Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ 1981 ❯ Halloween 1981 ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: JK Rowling and the companies she has a contract with owns the Harry Potter series, not myself.
 
You can't be serious, the Dark Lord is dead? What… a figure stumbled into his room at Spinner's End, …of Lily?
 
He felt his body shake, unable to control himself as he remembered what he heard on the wizarding radio. The Dark Lord had been vanquished somehow. James and Lily Potter gone, all that was left was their infant son, Harry James Potter.
 
He couldn't bring himself to feel anger at the infant. No, the infant was innocent. He knew that there had to be an explanation, how did the greatest, darkest wizard of his time just… vanish without a trace, save for some explosion marks left on the house. And a crying child.
 
He remembered a certain message he heard nearly a year ago at Hogs Head and wondered if there was a connection between Potters and Voldemort. Stumbling into the bathroom, he found himself looking at the mirror while his blood ran cold.
 
What in the world have I done?” he muttered, bending his body over as he hugged himself, filled with grief. I had an hand in their deaths! No, how can I ever forgive myself?
 
Taking a deep breath, he apparated to Dumbledore to confess himself.
 
 
Author's Note: This drabble was written for the Confession Drabble for the month of February 2008. Thanks to Wolf in the Night for beta'ing.