Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ When all fades away a new light will shine ❯ One Shot ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When nothing else seems to work I'll just fall away and not look back. “Surely no single soul shall miss me when I'm gone.” Quietly I tell myself these things to make it all worth my while. Logan has gone off yet again on his own, Harry is desperately searching for the remaining six horcuxes that Voldemort left behind, Headmaster Dumbledore has passed away, my uncle, Sirius, fell through the veil a year ago today, and my Father, Remus Lupin, is wit Fenrir Greyback attempting to convince him to join our side in the fight against the Dark Lord. I don't know what to do anymore. Being left alone at Number 12 Grimmuald Place with Kretcher, the Black's house elf, and a talking moving portrait of my dead Grandmother aren't the best company. I got a letter from Logan today telling me that he'd stop by on his way back to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.
 
Tomorrow is a day I'm not looking forward to at all. Although it is my birthday it also marks the day, which my only living relative of the Black family died. My Grandmother insists on me moving on and being happy and taking over the family. I don't know how much longer till I'll have to tell her that Harry Potter now owns the house and everything in it. Harry has tried to make me happy when he visits but it doesn't work. I understand why everyone is trying so desperately to bring me out of my shell but I don't need that. I just need to be alone and attempt to gather my emotions and say good-bye to Sirius. I can't be pushed into what they want me to do. I have to take my own time and give him a good-bye in my own style.
 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Third Person Omniscient
 
Harry walked down the hallway to the room his godfather had once stayed in two years ago. He knocked lightly on the door and waited for a response. He pressed his ear to the door listening for any sounds of movement coming from inside. Turning the door, knob he poked his head in the door and looked around.
 
“Serena?”
 
There was no response. Only a tiny blonde sitting on the straw strewn floor was visible in the shadowed room. She was balled up in a corner, her hair pulled into a loose ponytail. Her hair was greasy and Harry knew why. She hadn't left this room in approximately three days. Harry saw the plates, bowls, and utensils still outside the door that everyone had left for her to eat. He could see where only the water had been touched. He felt something about knee-high brush against his leg. He looked down and saw Kretcher and Dobby peering out behind his legs. He turned his attention back to Serena after smiling at them.
 
 
“Serena?”
 
“Mistress Serena hasn't eaten at all Master Harry.” Dobby looked gravely saddened as he spoke to Harry.
 
“She refuses to Harry Potter. Not even Ms. Serena's Grandmother could get her to eat. I'm sorry Harry Potter.” Kretcher loved Serena because he could still serve his family.
 
“It's not your fault Dobby. Kretcher, has anyone been up to Serena today?”
 
“No sir Harry Potter sir.” Dobby looked at the floor, his large eyes filled with tears.
 
“My Mistress wouldn't allow anyone in. What is he doing here?” Kretcher spit venom at the stranger standing next to Harry.
 
“Kretcher, he's here to try and cheer up Serena.” Harry gave the man a hopeful smile to reassure him.
“He always makes her laugh! You are so very smart Harry Potter.” Dobby was suddenly jubilant and grateful to the man.
 
“Not really Dobby. Both of you go downstairs and stay there till I tell you other wise. Okay?”
 
“Yes.” They chorused together and ran down the stairs.
 
He motioned for the man beside him to go on in. The man had dark brown hair and hazel brown eyes. He wore a leather jacket, white tight fitted t-shirt, jeans that fit him perfectly, and black leather boots. He walked quietly into the room and knelt beside her. She looked at him and tears came to her eyes. Letting his hand touch the top of her head, he let it fall to cup her chin. He felt her tears falling down her face and dampening his hand. He pulled her close to his chest and moved closer to her.
 
“Logan. I - I. . .”
 
“I know Serena. Shhh! It's okay, I'm here for you.”
 
Never letting her go, he scooped her into his arms and carried her to the bed. He sat her down on the bed and tried to move away. Serena kept a tight hold on his shirt not wanting to let her comfort go yet. He tried to pry her fingers off his shirt but couldn't. He leaned down closer to her ear and whispered softly to her.
 
“Serena, come on. You need to get some sleep.”
 
“I've slept and I don't want you to leave me. Logan, please, don't go.”
 
“Serena.” He sighed; frustrated that he was always putty in her hands, “Harry! Has she eaten anything?”
 
“Not in three days.” Harry looked away. Shame was written all over his face.
 
“Serena, you need to eat something. What's the last thing you ate?” Logan kissed her temple. He could feel her wet tears against the palm of his hand.
 
“I don't want to eat anything.”
 
“Serena -.”
 
“I'm not eating Logan!” Her voice was still small and cracking as if it hadn't been used in awhile.
 
“Serena, I love you too much to let you not eat. What do you want?”
 
“I don't know.” She clung tighter to Logan as he shifted his weight to look at Harry.
 
“We have some Ramen Noodles, hamburgers, and smoked turkey. Want some of that Sere?” Harry opened the door a little more and stepped in.
 
“Just a little bit of turkey. Harry?”
 
“Yeah Sere?”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“For what?”
 
“For being here for me and not leaving me alone even when I was being a total bitch.”
 
“What else is family for Serena? I'll bring you some turkey in a minute. There are a lot of people downstairs who want to see you. They've been really worried about you.”
 
“Okay Harry. I'll come down after I get a bath.” She snuggled even closer to Logan.
 
“And eat.” He breathed in her scent. Some how, even though she was covered in filth and hadn't bathed in four days, she had remained her natural female smell that drove him wild. He could never get enough of her when he was near her. They had done things together and sworn that it would never happen again. Thinking about what they had shared made him want to lock the door and make her feel good.
 
“Serena. Are you okay?”
 
“I'm glad that you're back. How long can you stay?”
 
“Not long.”
 
“Logan, did you mean what you said?”
 
“You heard me?”
 
“Yes, was I not suppose to? I can forget it if need be.”
 
“Don't worry about it.”
 
“Did you?”
 
“Yes, meant it. I love you Sere.”
 
He pulled her chin up and placed his lips gently on hers. He kissed her gently and pulled her close to him. He didn't deepen the kiss but only let it linger gently upon her lips. He pulled back and placed his forehead against hers.
 
“I'm not going to leave you again Serena. I love you.”
 
“I love you too Logan.”
 
 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\
 
The end. Yes. That was Logan from X-men a.k.a. Wolverine. I've always loved Serena with Logan. She can tame the beast in him. No pun intended.