Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ And So They Found Out ❯ Confronting Remus. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Remus had been soundly sleeping for about 2 hours now on top of the covers. He had went down to the hospital wing to pick up some bandages for his wounds and got himself a bite to eat in the Great Hall before falling on his bed and going back to sleep. At this moment, he was a very happy Remus.
But then an angry James burst in the room, followed by Sirius who was trying to calm him down and talk him out of it and Peter who was just mindlessly following behind.
“James, please don't go in there and-”
“REMUS!”
“-yell...”
Remu s shot right up in his bed. He was a bit on the jumpy side today. He yawned and stretched before addressing his friends.
“You know, James, that's the second time you have woken me up by yelling. You really should start working on your etiquette.”
“Blah blah blah don't you lecture me buddy! First you explain this!” he threw down the tie onto Remus' bed. Remus stared at it.
“Its a tie.”
“Yeah! Yourtie! We found it in the Shrieking Shack! Why the hell did you go in there without me!?” The room got quiet, they all stared blankly at James for a moment.
“You twat! All this time you were so upset about this tie and instead of asking how and why that happened to his tie you are more concerned about Remus going into the Shack without you!? Get some priorities man!” yelled Sirius. Peter could be heard in the back of the room snickering to himself. Remus was quiet. He inspected the tie. He took his time too. He was stalling. Ah hell what am I gonna tell them. That it isn't mine? Yeah there is some other R.J.L. Flying around Hogwarts. God Remus what have you gotten yourself into? He tried to turn it around.
“Why were you in the Shrieking Shack?”

“Well durr because you weren't there to stop us!” said James, a bit worked up.
“Remus why was your tie in the shack? And in this condition? We saw bite marks there that are similar to the one on your arm.” Sirius was as calm as ever. He walked over to the bed next to Remus', punching James in the back on the way, and sat down. “What happened?” his face full of concern for his friend. James had now calmed down about Remus being at the shack without him and his mind quickly started making up stories.
“Well isn't it obvious!? It was an assassination attempt! Remus is one of the top students at our school! Who wouldn't want to take him out!? I bet it was a Ravenclaw wasn't it? They are the smart house. Of course they would be jealous that someone not in their class is smarter than them! They knocked him out, dragged him to the shack and then threw him to the dogs they did! And poor Remus was conscious only long enough to defend himself and find a way out of the place. Only to drag himself back here and fall asleep with no memory of the incident! And you know what else? I betcha we are next! I mean come on the three of us are the most brilliant people here! I betcha there is a whole cult of Ravenclaws after us! We have to stick together from now on! No more leaving without someone else with you!”
Sirius walked over to James and without a word punched him right in the jaw, causing James to fall back onto a bed.
“What the fuck Sirius!?” yelled James as he held his jaw.
“You were being hysterical James. Let Remus tell us himself before we start plotting against the Ravenclaws” Sirius turned back to Remus who was rubbing the side of his face still trying to figure out what to do. “So Remus?”
Remus' mind started racing. He had no idea what to do. If he continued like this they would see that he was panicking and would not believe a word he said. He did the only thing that he could think to do.
“Maybe you guys should just leave the matter alone” he said in a harsh tone. He stood up, making his anger more well known. “If I wanted you to know what happened to me I would tell you but I'm not telling you therefore you should just forget it and go on with your daily lives!” He then threw the tie behind his shoulder and walked out of the room.
James, Sirius, and Peter were left staring at the tie.
“Something tells me I didn't get it right.” said James bluntly. Sirius kicked his leg.
“Good god you are violent today Sirius!”
“Maybe if you thought before you spoke every now and then James, I wouldn't have to treat you as such”
“Look we need to focus on the situation at hand.”
“Getting back at the Ravenclaws?” squeaked Peter
“Yes” said James proudly, while Sirius sternly said “No”. Sirius glared at James.
“James for Pete's sake you are smarter than this!” James was silent. He couldn't help that he got carried away on silly thing so much. He nodded.
“So what do we do now then?”
“We need to get to the bottom of this. Remus isn't gonna talk. You know him. Stubborn as hell.”
“Yeh.” there was a pause. They were all trying to think of all the possibilities. At least James and Sirius were. Peter was off in his own little world. James racked his brain.
“This isn't the first time this has happened.” said James quietly. Sirius looked up at him. “He goes out in the middle of the night some times. He always says his mum is ill. But he hasn't been out since last month. I remember because it was the night before a quidditch game and didn't know if he would make it back in time for the match” James took quidditch very seriously and always played best when he had his friends out in the audience. Therefore, he would be concerned about something like that.
“So what about it? He goes out every now and then.”
“Yeah but why those days?” James began chewing on the inside of his lip. Sirius smiled and patted James on the back before standing up.
“Come on. We better see if Remus isn't too upset with us.”  
---------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
Remus had made his way down to the lake to enjoy the day and get this all off of his mind. He sat in the cool grass, watching the giant squid make itself known every now and then. He was pretty sure that the guys were gonna lay off now. He had made a bit of a scene back there. He watched the ripples in the water, thinking about their reactions if they did find out about him. In reality they wouldn't care. But Remus' paranoia on the subject led him to believe that they wouldn't speak to him anymore. There was really no convincing him otherwise. He sighed and turned his thoughts back to watching the water.
At this moment James, Sirius and Peter had spied him sitting by the lake. James smiled. Sneaking up on people was one of his favorite things to do. He started to sneak up behind him but Sirius grabbed his shoulder. He shook his head. James pouted, but he understood. He had yelled in Remus' ear enough for one day. They certainly weren't going to just walk up to him though. James wouldn't stand for such a dull intro. So James took off before Sirius could grab him. He ran towards Remus as fast as he could. Once he got right behind him he leapt over his head and right into the lake.
“Ah hell this water is cold!” he yelled as he splashed towards the surface. Remus just looked down and shook his head laughing. Sometimes he really loved his friends. Just as James got back to the land and stood up he turned out and looked at the lake. “Never think it with the sun beating down on it all day” right then Sirius came up behind him and pushed him back into the water causing Peter to roar with laughter. James however did not like to have jokes played on him so easily. He decided to stay under the water for a while to mess with them. Sirius shook his head.
“James the water is really clear. I can see you not drowning. However you may want to get out of the water before you make yourself a nice squid friend” he called to him. James turned our quickly in the water to see the Giant Squid out and about. He quickly swam up and practically leaped out of the water. He laughed as he laid in the grass to dry off.
“Good day for a swim eh Remus?”   “James for someone as smart as you are you are a bloody fool sometimes” he laughed. “Will ya look at that fellas? Remus CAN laugh!” James joked. Sirius sat down next to Remus and Peter took his seat next to Sirius.
“Look Remus, you can't blame us for being concerned. Now look at me Remus and be totally honest.” Sirius paused. “Are the Ravenclaws after you?” Remus exploded with laughter, causing a chain reaction with the rest of the group.
“You guys are absolutely ridiculous. You know that? Now stop with that talk before we actually do have a house war.” Remus scratched his arm where the bandage was.
“You can probably take that off now. The nurse here has pretty quick medicine.” mumbled James, who was falling asleep in the sunlight. He of course spoke from much experience. Remus took off the bandages to find a completely healthy forearm below it.
“See now, good as new.” smiled Sirius. “Now gents, now that James is good and wet, lets go back into the castle where he can slip and fall numerous times for our amusement.” He said loudly enough to wake up James.
“What about my name?” he said sleepily.
“I said lets wake up James and go back into the castle.”
“Oh right.” Said James as he slowly got up and headed back towards the castle. The others followed.
And on the way back up, he did slip and fall numerous times, and the guys were amused.