Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Vanguard ❯ Chapter 5: Attack on the Burrow ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Attack on the Burrow
Sirius looked down at George's body with a wide-eyed expression. Harry and Hermione did the same; no one could have expected this would happen.
“Hermione get some towels and put pressure on George's wounds.” Sirius commanded.
Hermione ran into the kitchen leaving Harry and Sirius alone.
“Harry, I know how you must feel right now but I can't ask you to be in harms way.”
“You won't have too; I'm already willing to go.” Harry said with a sharp look in his eyes.
“Your being reckless.” he said but his eyes said different. Sirius had a proud look on his face. “Well let's get going.”
Sirius grabbed Harry's arm and they left the house to face what was happening at the Burrow.
Harry and Sirius appeared before the Burrow, usually when Harry saw the Burrow it filled happiness in his heart but seeing the horrible image in front of him drained all happiness from him. Harry and Sirius stared at the Burrow swallowed by flames. About 20 yards from the burning inferno was Ron, Fred, and Ginny. Ron looked like he was knocked out cold. Fred didn't look any better than his twin.
“Where's Molly and Arthur?” Harry asked urgently.
“They must still be inside, I'll go get them. Go and help the others and I'll come back to get us out of here.”
Sirius rushed inside the flames with a protective bubble charm cast around his body. Harry ran over to the group of kids as fast as his feet would let him.
“Ginny, what happened?” Harry asked the girl as soon as he reached her.
“There was so many of them, I couldn't do anything to stop them.” Ginny said as silent sobs escaped her lips.
“Don't worry Ginny we'll get everyone out of here. I will protect you.”
“Brave, brave Mr. Potter. Protecting his pathetic friends.” said a slithering voice coming out from the darkness.
Harry turned around only to stare into the eyes of Voldemort only a couple yards away from him. Pops came from all around him and before Harry could blink ten Death Eaters appeared behind Voldemort.
“I always knew that your weak spot would be your friends. But I won't kill you so soon. I will let you watch your friend die first.”
“Over my dead body”
Harry pulled out his want but before he could fire a spell Voldemort lazily flicked his wrist and forced Harry's wand out of his hand and ten yards away from him.
“Now, now Mr. Potter. Don't be in such a rush to die, you will get your turn soon enough.”
Voldemort point his wand at Ginny's wide eyed scared face.
Avada Kadavra!”
The killing curse hurtled right towards Ginny. She was too scared to move and just looked at the green light with a petrified body. Harry thought fast though and charged towards Ginny and knocked her out of the blasts way but by doing so he put his own body in the way of the curse.
Time seemed to slow down as the curse hurtled towards him. Dying in the place of a friend seemed like a good way to go. Harry closed his eyes ready to take the force of the blow. But he heard another loud pop and opened his eyes. Harry looked in front of him and seen a man right in front of him wearing a very dark cloak. The mysterious man turned around, but Harry couldn't see his face because he was wearing his hood over his head. Harry could see a smile underneath the dark shadows that covered his face. Then he exploded into a dark dust cloud and flew away from Harry.
“What is the meaning of this?” Voldemort screamed with rising anger. But was short lived for he looked behind Harry and saw a surprised look in his eyes.
A giant thump sounded behind Harry and the rest of the group. Harry and Ginny both turned around slowly only to be face to face with a dark orange colored dragon. Snarling and growling at the Death Eaters. The dragon breathed a massive breath of fire and engulfed most of the Death Eaters in flames. The lucky ones including Voldemort managed to put up defensive shields around themselves.
Harry noticed that there was a man riding on the back of the dragon. He was no different than the man that stood in front of Harry a few minutes ago. Same black cloak and same hood covering his face with shadows. He jumped off the dragon and ran towards the Death Eaters blasting curses at every single one of them. His wand work was amazing, his hand moved so fast. The man didn't even have to say the incantations.
While this mysterious man was bombarding them with spells Harry ran for his wand and had it back in his possession once again. All that were left of the Death Eaters were two men and Voldemort. The two Death Eaters retreated and ran away from the battle. All the man had to do was point at them and the dragon flew across the field to intercept them.
Harry and the hooded man went up against Voldemort alone.
Flipendo!” Harry cried with his wand aimed at Voldemorts torso.
Voldemort easily deflected it and fired back a dark ball of energy at Harry's chest. He was blasted ten feet from where he stood. Harry hit is head hard on rock when he hit the ground, but he managed to lift up his head only to see that both the mysterious man and Voldemort were in intense dueling session. He couldn't keep his head up to see the duel anymore and closed his eyes and slowly let himself be taken away from consciousness. The last thing Harry Potter heard that night was the roar of a dragon.