting him in danger and that he couldn't have been there sooner. It seems that inside the Burrow Molly and Arthur were dueling with Wormtail and plenty of Death Eaters. But Harry just simply told him, “If I didn't go then Ron, Fred, and Ginny wouldn't be alive right now.”
Molly and Arthur have moved into the house since the Burrow was destroyed. Molly was sure making a difference here; the place wasn't old smelling anymore. The decorations that were old and moldy have been replaced. You wouldn't even be able to tell that this house has been around for hundreds of years. Molly's cooking was sure a welcoming factor to have, Sirius cooking was ok but it was nowhere near Molly's famous meals.
Harry was resting in bed when one day Albus Dumbledore came to pay him a visit. Harry immediately began telling of the events that happened at the one night, about the mysterious man, Voldemort, and the dragon.
“Harry, it is extremely important that you and Miss Weasley don't discuss the events of that night with anyone except me.” Dumbledore informed him.
“Do you know who that man was, sir?”
“I'm not sure. We can only guess that he is on our side. But for now we must get you out of bed, we must prepare for the arrival of our guests.”
“Who's coming?”
“The Cullens are.” the old man said with a wink.
For the next few hours Molly made the kids clean every crook and crevice in the entire house. The Cullens were supposed to arrive around dinner time. When Harry got some free time he went to find Ginny to tell her what Dumbledore said. He noticed when he saw her, his legs turned to jelly and that his tongue wouldn't work that well. He wasn't the only one though. Every time Harry was around Ginny blushed madly and grinned very widely at him. Harry decided that he should talk to Hermione first so he doesn't do anything stupid. He managed to find her cleaning in a room alone.
“Hermione, could you help me?” Harry asked.
“Sure thing, what do you need me to do?”
“Well it's that I need some advice.”
“Is it about Ginny?”
“Yes.” Harry answered.
“Well don't worry. She likes you as well. She told me everything. Give it a little more time and I'm sure you will go out.”
“Thanks Hermione.”
That one sentence relieved a lot of pressure off Harry's chest. He spent the rest of the afternoon helping people clean and preparing for the arrival of the Cullens. At around 6 P.M., he heard a knocking on the door. Molly was the first one to react.
“O that must be them. Quickly Harry dear, could you answer the door.” Molly said with a very excited tone in her voice.
Harry rushed to the door and opened it and got many friendly greetings from Dr. Cullen, Renesmee, Bella, Edward, and a strange man who Harry hasn't met before.
“Harry, this is Jacob Black. He's a friend of ours.” Carlisle informed Harry.
“Nice to meet you.” Harry said as he shook Jacob's hand.
“Like-wise. So what kind of grub we got here?” Jacob asked rubbing his hands together.
“I'm not sure. But let's go into the dining room.”
Harry lead the group into the dining room and the table was filled with food. It had as much food as a Hogwarts table. Everyone took their seats and began eating except Bella, Edward, and Carlisle. Harry figured out that maybe vampires don't eat food but he was the only one who knew that.
“Hey aren't you guys hungry?” Ron said with his mouth full of food.
“Ron! Don't talk with your mouth full.” Molly snapped at him.
“Oh no we already ate before we came. Thank you for the offer though.” Bella said casually.
The rest of the dinner was filled with laughter and stories about the wizard world to clue in Renesmee. Seeing how she will be in Hogwarts this year. Harry was listening to one of Arthur's stories when Sirius leaned in toward him.
“Harry, I need to talk to you.”
Harry followed Sirius into the living room and sat down onto the couch.
“I want you to go somewhere with me tomorrow.”
“What is it?”
“I'm going to the Ministry of Magic tomorrow for a hearing.”
“What do you mean the Ministry; they will throw you back in Azkaban.”
“Not if I can clear my name first. Trust me Harry. I know what I'm doing. Will you come with me?”
“Ok Sirius, I'll come.”
After that Sirius and Harry joined the rest of the group for a night of laughter and not having to worry about what is to come in the future. The Weasley family needed a night like this more than anyone else. But Harry couldn't help but to worry about Sirius going to the Ministry of Magic and getting arrested.
After everyone had their belly's full and the night's worth of fun, everyone said their goodnights and Harry showed everyone into the rooms that they were staying in. Harry showed Renesmee into her room.
“So how's the whole wizarding world treating you?” Harry asked.
“It has some getting used too but it's a lot of fun.” Renesmee told Harry as she unpacked.
“Yea, that was my first thought too. If you need anything just ask me or anyone else.”
“Thanks for being so kind.”
“That's what friends are for.”
“Friends?” Renesmee asked puzzled.
“Yea, you want to be friends don't you?”
“Well sure. I guess, it's just I never had any friends before.”
“Well than that makes me your first.” Harry said with a smile and walked out the door to his bedroom.
Harry laid down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling replaying the events from the night at the Burrow over and over in his head. He kept asking himself the same questions over and over.
Who was that man?
Why did he save me?
Why was Voldemort so scared of him?
Is he on our side?
 
Sorry everyone for taking so long to update. I had a vacation to the Rocky's and my entire family came down with the flu including me. I just wanted to make something clear. I will not be describing characters features that have already been described in Harry Potter and Twilight. When I introduce new characters then I will. Also note that in my story I will be making references to shows or anime that you have may have seen to paint you a picture of the events in the book. The plotline and all the action in this novel is intense and could be hard to imagine. For example in the first chapter or epilogue the masks I was referring to the man wearing that's designed like a lion is a lot like the ANBU masks on the Anime series of Naruto.
Thank you to all who are reading the story and remember reviews are appreciated.
-Blue_Dragon4321